Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 AM

31 posts, read 95,958 times

Advertisements

Anyone like Apex, Holly Springs, Rolesville, or Wendell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 AM

108 posts, read 375,093 times
i live in asheboro and work in greensboro. Greensboro has terrible drivers and has a lot of ghetto. a lot of pollution too.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM

16 posts, read 52,653 times
As far as family with children, is Greenville a good place to relocate? How about around the Washington area? We are looking for a good place to raise a family in a town on the water.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMom View Post
As far as family with children, is Greenville a good place to relocate? How about around the Washington area? We are looking for a good place to raise a family in a town on the water.
Greenville is not on the water, but is a decent place to raise a family. Washington has a beautiful waterfront and historic district, but does have its share of crime and poverty. Schools there are marginal. Another area you might consider is New Bern.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM

67 posts, read 202,544 times
Favorite:
Hillsborough, Greensboro, Durham, Boone, Blowing Rock, Linville, Lumberton

Least Favorite:
Chapel Hill,anywhere in Wake County

Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,950 times
Asheville, Morganton, Hickory, Boone, Waynesville are favorites.

Charlotte, Durham, Winston-Salem, Jacksonville, Salisbury are least favorites.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM

135 posts, read 525,783 times
Favorites: Greensboro and Charlotte. I'm more partial to the Gate City, as I lived there for close to 8 years, and look forward to relocating in the very near future. Rolling hills, pretty friendly people, good schools, and still in the South, can't ask for more than that in my opinion. Also, I spent lots of time visiting relatives in Charlotte over the years, and I can say that I've always enjoyed my time down there, business or pleasure.

Least Favorite: Hickory, Fayetteville, Greenville. Yes, these are smaller cities in their own right, so I know they won't compare to the big three, but they just seemed incredibly dry and depressing.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
I rarely come across a city in NC I dont like. Even the ones I complain about arent necessarily cities Id stay absolutely not live in.

Any city near lake Norman has generally been poorly planned as far as roads and growth go, Mooresville being the worst on that scale. But I still like Mooresville, watching the city grow weekly (literally) is nothing short of amazing for any city.

Huntersville, well you can thank the Birkdale area for keeping that city unique. It now comes to define Huntersville as a family city.

Cornelius and Davidson are hand in hand. Both kept their old town style, which is good. Cornelius has some of the largest homes I have ever seen.

Troutman reminds me of a someone waking up all of the sudden. Because it has stayed small and seemingly oblivious to all the growth around it for years. But it will all change this year and the coming years, the town will be transformed by massive growth.

Gaston county has several small towns. Dallas, Stanley, and the larger Belmont area.

Lincoln county has just lil ol Denver. That place is the least developed of all lake Norman, an unincorporated town where it was illegal just two years ago for a store to sell alcohol.
Just adding...Vale, Lincolnton & Iron Station are also in Lincoln County.

My least favorites are: Charlotte, Mooresville, Gastonia, Shelby...too much traffic in all these towns!
My favorites are: Lincolnton, Cherryville, Davidson, Cornelius...I'm a lover of small towns.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:09 PM

9 posts, read 21,082 times
"Troutman reminds me of a someone waking up all of the sudden. Because it has stayed small and seemingly oblivious to all the growth around it for years. But it will all change this year and the coming years, the town will be transformed by massive growth"

I loved this! We have always been very much awake! The town has stayed small all these years because we (those of us who have lived here for many years) wanted it this way. We are right between Statesville and Mooresville if we wanted a smaller city atmosphere. We are also almost equal distance from Charlotte and Winston if we wanted something larger. I have been right here almost all of my life except for about 2 years right after I got married. Our crime rate is almost zero. Until just the last few years, we knew everybody in town. As children, we roller skated and rode our bikes on the sidewalks and could cross the street without fear of being run down. Those days are gone and we are starting to grow. I know change is inevitable but I really miss the "good old days." I would still recommend Troutman to anyone coming to our area. People are friendly. Churches are plentiful. Schools are good. We are very near Lake Norman.

Try it! You'll like it!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:21 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
Favorite: Raleigh
Least Favorite: Charlotte. :|
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina