U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 PM

67 posts, read 183,775 times

Advertisements

Start praying right about.... now.

Kidding, I know the feeling. Two days after I got my license I had a warning ticket and I have had my fair share, I have lead foot what can I say. I suggest, get an attorney, not sure what county you were in but if you were in Orange county I have a suggestion for one. However I do have to agree with the others here in that you should loose your license, then you will learn a lesson. But then again there are people twice your age that do worse and keep theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM

5 posts, read 12,106 times
You can loose your license. I got two speeding violations in one year after 14 years of driving and I lost my license for a whole year. I know of others who have DWI's and are driving today. It all depends on the DA. Good Luck!! I've learned my lesson. Oh and another thing havaing a good attorney, money, and a good record means nothing. I offered to pay what ever it takes and to do community service and still was denied driving.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 332,913 times
Going a few years back in Wake, knew a girl that just came to NC. Less than month had three speeding tickets. Guess they didn't have cops back where she came from! ) Anyhow, got an attorney, told her she didn't even have to show up for court. All dismissed. Sounds like a racket to me.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:20 PM

804 posts, read 2,480,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin112 View Post
i am 16 and have my full provisional lisence. i got cot going 73 in a 55, it is my first ticket. i am absolutely 100% guilty i have no excuse i just wasnt paying close enough attntion. what should i expect on my court date. can i loose my lisence????if so how long?? what kind of fine am i looking at cause i only have a month to come up with some $$ i dont have money or a job so i need to know how much stuff i need to sell. if i plee guilty will they cut me some kind of deal where they bring the ticket to a under 15mph ticket. and is there any way to get the points off of my lisence???? also im going 2 court on my birthday some birthday preasent hu . and i heard about some thing where you can ask the judge to drop the ticket on the terms that u promise not to get another one for 3 years?? whats the deal with that??

calvin
If you are admiting you are 100% guilty why even go to court? Just pay the fine and learn your lesson. I am not from your state but have never heard of asking the judge to drop it if you promise not to get another.. sounds like something someone made up to me... If you go to court dress nice be very respectful and admit you were speeding and have learned your lesson and ask the court to reduce the fee because you are unable to pay the full amount. If the judge feels nice he may reduce your fee.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM

55,587 posts, read 74,469,498 times
s l o w d o w n

Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 PM

787 posts, read 3,319,181 times
I am shocked they didn't take your license on the spot. Get a lawyer, a good one and then pray for a good judge that might remember what it was like to be young. But seriously, speed limits are enforced for a reason. I don't know where you got this ticket but if the speed limit was 55 I can't imagine what driving 73 was going to get you but grief, possibly the loss of your license for at least 30 days and an increase for the next 3 years on your insurance or your parents or whomever's you are on. If you get past this relatively unscathed, don't do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina