U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:32 PM

6 posts, read 23,499 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating from miami.YEAH!!! we thought his transfer was going to be in the raleigh area and just found out it will possibly be to fayetteville instead. We love the raleigh area looked around wake forest,but the area would be to much of a commute( at least 1 1/2 hrs) Can anyone suggest an area that would give him a commute an hour or less. We have 2 children 3 and 8 weeks, so we'd like a family oriented area with good schools. decent size house( 3 or 4 br) and nice size yard for the boys for under $300k.Close to grocery shopping and something along the lines of a target or walmart Does this exist. Would love any input. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM

11,985 posts, read 28,212,359 times
When my parents and sister and brother in law moved back to NC from Florida, it was determined that my brother in law was going to work in Fayetteville at Cingular. The others didn't want to live in Fay. so they chose the Johnston County area, around Hwy 42. Bro in law says it takes him about an hour to get from that area to Fayetteville. You'd get plenty of house AND land for less than the $300,000.

Vicki

Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 17,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyleavingmiami View Post
My husband and I are relocating from miami.YEAH!!! we thought his transfer was going to be in the raleigh area and just found out it will possibly be to fayetteville instead. We love the raleigh area looked around wake forest,but the area would be to much of a commute( at least 1 1/2 hrs) Can anyone suggest an area that would give him a commute an hour or less. We have 2 children 3 and 8 weeks, so we'd like a family oriented area with good schools. decent size house( 3 or 4 br) and nice size yard for the boys for under $300k.Close to grocery shopping and something along the lines of a target or walmart Does this exist. Would love any input. thanks
Move to Fayetteville it's not that big but growing, for300k your family home will be nice, schools are good also lots of private schools, close to the beach and the mountains ,can't beat the weather.Oh good shopping

Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 17,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
When my parents and sister and brother in law moved back to NC from Florida, it was determined that my brother in law was going to work in Fayetteville at Cingular. The others didn't want to live in Fay. so they chose the Johnston County area, around Hwy 42. Bro in law says it takes him about an hour to get from that area to Fayetteville. You'd get plenty of house AND land for less than the $300,000.

Vicki
He should have moved to Fayetteville. And saved his self a lot of trouble

Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,099,809 times
How about Sanford or Southern Pines? I think you may be able to find what you're looking for in either of those towns. Bonus for Southern Pines if you're golfers, too!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:53 PM

6 posts, read 23,499 times
Default thanks!!!

Thanks to everyone for your input. We have been looking around harnett co. Areas of fuquay varina and lillington does anyone have any input good and/or bad I would love to hear it all.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,536,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyleavingmiami View Post
You could look into the City of Dunn, which is in Harnett County. It is a bit closer to Fayetteville (Cumberland County) than Raleigh and it has a Wal Mart, Lowe's, two separate in city shopping districts and major pharmacy chains, sit down restaurants, fast food chains and all the services you will need for home and auto.. There are a number of outlying communities where you can easily find a home in your price range. Dunn is about a half hour from Fayetteville and about 45 minutes from Raleigh.
City of Dunn: Dunn, NC

Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 AM

2 posts, read 37,640 times
Default Fayetteville-Raleigh

Happilyleavingmiami,

Finding a spot in the middle of Fayetteville and Raleigh with the plan of commuting to either is at the outer limits of practical commuting lengths for most people. Here's my 2 cents:

A great, growing area in Harnett Co. is Angier, NC. It is a 35-40 minute drive down NC Hwy 210 to the main (northeast) side of Ft. Bragg (tack on another 10-15 minutes to downtown Fayetteville). It is about a 40 minute drive to downtown Raleigh.

Angier itself is just a two stoplight town, but there are some nice ($190k-300k home) subdivisions - both existing and new construction just to it's NW, along Hwy. 55 toward Fuquay-Varina and south of it as well.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:27 PM

505 posts, read 2,307,967 times
Yeah, try Fuquay-Varina or angiers.

Fuquay to downtown Raleigh is 25 minutes. Not sure how far to Fayett. I would imagine 45 minutes though.

There are signs around Fuquay that say Fayett. is only 40 something miles.

I think those two towns would be your best choices. You can also look at Holly Springs.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:27 PM

444 posts, read 1,488,988 times
How about Laurinburg? Nice town not too big but has shopping, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or