U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 PM

473 posts, read 658,927 times

Advertisements

can anyone who has transferred an out-of-state nursing license to North Carolina please advise me of the process? I have gone to the NC Board of Nursing site, and maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed that I would have to provide the Board scores from the first state I was registered in -- not impossible, but a lot of trouble unless necessary -- so please help?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 AM

3,574 posts, read 13,113,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nims View Post
can anyone who has transferred an out-of-state nursing license to North Carolina please advise me of the process? I have gone to the NC Board of Nursing site, and maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed that I would have to provide the Board scores from the first state I was registered in -- not impossible, but a lot of trouble unless necessary -- so please help?
North Carolina Board of Nursing
LICENSURE BY ENDORSEMENT

North Carolina Board of Nursing
ENDORSEMENT TO NORTH CAROLINA AS A REGISTERED NURSE OR A LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE

Seems fairly straightforward to me and an email address is provided for questions.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM

473 posts, read 658,927 times
Default thanks mm_mary73 --

I'm sure glad you included the 2 links to the NCBON, because the site that I have has much more complicated instructions -- (I'll have to find that site and see why it's different) -- meanwhile, what you posted will be easy to comply with. Phew! another problem averted!

thanks again

Old 01-17-2009, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 30,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nims View Post
I am also trying to find out how to register in NC. I am an APRN. what is the address? I have searched the entire web. jan archer

Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 24,844 times
I also want to obtain licensure in nc and would appreciate any tips on how to navigate the process thank you

Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 AM

3,800 posts, read 9,725,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdrekraft View Post
I also want to obtain licensure in nc and would appreciate any tips on how to navigate the process thank you

Are you referring to an RN license? If so, scroll up a couple of posts and see the links provided by mm_mary73. Click on the links and the information you should be right there.

If you are coming from a compact license state, the process is incredibly easy.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 24,354 times
I'm an RN in Florida but have been out of work for 2 1/2 years due to health issues. My husband and I moved to NC a couple of months ago. Would I qualify to transfer my lisc to NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or