U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:30 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,673,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaf
Nancy--
Did you say Cracker Barrel??
I LOVE the Cracker Barrel...
I live near the Wisconsin/Minnesota border right now and am planning a move to NC before the next snowfall here. I was so hoping there would be Cracker Barrel's down there... there used to be one up here, in a Minneapolis suburb, but the last time I went there, it was all boarded up and and shut down, and we can't figure out why. Whenever we went there it was always packed.
Anyway I could eat the hash brown casserole till I burst, it's my favorite. It's one of the only restaurants I could go to around here and never be disappointed or get sick. Yay Cracker Barrel!
So can anyone tell me, how common are they in NC?
Twenty-four in North Carolina, according to their web site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2006, 04:56 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,353,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaf
Nancy--
Did you say Cracker Barrel??
I LOVE the Cracker Barrel...
I live near the Wisconsin/Minnesota border right now and am planning a move to NC before the next snowfall here. I was so hoping there would be Cracker Barrel's down there... there used to be one up here, in a Minneapolis suburb, but the last time I went there, it was all boarded up and and shut down, and we can't figure out why. Whenever we went there it was always packed.
Anyway I could eat the hash brown casserole till I burst, it's my favorite. It's one of the only restaurants I could go to around here and never be disappointed or get sick. Yay Cracker Barrel!
So can anyone tell me, how common are they in NC?

as the previous poster has stated you will have no problem finding a Cracker Barrel (that's not even including South Carolina). Don't want to make you jealous but ate there yesterday and had the hash brown casserole, fried apples and bisquit (yum...yum...)

Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,077,444 times
My brother and sister in law called to tell me they ate there last night on their way back from GA. I'll have to try the hashbrown casserole next time I'm out there.
We use to have them in CA, but they closed down a long time ago. My husband use to go there when he traveled to Germantown, WI on business.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:21 PM

143 posts, read 443,587 times
Last one I ate at was alive & well and just south of the VA line in NC.

Don't know the name of the town, but it was right off I-95.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:28 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,673,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W
Last one I ate at was alive & well and just south of the VA line in NC.

Don't know the name of the town, but it was right off I-95.
That would be Roanoke Rapids, NC

Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 PM

143 posts, read 443,587 times
That definitely rings a bell!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:23 PM

5 posts, read 9,564 times
Default Relocating

I can not tell you how glad I am to see there are so many people moving to the peidmont and mountain area of my state. I have so worried about the influx of imports in the southeastern part of my state and the population boom. I encourage all of you to move to these areas discussed on this site. You will be much happier in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham) area or Charlotte area. They are much more metro than anything else the state has to offer. We Welcome your business on the coast for business, but please be advised; you would not be happy here. We have heavy humidity for most months of the year, mosquitoes large enough to carry you away, water bugs the size of quarters, intolerable growth problems, not to mention insurance and hurricanes. We welcome your visits and look forward to your business, but you wouldn't want to move here.

Last edited by delaney58; 04-22-2006 at 11:25 PM..

Old 04-24-2006, 03:03 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Love the grits, seafood and BBQ. I love the chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel and still have not had the pleasure of eating at a Waffle House, am I missing anything on that one? I watch Paula ís Home Cooking every Sat and Sun AM on the food network and can hardly wait for my next trip to Savannah to eat at her restaurant. I will be ordering cheesy biscuits for sure! When they say southern food is comfort food they arenít kidding! Ate at Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House in Savannah and The Dillard House in GA (canít remember the city). These are family style restaurants and whatís on the menu is exactly what you get, I have never been served so much food.

If you ever go to Boone, NC, I recommend the Dan'l Boone Inn Restaurant. Delicious country cookin'! Their country ham biscuits are heaven! My family and I live in Greensboro and we take a trip to Boone (by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway) each Fall. We have to eat at Dan'l Boone Inn when we go. Looove their food.

http://www.danlbooneinn.com/

Old 04-24-2006, 07:03 PM

14 posts, read 50,850 times
Default California to NC

Hi I also have moved to NC from the North.Pennsylvania to be exact. I really love it here and think that it is a great place to raise a family. My next door neighbors moved here from the San Francisco area. They are so happy with the cost of homes compared to California and they love the climate and the friendly people. We live in Cary and the neighborhoods are diverse. Most people have moved here from somewhere else so making new friends is easy.I'll send you a personal message with some website info to check out Best of luck Nancy

Old 04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,775,494 times
Default CA to NC

I know someone who moved from Santa Monica to Asheville -- you won't be alone. He mentioned to me that he has met a few other SoCal transplants.

I haven't met too many CA transplants myself, but I have met plenty from the eastern part of the U.S. (such as the northeast and FL).

Now that I think about it, I'm from Florida. I've been here about 14 years and have been assimilated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or