Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times

Advertisements

We must've been typing at the same time. I didn't realize it was a response to Ellie Mae, I didn't read all of her posts. However, I had been responding to something Sarcat had written and it had the same context, so I thought you combined a response to a few different posts, including mine. Sorry to sound nasty, guess I was being typical Joizy for a minute, huh? Please accept my apologies too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo
We must've been typing at the same time. I didn't realize it was a response to Ellie Mae, I didn't read all of her posts. However, I had been responding to something Sarcat had written and it had the same context, so I thought you combined a response to a few different posts, including mine. Sorry to sound nasty, guess I was being typical Joizy for a minute, huh? Please accept my apologies too.

I have lived on both coasts and I have traveled to most places in between. I believe I have probably met someone from every state in the US. I have found something good in everyone I have met. Ellie Mae’s reference to the confederate flag set me off. There are many who are using it as a sign of rebellion something they think is cool, cause they have some Lynyrd Skynrd records, or they watched Dukes of Hazzard.

In some parts of the south that mind set is alive and well, but not everywhere, as some would like us to believe. I saw some of that growing up, but I never felt a part of all that.

Welcoming, Southern hospitality is alive and well in NC, so anyone who doesn’t feel that probably brought it on themselves.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 PM

16 posts, read 72,340 times
EXCUSE ME,.. I SAID "LIBERALS" and include the arrogant, moneyed people who think they are better than everyone else. The bay area people are the worst! These people move to a postage stamp, get a horse or two, know little or nothing about handling these animals, and now they are the "horsey-set" complete with attitude.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:51 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,139 times
They really must know nothing about horses. All horses are herd animals and crave the company of their own species more than any other requirement of life. Even sweetest horse will go insane if isolated by itself.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:18 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Default uh oh!

Quote:
Red,

Exactly who are you speaking to in your response?

Pixie I think he was addressing Ellie Mae !

Old 04-28-2006, 06:35 PM

Yeah, we established that and traded apologies already. But thanks for pointing out my irrational stupidity again for me LOL

Old 04-28-2006, 08:34 PM

Smile Hey Pixie!

I am enjoying reading your posts. I relate to them quite a bit.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:12 PM

Default To Whomever It May Concern

Look, I'm not from the south, don't know if I'll ever move to the South, but I'm catching on to why Red responded the way he did. Call me stupid or Yankee but what is Ellie Mae talking about regarding postage stamps and horses?

Ellie Mae - although I haven't half a clue what you're ranting about and although I'm not a "liberal" myself, I do detect a tad bit ( ) of hostility. You know, they say a branch that doesn't bend can break. Maybe you should accept some change here and there.

NYer, I imagine you can completely relate, we have the worst reps

Old 04-29-2006, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Well, we both come from a very diverse area, and in our current lives others have us categorized, & we categorize others... but we don't see each other as "New Jerseyans" or "New Yorkers"... really we are seen as Jews or Catholics or Irish or as residents of such & such ritzy town or down & out housing project... with kids in This private school or on That sports team...

we have our own opinions on NY drivers or Jersey drivers (funny no one disparages the COnnecticut drivers!!) and on how rude & obnoxious people in other groups are

it will be weird to be seen as part of a big group of rude people, all lumped together!

Old 04-29-2006, 11:59 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
Quote:
Look, I'm not from the south, don't know if I'll ever move to the South, but I'm catching on to why Red responded the way he did. Call me stupid or Yankee but what is Ellie Mae talking about regarding postage stamps and horses?

Ellie Mae - although I haven't half a clue what you're ranting about and although I'm not a "liberal" myself, I do detect a tad bit ( ) of hostility. You know, they say a branch that doesn't bend can break. Maybe you should accept some change here and there.

I think you should move where you want to. If you find someone who doesn’t like it, or you, too bad for them. I’m sure you will find more that accept you for who you are than not.
Take what i’minformed with a grain of salt. From what I’ve read from him I don’t think he will ever be happy and any environment other than an area that is heavily populated by Greek immigrants.

The “postage stamp” is a reference to the tiny piece of land that has a house and small yard for the horse. Some areas in CA have horses on less than an acre.
The red/blue state issue places anyone in the north east and west coast as a liberal. I know a lot of conservative and liberal people in CA. If you look at the percentages I think the dems got just over 50% last election and over 40% for repubs. So if you are from CA are you liberal, maybe, maybe not. I’m sure it’s the same where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina