Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 12:26 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
My analysis is I don't trust the analysis of sources who are obviously bias to the outcome.
ROFLMAO!!!

Why do you think that carpenters were working for the production companies, building sets? Do you think that they were doing it to have less stable jobs & make less money than to work for a builder?

Why do you believe the lawmakers who did this to make up for the tax cuts for Art Pope & his friends? Do you believe that Art Pope deserved a tax cut more than thousands of people deserved a source of income that was better than minimum wage? Do you think that Art Pope gave his workers a pay raise with his tax cut?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
I'm sorry friend, I've been on the interbutt way too long to think you can bait me into crawling through a 50 page report to argue with you.
Not looking to argue, just looking for someone who has the knowledge and ability to analyze the data and articulate a logical, cogent response when differing with the author of the report. Guess thats not you.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:37 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Not looking to argue, just looking for someone who has the knowledge and ability to analyze the data and articulate a logical, cogent response when differing with the author of the report. Guess thats not you.
LOL did you read the report?

or are you just waving some tome around and demanding someone actually takes the time to read it before you're going to deign to consider their opinion.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
LOL did you read the report?
Yep. Maybe you should too.

Quote:
or are you just waving some tome around and demanding someone actually takes the time to read it before you're going to deign to consider their opinion.
Well, do you generally listen to people's opinions who have no knowledge of the matter at hand?

Thats a bit like saying you don't care if your surgeon went to medical school or not, as long as he THINKS he knows how to perform surgery.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:46 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,796 times
Quote:
Like the problems with that report lie outside the report

Sampling sizes
interpretations in impact
emphasizing certain data points

All those ideas are best summed up in the idea a study by film industry is a non credible source for the impact of film in NC.

I literally even copy and pasted from a rhetoric 101 why this study is problematic

yet still you keep insisting to respond to the stupid study. I'm sure for the data they choose to present it's a valid and logical conclusion.

If you still think they're trust worthy then you know I have a bunch of material on these cut-co knives I'm selling and I think you'll find they're the best. You can trust them because they sell knives!!!!

I'll pencil you down for a dozen....

Old 08-07-2015, 02:43 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:

Sampling sizes

All those ideas are best summed up in the idea a study by film industry is a non credible source for the impact of film in NC.

I literally even copy and pasted from a rhetoric 101 why this study is problematic

yet still you keep insisting to respond to the stupid study. I'm sure for the data they choose to present it's a valid and logical conclusion.

If you still think they're trust worthy then you know I have a bunch of material on these cut-co knives I'm selling and I think you'll find they're the best. You can trust them because they sell knives!!!!

You're welcome to your opinion, but just go ahead and admit that you don't give a rat's patoot about people loosing a way to make a living to fund tax cuts for the filthy rich.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Sampling sizes

Um, ok. Can't understand what any of that means. Take care.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:09 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Um, ok. Can't understand what any of that means. Take care.
No study needed, it's econ 101, follow the money. NC got a head start on most places outside of Hollywood with the studios in Wilmington. Although still a solid infrastructure to stay competitive for a while, the competition has increased x-fold over the years and only a matter of time before the huge sucking sound gets louder.

It's the typical competitive business model that pits regions/states against each other through a series of business incentives. The entire political climate in Raleigh has had a negative impact on the state's image and will ultimately stymie future growth. NC's growth moment of inertia was overcome in the 60s/70s/80s with progressive leadership (dem and repub) who set aside partisanship to create a story and image that galvanized interest and growth in the state. Now, short and selective memories think the momentum can continues without a serious fight and incentives to keep what was so hard to capture.

A perfect analogy is everybody wanted Tiger Wood's swing but Tiger Woods when at the zenith of his game(keep changing swing, etc and now injury and age has sort of caught up with that approach).

Everybody want's to do want NC has done but NC.....other states have caught on and are doing it better.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 08-08-2015 at 07:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina