Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:15 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times

Advertisements

Also, you say you want to attend college, but wouldn't it be better to find a university you're interested in and move based on that, not simply "Raleigh and Charlotte are the cities I've heard of"? What field are you interested in; maybe we can suggest which places are known for that program. NC is not a small state and it's not as if you can commute to everywhere from everywhere else (not that I'm saying you think that--but your ignorance of many other things about NC makes me wonder, and sometimes people in Calif. tend to believe that every other state besides Texas and Alaska is "small"). How much do you know about the geography of our state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Not sure if you've already decided, but I hope you don't overlook the Triad...Winston-Salem/Greensboro. Some great universities there (one of the best in the state) and two really nice cities that are beginning to grow much like Raleigh and Charlotte did 20 years ago. It would be a shame to miss out on at least seeing what this area has to offer just because it isn't quite as well-known as the other two. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedmont_Triad

Old 11-12-2015, 12:52 PM

30 posts, read 26,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Also, you say you want to attend college, but wouldn't it be better to find a university you're interested in and move based on that, not simply "Raleigh and Charlotte are the cities I've heard of"? What field are you interested in; maybe we can suggest which places are known for that program. NC is not a small state and it's not as if you can commute to everywhere from everywhere else (not that I'm saying you think that--but your ignorance of many other things about NC makes me wonder, and sometimes people in Calif. tend to believe that every other state besides Texas and Alaska is "small"). How much do you know about the geography of our state?

Hi Francoise!
I had written in OP:

Question: Where do I live?
I would like to buy a town home/condo near an area where I can work and attend a College (my degree is MSA/Accounting.

I’m prepared to study with 20yr olds, but I need to come home to an older 35+ crowd in my living situation.Which city is best to progress with college, but still big enough to offer a good 30's plus crowd?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:37 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely.Kiki View Post
Hi Francoise!
I had written in OP:

I would like to buy a town home/condo near an area where I can work and attend a College (my degree is MSA/Accounting.

I’m prepared to study with 20yr olds, but I need to come home to an older 35+ crowd in my living situation.Which city is best to progress with college, but still big enough to offer a good 30's plus crowd?
Have you considered Wharton at University of Pennsylvania? Graduates of Wharton can pretty much write their own ticket.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely.Kiki View Post
Hi Francois!
I had written in OP:

Ah, sorry, I missed that. I think UNC-Chapel Hill probably has the best Accounting/business program in NC, but are hard to get into. Probably any college will have that department, just make sure they aren't LOW on any lists like US News & World Report.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 PM

SB295
Wharton sounds amazing, but I don't have private school tuition money and I don't think I would drop that kind of money for an accounting degree, the MBA maybe, but not for accounting.
I'm content being a CPA, auditor and working with middle management, then starting my own business. I'm not going to be CFO to a Fortune 500 company or anything like that- I don't have that much drive.

@Francois
Wow, what a beautiful university UNC is..
I see what you mean by admissions might be tough. I need to take the GMAT or GRE to see where I am at, but my GPA is 3.5, so there's hope yet. I'm going t to Raleigh in December, and I'm going to try see if I can visit Chapel Hill on the same trip.

Thank you for the response and advice, guys.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:38 PM

It' been a very hard time for me with this decision to leave LA. Many of my friends are not supportive, so I really appreciate the pointers on this forum. I really feel like I am getting great advice on where to start my search with this relocation.
Thank you so much for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina