Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,874 times

Advertisements

Last week I was going 70 in a 55 zone, got pulled over by NC state trooper. Prior to this citation I have a clean driving record.

So, what are my options for handling this speeding ticket. When my court date arrive can I request PJC (prayer for judgement continued)

My amount fine is set at $30 and court cost of $188.

I was ticketed in Wayne County North Carolina.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 06:37 AM

235 posts, read 306,896 times
The fines will need to be paid no matter what. The most you can hope for is reduced points.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:12 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times
I got one of those tickets four years ago. A lawyer from Raleigh took the "case" the ticket was changed to defective equipment (speedometer) the lawyer cost $205 the exact same as the fine would have been, (what a coincidence) but no points and no increase in Insurance.

Get a lawyer!

Old 01-22-2016, 07:45 AM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble Tamble View Post
OMG, what kind of nefarious people am I hangin' out with here?

Here's how I use to handle this type of situation. Just before court starts go up to the prosecutor and admit to the error of your ways (heavy foot), and ask if the court can reduce things in your favor. With a good record, they may bend a little for you.
This may work in some situations, but it would be a gamble. A response you may receive is "I'm glad you see the error of your ways and you'll be having better judgement with your driving. Now, as to the charges before the court, the court finds you guilty!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: