U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2006, 10:23 AM

17 posts, read 61,105 times

Advertisements

i am so confused on were to look.nc is so big and just beautiful.i would love to be close to the mountains ,but im not sure about the schooling or jobs.how about the medical in these areas.i know the triangle has all what i want its the humidity im worried about. anymore info would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2006, 10:47 AM

143 posts, read 443,772 times
Look at the Winston-Salem area. They have WFU there and some other good medical facilities. You're just starting to get toward the mountainous area there.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 AM

787 posts, read 3,323,396 times
If heat and humidity are a problem for you, stay away from the coastal plains that runs from the coastal counties about to Raleigh. It is 82 degrees at 12:46 PM and we are heading for a high of 90 degrees before the day is over. I have seen it at 100 degrees in May and by June, July, August, and probably September it will be at least 90 + most of the time. The humidity is usually stiffling during the summer. I would at least get to Raleigh but your better bet is to go even further and get into the mountains or at least at the eastern edge of them. Good luck with your move. And I am sure everyone will be glad to see you when you get moved to North Carolina.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:05 AM

5,661 posts, read 24,682,477 times
Asheville and surrounding counties should easily meet your needs. We have large numbers of retirees in the area and many part-time residents who live here during the summer months to escape the heat of the flat lands. Daytime highs average 83.3F for July and 82.7F for August, according to the National Weather Service station located at the Asheville-Hendersonville airport. Snow amount is around 15" over the course of an average season. Medical facilities are above average, probably due to the large number of retirees in the area. We have an older average population in this area than NC as a whole. I don't know about jobs and schools other than the University of North Carolina has a campus here.

The historic small towns of Hendersonville, Brevard and Flat Rock are all south and close to the city of Asheville without the associated urban lifestyle and costs.

Last edited by mm34b; 04-21-2006 at 11:36 AM..

Old 04-21-2006, 07:04 PM

17 posts, read 61,105 times
thanks guys, i really appreciate that.im going to keep serching ,but with the help of some kind strangers It will make this much easier.thanks again guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina