Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 640 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to ENC in a few months, husband is disable and wants to retire there, but I don't want to retire yet.... I have 9 yrs of School Bus Driving experience, my question is, are there any jobs for this profession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Most school systems in the state are looking for new drivers during the summer to fulfill needs.

I recommend with that much experience, shoot for a higher wage, longer hours (more pay) with a public bus system.
Since you stated eastern NC, Try Wilmington NC area as it would be a great place for your retiring husband the bus system is called 'Wave' transit. Wave Transit Employment

Old 02-04-2016, 10:54 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Most school systems in the state are looking for new drivers during the summer to fulfill needs.
You would normally have to apply to the County school system you are interested in. I know we normally have a lot of turnover in jobs in Onslow County. Here's where to look: Onslow County Public Schools - AppliTrack Recruitment

Coastal NC is 300 hundred miles long, so the other counties you might look into are Currituck, Dare, Hyde, Pamlico, Craven, Carteret, Pender, New Hanover and Brunswick. There are also inland counties like Washington, Beaufort and Pitt where there might be jobs.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,236 times
Most school districts are in constant need of drivers. Cumberland County has a constant need for drivers.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:17 AM

261 posts, read 380,597 times
There was a story on the local news last night about New Hanover County schools (Wilmington) facing a huge shortage of school bus drivers. So much so they are now offering health insurance and retirement benefits in an effort to recruit drivers.

NHCS to offer free bus driving classes to increase drivers due t - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina