U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM
 
1,100 posts, read 524,338 times
Reputation: 333

Advertisements

I will be relocating in June, as I will return to Fort Bragg for work. I'm looking at potentially apartments/lofts downtown Fayetteville, a small house in the Haymount neighborhood or a small house in Southern Pines or Sanford.

I'd like to keep the residence @1000sq ft and rent @1200/month if at all possible. I can go higher on both sq ft and rent if needed (location and overall "wow" factor of the residence would be key). I'm moving from downtown Raleigh and I know none of these places offer the same atmosphere/vibe. I'm just looking for a solid place that's within a 45 minute commute to Bragg.

The reason(s) I chose these locations:

DT Fayetteville/Haymount - just to be within walking distance or near restaurants and drinking establishments; as well as to be around the events that take place within downtown Fayetteville.

Southern Pines - It seems to be a "safer/nicer" place to live and the downtown area has a nice vibe to it imo.

Sanford - It puts me closer to Raleigh for weekend trips.

What's everyone's view on the locations? And can anyone recommend a relocation specialist/property manager/realtor that can assist with finding properties within these areas?

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Chapelboro
11,626 posts, read 12,733,094 times
Reputation: 9637
Dang, you'd be moving from Raleigh? I'd seriously consider Fuquay or Holly Springs. If you were coming from podunk-ville somewhere else I'd say just move on into to Fayetteville, but I've been down a lot for the past year visiting an elderly aunt and have been thinking on Fayetteville's issues. I think it just kind of stagnated in the 70s. Most of the new growth is just in chain restaurants, Walmarts, and a few apartment complexes. There are a few local places (the Mash House, etc), but most of the growth is just middle America. It's like all the potential growth in coolness just stagnated. There's nothing like what goes on in Raleigh at all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
 
1,100 posts, read 524,338 times
Reputation: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Dang, you'd be moving from Raleigh? I'd seriously consider Fuquay or Holly Springs. If you were coming from podunk-ville somewhere else I'd say just move on into to Fayetteville, but I've been down a lot for the past year visiting an elderly aunt and have been thinking on Fayetteville's issues. I think it just kind of stagnated in the 70s. Most of the new growth is just in chain restaurants, Walmarts, and a few apartment complexes. There are a few local places (the Mash House, etc), but most of the growth is just middle America. It's like all the potential growth in coolness just stagnated. There's nothing like what goes on in Raleigh at all.

Yea - I know the Fayetteville area is nothing like Raleigh...but unfortunately, work calls. I'll check out Fuquay and Holly Springs. Thanks for the recommendation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Chapelboro
11,626 posts, read 12,733,094 times
Reputation: 9637
It would be a 45 min commute so not ideal, but a whole lot closer to Raleigh. Not a fan of Sanford myself (have to drive through there to get to Fayetteville from Chapel Hill).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2016, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Southeastern Cumberland County
983 posts, read 3,657,686 times
Reputation: 811
I'd have to hunt around to find the name of it...but they've just built apartments/condos across the street from the Airborne Museum in Fayetteville. They look really nice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 04:28 AM
 
261 posts, read 300,578 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
I'd have to hunt around to find the name of it...but they've just built apartments/condos across the street from the Airborne Museum in Fayetteville. They look really nice.
Park View:

Park View — Distinct Downtown Living
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 05:08 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,844 posts, read 21,556,924 times
Reputation: 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Planner View Post
Nice, but they are condos or townhouses for sale. The 3-bedroom flats are starting at $369,000, which must be a record price for Fayetteville.

FWIW, I would vote for the OP to live near Haymount Street/downtown. I think that a long commute would get old fast. I also don't recommend Sanford for a young single guy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 09:59 AM
 
1,100 posts, read 524,338 times
Reputation: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Nice, but they are condos or townhouses for sale. The 3-bedroom flats are starting at $369,000, which must be a record price for Fayetteville.

FWIW, I would vote for the OP to live near Haymount Street/downtown. I think that a long commute would get old fast. I also don't recommend Sanford for a young single guy.

Appreciate the suggestion for the Haymount/Downtown area and thanks for the young comment!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 02:54 AM
 
173 posts, read 376,773 times
Reputation: 181
Where did you pick?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top