U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 10:33 PM

1,351 posts, read 755,921 times

Advertisements

He's got a point. Black Democrats in the South ain't waving any rainbow flags for the most part. I'm betting McCrory has more to worry from being down ticket of Trump than a popular uprising for trans rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 08:20 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,762,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
lolololol

How do you explain the current 10-3 R/D congressional delegation, when there was at 55%/45% between the two parties? That the three that went Democratic all won by around 75% of the vote. And all the others won by 55-65%? Looks just like district packing to me.

That is simple. The big cities are dem, the rest of the state is GOP, with exception of some high poverty (make that folks with their hands out) NE counties.. Not a good thing, but it is not that hard to figure out.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:29 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,762,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Um, hello this isn't amendment 1. This is far worse and is having catastrophic impacts to the economy.

Look at the numbers. The "tran" population is routinely pegged at .3% (for math challenged, that is not .03, but .003.

Look at it this way, if I offer to give you $10.00 if you only give me 3 cents back, you would do so in a second. Why? Because compared to $10, three centers is irrelevant.

That is what this big deal is about, 3 cents out of 10 dollars.

OBTW, I am against HB2 and I am against the City of Charlotte ordinance, too. This is a classic case of if the bathroom ain't broke, don't fix it. Once the pols and the agenda organizers got involved, they got it all screwed up.

I am only discouraged that .3% of the population can leverage so much attention, when our failing schools, failing infrastructure, our law against global warming, our new tax on car repairs (rich folks buy new cars, poor folks get their's repaired) get more than a paragraph.

No celebrities, no businesses, no NBA's are making threats about that stuff, stuff that affects huge numbers of North Carolinians, but yet, a perceived slight to .3% brings the hounds of hell down on NC.

Why Bruce Springsteen is not outraged about low teacher pay and low performing schools, but yet is aghast at a bathroom law (that is utterly unenforceable) reflects poorly on "the boss."

Just go figure!

Old 04-23-2016, 08:34 AM

3,679 posts, read 1,420,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Look at the numbers. The "tran" population is routinely pegged at .3% (for math challenged, that is not .03, but .003.

Look at it this way, if I offer to give you $10.00 if you only give me 3 cents back, you would do so in a second. Why? Because compared to $10, three centers is irrelevant.

OBTW, I am against HB2 and I am against the City of Charlotte ordinance, too. This is a classic case of if the bathroom ain't broke, don't fix it. Once the pols and the agenda organizers got involved, they got it all screwed up.

I am only discouraged that .3% of the population can leverage so much attention, when our failing schools, failing infrastructure, our law against global warming, our new tax on car repairs (rich folks buy new cars, poor folks get their's repaired) get more than a paragraph.

No celebrities, no businesses, no NBA's are making threats about that stuff, stuff that affects huge numbers of North Carolinians, but yet, a perceived slight to .3% brings the hounds of hell down on NC.

Why Bruce Springsteen is not outraged about low teacher pay and low performing schools, but yet is aghast at a bathroom law (that is utterly unenforceable) reflects poorly on "the boss."

Just go figure!
Where did you get that 3% from? Name a journal not a conservative news article for your source

Old 04-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 18 days ago)

5,634 posts, read 6,709,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

Just go figure!
Well, the low-info crowd on both sides get what passes for news off Facebook pages on their cell phones. That's not exactly equivalent of reading a newspaper in depth every day. I thought that when sales tax got applied to my utility bill I'd hear screaming ...other than my own. Not a peep! When the results of a reality show is bigger news than reality itself, can you really be surprised by the way of the world? I used to be, but not any longer.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:54 PM

3,275 posts, read 7,274,026 times
Wow....this thread is just full of silliness now. Actually it's outright ridiculous.

Look, if people want men to crap in the women's restroom, let 'em. If a woman claiming to be a man what's to pee spread eagle in a urinal next to me in the men's room, by all means do so but don't get upset when I laugh.

But like I said previously, I will stop any man who claims to be a women and tries to use the restroom while my wife and daughter are in there. I will ask politely first to wait until my wife or daughter leaves but will use force if he attempts to enter. Legal repercussions? Ha. I doubt it but even so I will stop at nothing for the safety of those two. Period.

And blah, blah, blah I know there are laws in place to punish a sex offender. Yeah, tell that to victims of sex offenders.

So y'all libs keep on playin'. But ya better start doing pushups because it's fixin' to get real, ya heard?

Old 04-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 18 days ago)

5,634 posts, read 6,709,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Wow....this thread is just full of silliness now. Actually it's outright ridiculous.

Look, if people want men to crap in the women's restroom, let 'em. If a woman claiming to be a man what's to pee spread eagle in a urinal next to me in the men's room, by all means do so but don't get upset when I laugh.

But like I said previously, I will stop any man who claims to be a women and tries to use the restroom while my wife and daughter are in there. I will ask politely first to wait until my wife or daughter leaves but will use force if he attempts to enter. Legal repercussions? Ha. I doubt it but even so I will stop at nothing for the safety of those two. Period.

And blah, blah, blah I know there are laws in place to punish a sex offender. Yeah, tell that to victims of sex offenders.

So y'all libs keep on playin'. But ya better start doing pushups because it's fixin' to get real, ya heard?
Just how many have you stopped so far?

Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 PM

3,275 posts, read 7,274,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Just how many have you stopped so far?
Exactly.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:31 PM

1,351 posts, read 755,921 times
The more cities adopt ordinances like Charlotte's, the more violence we will see from angry father's in "defense" of their daughters, whether their anger is justified or not. Of course they'll be arrested, but overall, these laws will cause more physical harm to trans people than they prevent.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:38 AM

4,959 posts, read 7,893,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
The more cities adopt ordinances like Charlotte's, the more violence we will see from angry father's in "defense" of their daughters, whether their anger is justified or not. Of course they'll be arrested, but overall, these laws will cause more physical harm to trans people than they prevent.
Not just Fathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or