U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,180,826 times
Reputation: 612

Advertisements

Republicans need to stop being so embarrassing and do some real work that does some good. I'm so tired of giving welfare to people who are too lazy to work so they trick people into electing them. Everything Republicans want to pass is about sex or protecting monopolies. You're supposed to be working for The People of NC. Nobody asked you to focus on stupidity. There are real issues like fixing infrastructure and gaining jobs and PROTECTING our environment, not helping dirty corporations destroy our water and air. Can we not tarnish the image of North Carolina any further?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2016, 02:29 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,180,826 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
What if he is not transgender, but not assaulting, just showering with them. How does one go about finding out he is not transgender? He is not going to admit it? Are we going to have shower police, with an interview sheet and lie detector?

It would be nice if we could all (on both sides of this issue) get real here for a little while. There is a big difference between someone who has actually changed their gender (no matter what you might think of that) and someone who just dresses up and makes that claim.

If one has actually changed genders then of course they should use the bathroom that fits their new gender....

However if they have not changed genders but simply changed clothes, they should use the bathroom that fits their actual gender...

No-one is worried about sexual attacks from a truly transgendered person, but rather from those who dress and pretend to be something they are not for the sole purpose of sexual gratification in one form or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 07:51 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,780,113 times
Reputation: 5072
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
If one has actually changed genders then of course they should use the bathroom that fits their new gender....

However if they have not changed genders but simply changed clothes, they should use the bathroom that fits their actual gender...

No-one is worried about sexual attacks from a truly transgendered person, but rather from those who dress and pretend to be something they are not for the sole purpose of sexual gratification in one form or another.
I agree 100% with what you have posted above. However, when one becomes a transgender, it is done in stages.....which may or may not include having surgery to remove the male's penis. If the male has not gotten to the stage of removing his penis or, like Jenner, opts not to ever remove his penis, there are some people who are still in favor of them being able to shower in the girls shower and it would be up to the girls to either deal with it or leave. Here is such a statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
That person could be a pre-op transgender person. Even then, if you don't feel comfortable showering with a transgender person, or a person you suspect isn't trans, then don't get in the shower with them, or wait until they finish. This isn't hard.
__________________
My mod posts will be bolded in red.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,180,826 times
Reputation: 612
But It's funny that the GOP doesn't give one grain of thought as to the consequences of their actions. They just act out and look like frightened deer when things blowup in their faces
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 AM
 
1,348 posts, read 740,875 times
Reputation: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
But It's funny that the GOP doesn't give one grain of thought as to the consequences of their actions. They just act out and look like frightened deer when things blowup in their faces
Funny, that's the impression I got from Charlotte when the NCGA followed through with their promise. Have you seen anything less than doubling down from the GOP leadership? Even McCrory's executive order in response to the growing hoopla was widely panned on the left as more of the same.

Maybe "overbearing bulls" would be a better analogy than "frightened deer."

Last edited by vulfpeck; 04-25-2016 at 08:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,780,113 times
Reputation: 5072
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
But It's funny that the GOP doesn't give one grain of thought as to the consequences of their actions. They just act out and look like frightened deer when things blowup in their faces
Neither the folks in Charlotte or the GA thought things through very well. I don't think there was a big issue happening before Charlotte decided that males should be able to shower with girls, so they should have left well enough alone......especially when the GA gave them plenty of warning as to what they were going to do. But they did it anyhow and of course the GA would not stop at common sense preventative actions and now NC is on the world stage.

Of course very few people look at the ENTIRE picture of how it happened and instead pick sides to attack. Typical.
__________________
My mod posts will be bolded in red.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:44 AM
 
3,774 posts, read 6,990,604 times
Reputation: 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Neither the folks in Charlotte or the GA thought things through very well. I don't think there was a big issue happening before Charlotte decided that males should be able to shower with girls, so they should have left well enough alone......especially when the GA gave them plenty of warning as to what they were going to do. But they did it anyhow and of course the GA would not stop at common sense preventative actions and now NC is on the world stage.

Of course very few people look at the ENTIRE picture of how it happened and instead pick sides to attack. Typical.
You keep repeating the same incorrect information. While we appreciate your input and interest from so far away, you can't possibly have very good information about CLT's ordinance. And it's evident in all your criticism of our LOCAL ORDINANCE, desired by OUR COMMUNITY, to enrich and uplift OUR CITY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,180,826 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Funny, that's the impression I got from Charlotte when the NCGA followed through with their promise. Have you seen anything less than doubling down from the GOP leadership? Even McCrory's executive order in response to the growing hoopla was widely panned on the left as more of the same.

Maybe "overbearing bulls" would be a better analogy than "frightened deer."



Such a small minded response. You obviously have an agenda to preach. But your preaching to a very small crowd. Doing so with animosity and bigotry. Like i've said before there's other issues at hand then worrying what happens in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:58 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,877 posts, read 27,138,998 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
"You really don't want to get into "the odds" on this one, since the odds any of the transgender .003% of the population actually directly benefit are far surpassed by the odds the female 50% are exposed to an environment in which they are less protected from sexual assault. Maybe in a few years we'll be discussing a Charlotte ordinance that requires litter boxes for the .0003% of the population with species dysphoria."



If you read back, you'll see that I'm not arguing for HB2. Charlotte's ordinance was just worse in that it actually created a more dangerous environment.

How far do you believe the SCOTUS should go to protect perceived "identities" from treatment different than the norm? The most common identity disorder is for adults to identify as children. Should they be protected as minors under the law? Should it be illegal for a surgeon to deny an amputation to someone with body integrity identity disorder? Do they get handicap parking prior to "transition"? How about groomers and vets that deny service to those with species dysphoria?
You like to toss around sex offender stats. Do you know why you can get that information? It goes back to Megan's Law. The original Megan's Law was written in NJ. Why was it written? A little girl named Megan was lured into her neighbor's house, sexually assaulted, then killed. Her parents had no idea that the nice neighbor had a history of sexual assaults of females who he KNEW.

Sexual assaults are most prevalent between people who know each other. Date rape falls under that. Rapists on the street, & in house break-ins are the outliers, as well as exhibitionists who get a cheap thrill by flashing genitalia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 AM
 
1,348 posts, read 740,875 times
Reputation: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Such a small minded response. You obviously have an agenda to preach. But your preaching to a very small crowd. Doing so with animosity and bigotry. Like i've said before there's other issues at hand then worrying what happens in Charlotte.
If you follow my statements at all, you'll know that I don't support HB2. The opponents of HB2 are noisy enough without me piling on, but someone also needs to stand up for the women and girls that Charlotte either knowingly or naively put at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top