U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 12:41 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,695,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I don't think this could possibly be constitutional. I just dread thinking about how much money this is costing the state now, and will cost the state in legal fees until it goes all the way to the Supreme Court. Just like Amendment 1. Big waste of everyone's time and money when there are still hungry children in this state.

I agree that I'm not any more worried about being molested by a transgendered person in the bathroom than I am about being by molested by a non-transgendered person anywhere else. Which means I take ordinary safety precautions, and attempt to be aware of my surroundings, everywhere I go.
I know. The taxpayers will foot the defense.

I've been watching my back in public restrooms for decades. The trans people don't worry me at all. The pervs do. Two entirely different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 12:44 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,517,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
You clearly misunderstand my point. Buck Angel, the first person whose photo I posted, was born a woman. He identifies as a male and has had top surgery, but not bottom surgery. I think you'd agree that just walking down the street if you saw Buck you'd assume he's a cisgendered male, not a trans man. Yet the state legislature is now saying that Buck would have to use the women's room. Likewise the last photo I shared is Dr. Marci Bowers. Dr. Bowers is a trans woman. Again, if you looked at her just walking down the street you might assume she's a cisgendered woman. Yet the state legislature is now saying that she would have to use the men's room.
Okay you're right that is my mistake. I was about to say that would counter any argument for this at all lol.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:46 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,799,113 times
I invite all trans people to come to NC and follow the letter of the new law. When a bearded trans man walks into a bathroom filled with women, we'll see just how well this law actually works.
Pass the popcorn. This could get interesting, really quickly.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:52 PM

3,114 posts, read 4,146,756 times
So very embarrassing. The troglodytes are in charge of my once-great home state, and the sane half of the state suffers. If you do anything, not only make sure you vote, but that you do all you can to get other sane, enlightened people to vote this November.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
So very embarrassing. The troglodytes are in charge of my once-great home state, and the sane half of the state suffers. If you do anything, not only make sure you vote, but that you do all you can to get other sane, enlightened people to vote this November.
^This

Old 03-24-2016, 01:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,591,459 times
If yall feel the action yesterday was a step backwards, please explain how is anything going to be changed on April 1st then the way it was last week?
I don't see any change except clarity on existing laws.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
If yall feel the action yesterday was a step backwards, please explain how is anything going to be changed on April 1st then the way it was last week?
I don't see any change except clarity on existing laws.
Well, the one big thing that has changed is that a trans person will be breaking the law for using the bathroom that relates to their current gender identity, regardless of how much that person might be seen by all as being their current gender.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 PM

2,304 posts, read 1,792,804 times
So Charlotte said bathrooms were segregated on gender identity.

The legislature has said bathrooms are segregated on biological sex.

No one has actually offered their opinion on why we segregate bathroom but lots of trolling shaming and meming.

Tsk Tsk

Personally I think alignment on bio sex is more in line with our expectations on bathroom segregation. But as I said, being on HRT would be a good justification for me.

"9 (b) Single-Sex Multiple Occupancy Bathroom and Changing Facilities. – Public agencies
10 shall require every multiple occupancy bathroom or changing facility to be designated for and only
11 used by persons based on their biological sex"

Biological sex. – The physical condition of being male or female, which is
34 stated on a person's birth certificate.

Regarding changing birth certificates...........

Statute: N.C. Gen. Stat. 130A-118(b)(4), (e) (2005).

Text: (b) A new certificate of birth shall be made by the State Registrar when . . .

(4) A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery.

So essentially what you have here is you can swap toilets after you get sex reassignment surgery.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,591,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Well, the one big thing that has changed is that a trans person will be breaking the law for using the bathroom that relates to their current gender identity, regardless of how much that person might be seen by all as being their current gender.
They are not breaking the law if they have original body organs as building code now law states, must be in restroom that corresponds to what is stated on their birth certificate according to this law
If the transgender has had the surgery, in NC birth certificate can be changed.
So yes Chaz Bono or Aydian Dowling can use the men's room,

Same with Carmen Carrea or Fallon Fox if she comes to Charlotte or Raliegh she can use the Women's.

The Charlotte ordinance was to broad, basically grants anyone to use the restroom of their choice and nothing would have prevented anyone including school age children going into the bathroom of other sex.
No one would be able to stop them as all they got to say this what I'm comfortable with

Some restrooms are connected to locker rooms like a school or YMCA, nothing would have prevented a bunch of horny 15-year-old boys hanging out in women's locker room or changing area at Carowinds.

Whatever transgender group pushed this in Charlotte actually just made it harder for them.

I don't feel making the majority of public uncomfortable or forcing business to accommodate.

Hopefully, business will follow the trend in creating single user family restroom and make them handicap accessible and share that.
Let them make the choice in forking for this capital expense.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:32 PM

4,611 posts, read 3,026,114 times
I'll be surprised if McCrory gets re-elected in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or