Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 03:24 PM

545 posts, read 590,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I'm sick to death of all these bought-off, faux-Christian, straight (or closeted) white men trying to destroy equality in this nation: anti-lgbt, voter suppression, environmental toxification, destruction of public education . . . ad nauseum. As for all the fearful little people who are terrified of trans-gendered "predators": you seriously need counseling. I'm guessing that the statistical probability of a transgendered person attacking a woman or a child in a restroom is astronomically lower than the statistical probability of a straight white male doing so. What makes all you people so hateful and fearful? It's just depressing.
They really need to go to the NC Sexual Offenders list online and see who their wives/children should be afraid of.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 03:43 PM

875 posts, read 1,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
They really need to go to the NC Sexual Offenders list online and see who their wives/children should be afraid of.....
It isn't about being "attacked in the restroom". It was about giving discrimination protection to men in the women's restroom/locker room if they simply said "I identify as female". How many of you females are OK with men of any type hanging out in the women's restroom? If I started going to the women's room would I be forgiven if I claimed I was transgendered? I wish I had thought of this in high school like this guy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us...room.html?_r=0

Old 03-25-2016, 03:55 PM

530 posts, read 632,891 times
This law inspired a funny or die segment North Carolina's Anti-Gay Tourism Commercial from lauren, Funny Or Die, Funny Or Die Po...

Makes me sad to see our state become a national laughing stock.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:56 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
It isn't about being "attacked in the restroom". It was about giving discrimination protection to men in the women's restroom/locker room if they simply said "I identify as female". How many of you females are OK with men of any type hanging out in the women's restroom? If I started going to the women's room would I be forgiven if I claimed I was transgendered? I wish I had thought of this in high school like this guy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us...room.html?_r=0
I'm not okay at all with men hanging out in the women's restroom. That said, the women's restroom is generally not a seedy kind of place for "hanging out." Women go into a private stall, pee and/or poop, wash their hands and leave. Maybe change a diaper from time to time. Terribly unexciting. Also, a man who transgenders to female is no longer a man. Finally, I'm pretty sure that we've all shared bathrooms with transgendered people, just as we've all shared bathrooms with gay people, with little tragedy as a result. Remember all the flap over gays in the military? As though there had never been gays in the military before straight people considered the possibility (conveniently overlooking people like Alexander the Great)? Calm down. It's a non-issue. I seriously doubt that straight white men, even if they labor under the delusion that a women's bathroom is a good pick-up spot (yeah, that's always been our preferred location for meeting the man of our dreams), will be eager to claim transgender status in order to stalk women in public bathrooms. I mean, seriously, dude. How about we focus on clean water, clean energy, shoring up public education, that kind of stuff, instead?

Last edited by OrganicSmallHome; 03-25-2016 at 04:05 PM..

Old 03-25-2016, 04:26 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,069,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I'm not okay at all with men hanging out in the women's restroom. That said, the women's restroom is generally not a seedy kind of place for "hanging out." Women go into a private stall, pee and/or poop, wash their hands and leave. Maybe change a diaper from time to time. Terribly unexciting. Also, a man who transgenders to female is no longer a man. Finally, I'm pretty sure that we've all shared bathrooms with transgendered people, just as we've all shared bathrooms with gay people, with little tragedy as a result. Remember all the flap over gays in the military? As though there had never been gays in the military before straight people considered the possibility (conveniently overlooking people like Alexander the Great)? Calm down. It's a non-issue. I seriously doubt that straight white men, even if they labor under the delusion that a women's bathroom is a good pick-up spot (yeah, that's always been our preferred location for meeting the man of our dreams), will be eager to claim transgender status in order to stalk women in public bathrooms. I mean, seriously, dude. How about we focus on clean water, clean energy, shoring up public education, that kind of stuff, instead?
In your posts to this thread, you seem to refer to "white men" as the bad guy in all of this. I seem to remember quite a few women, black and white, opposed to the Charlotte ordnance and many spoke out against it. What do you call someone who blames problems on one race/gender of people?

Last edited by Carolina_native; 03-25-2016 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Added.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:54 PM

43,046 posts, read 76,570,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
It's official. McCrory signed the bill. It passed the Senate with a 32-0 vote. All of the Democratic senators walked out in protest before the vote.

McCrory signs bill barring LGBT protections against discrimination :: WRAL.com
The Dems are being paid to vote. Win or lose, they have a job to do and that includes voting.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:09 PM

7,177 posts, read 6,734,987 times
San Francisco mayor bans government travel to North Carolina

Old 03-25-2016, 05:43 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,443,142 times
Well, I guess that the three San Francisco city employees who were going on the "NC Fact-Finding mission" of "what not to do" have had their flight cancelled. That being said, maybe Wells Fargo will start backing up those stagecoaches to the big bank building in Charlotte and evacuating their employees back to the safety of company headquarters in SF. That might be a bit of a wake-up call to the General Assembly!

Old 03-25-2016, 05:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,954,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
You're so right let's let the safety of vulnerable boys and girls be sacrificed in the name of 'equality'. Pathetic.
What prevents a pedophile from entering a bathroom without the state law? What prevents that with the state law? Isn't there already a law against pedophilia in NC? And why is there this weird, and frankly, absolutely detestable belief, that tg people are pedophiles?

Oh right, you're a Trump supporter. Basic human empathy for others is beyond you.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:51 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,954,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
I must have missed that part of the Bill of Rights. For the sake of argument let's say you are correct. The person should relieve themselves in the location that matches the plumbing they were born with.

If some random guy goes into a women's restroom and starts creeping he can be punished. The Charlotte ordinance made those activities implicitly acceptable. Any guy could claim they "identify as female" and hang out in the women's bathroom all day. Is that okay with you?

Also, in what universe are the following thoughts or policies discriminatory:

-NC citizens born with male body parts should use the men's restroom.

-NC citizens born with female body parts should use the women's restroom.

Now if you'll excuse me I've decided to sexually identify as an airplane and I'm going to run around the tarmac at RDU.
I know you're pretty proud of your ignorance on what transgender is, but Google exists for a reason.

If a guy wants to "creep" in a restroom, no law is going to stop it. This is about explicitly punishing a minority group that small-minded conservatives don't "get", a situation not that much different than gay people in general or interracial marriage in another generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina