U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

294 posts, read 171,596 times

Advertisements

I agree it was stupid for the Republicans to start this mess. This is a not an important issue if it does not affect a person. When the bills start rolling in then it affects more people and becomes a bigger issue. Funny how that works. Lets see $42,000 for the days session, monies spent for security on protests, unknown money for states reputation, businesses might not move but sure will remember when it comes time for expansions and they have several states to consider and the big one.........attorneys to represent them on the publics dime only to at some point be ruled against. I think conservatives should be outraged as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 10:56 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,663,518 times
I guess that good NC Republican Christians just can’t accept the idea that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are good and decent folks.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:14 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,237,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwuno View Post
I agree it was stupid for the Republicans to start this mess. This is a not an important issue if it does not affect a person. When the bills start rolling in then it affects more people and becomes a bigger issue. Funny how that works. Lets see $42,000 for the days session, monies spent for security on protests, unknown money for states reputation, businesses might not move but sure will remember when it comes time for expansions and they have several states to consider and the big one.........attorneys to represent them on the publics dime only to at some point be ruled against. I think conservatives should be outraged as well.
Democrats voted for this bill as well, so don't put it all on the Republicans.

For someone who claims to be a business owner, you sure seem to not think about the financial ramifications for businesses had the ordinance went into effect. But, I guess, since you're not NC based, then you wouldn't give a rip.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:21 PM

Financial ramifications come in different ways. I am not based in NC but I do come to the High Point trade shows at least once a year, some years twice and am seriously considering forgoing that this year if I get more positive responses from some of my better customers who look for my line at the show. I'm sure there are some that would say fine don't come to NC, we don't need you. Oh and I just heard that Boston and Portland have said they would have a travel ban go in effect. Same people saying Who Cares.......Financial Ramifications indeed.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:35 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,519,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This is a difficult one. One one hand I support the LGBT side of this argument.

On the other hand, yankees staying put in New York and Florida has a HUGE appeal.
Haha, this is by far the best response i've seen yet!

Old 03-30-2016, 06:02 PM

398 posts, read 370,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Democrats voted for this bill as well, so don't put it all on the Republicans.
Oh please. 11 out of 82 yes votes in the house and none in the senate were democrats. The facts are that the republican leadership called the special session and it passed almost exclusively with republican support. No democrat would have had a chance to vote for it if not for the republicans being in charge.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 PM

10,675 posts, read 8,205,397 times
and CT

Old 03-31-2016, 06:54 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,663,518 times
"DURHAM, N.C. — The onslaught of criticism, economic sanctions and a lawsuit being leveled at Gov. Pat McCrory of North Carolina grew on Tuesday, as the largest corporation in his state joined the fight against a new law that eliminated anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Bank of America, which has its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., announced late Tuesday on Twitter that its leadership was joining over 80 chief executives, including Timothy D. Cook of Apple and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, in objecting to the new law. Earlier in the day, the chief executives published a letter, addressed to Mr. McCrory, on the Human Rights Campaign website, saying, “Such laws are bad for our employees and bad for business.”"

Good luck in convincing NC's largest employer that HB2 is right and BA is wrong.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:29 PM

725 posts, read 1,303,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post

Bank of America, which has its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., announced late Tuesday on Twitter that its leadership was joining over 80 chief executives, including Timothy D. Cook of Apple and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, in objecting to the new law. Earlier in the day, the chief executives published a letter, addressed to Mr. McCrory, on the Human Rights Campaign website, saying, “Such laws are bad for our employees and bad for business.”"

Good luck in convincing NC's largest employer that HB2 is right and BA is wrong.
Good for them. I also hope Bank of America is considering closing their office in Saudia Arabia as well since they are concerned for everybody.

Saudi man arrested for flying

Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Good for them. I also hope Bank of America is considering closing their office in Saudia Arabia as well since they are concerned for everybody.

Saudi man arrested for flying

Braeburn Pharmaceuticals announced today they were going to rethink their 2 week old announcement of an expansion in the Triangle of a 20 million dollar plant and 50 jobs with an average of $76,000 because of HB2.

At what point does it become an issue for you. I am guessing never and to hell with everyone. Hopefully the Governor and others will see the light and do what is the best for the state and its people and its monies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or