U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-09-2017, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
909 posts, read 480,757 times
Reputation: 359

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I said no such thing & I'm not a dude, thank you.

As to the rest,
Fair enough, i think i know who it was now anyways but they wont say anything about it. And sorry if i offended you. Hard to tell through a screen. And yes as for the rest. Its all good

 
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
909 posts, read 480,757 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Let me try this again, Ace. I did not say one thing about Charlotte being the capital of anything, which you accused me of. Find that & see who said it, because it wasn't me.

You were not required to address me, personally. You chose to address me as if I was a male. I corrected you. Get over it & drop the snark.
I already found it and apologized. All yalls related names throw me off bad some times. That was my bad. But besides the male part lol the Detroit thing is silly but im all good with it if u are.

Last edited by Trent Y; 11-09-2017 at 09:12 PM..
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
 
6,270 posts, read 9,983,493 times
Reputation: 4723
To get the Triangle's CSA population is simple. Just add the metros of Raleigh and Durham together (1.86 million). Then add the 4 micropolitan counties. The major towns of those 4 counties are Dunn, Sanford, Oxford, and Henderson. Those 4 counties are roughly 290,000 when combined. Total it all up and you get a CSA of 2.15 million (not nearly 2.3 million).
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
909 posts, read 480,757 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
To get the Triangle's CSA population is simple. Just add the metros of Raleigh and Durham together (1.86 million). Then add the 4 micropolitan counties. The major towns of those 4 counties are Dunn, Sanford, Oxford, and Henderson. Those 4 counties are roughly 290,000 when combined. Total it all up and you get a CSA of 2.15 million (not nearly 2.3 million).
Or the even simpler way is by adding all of the counties verified by the census to be in the CSA together. And boom 2016 estimated population for Triangle.
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:19 PM
 
6,270 posts, read 9,983,493 times
Reputation: 4723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Or the even simpler way is by adding all of the counties verified by the census to be in the CSA together. And boom 2016 estimated population for Triangle.
Triangle CSA

Charlotte CSA

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-09-2017 at 09:28 PM..
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
909 posts, read 480,757 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Yep. Already saw that and saw it from the actual Census.gov site. Its just not accurate. Like i said, i tallied all the counties again using old populations from 2010 and 2014 and it still came out higher then that. These are just estimates and the only thing i can think of is that they just estimated the CSA population based off how it had been trending in growth from the beginning of the decade? Idk it doesnt make any sense. Breaking it down into a smaller county by county sample size leaves way less room for error.
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:43 PM
 
6,270 posts, read 9,983,493 times
Reputation: 4723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Yep. Already saw that and saw it from the actual Census.gov site. Its just not accurate. Like i said, i tallied all the counties again using old populations from 2010 and 2014 and it still came out higher then that. These are just estimates and the only thing i can think of is that they just estimated the CSA population based off how it had been trending in growth from the beginning of the decade? Idk it doesnt make any sense. Breaking it down into a smaller county by county sample size leaves way less room for error.
Or maybe you're counting counties that don't belong to the Triangle's official CSA? At any rate, your original point was to show us that the Triangle will soon be more populated than CSA Charlotte (minus EVERYTHING more than 12 miles south of uptown). And your strongest evidence of that is some weird conspiracy that the US census has against the Triangle (they ain't counting us right dag gummit).

Well heck, two can play that game. Maybe they did miss 100k people in the Triangle? Over here in Charlotte (based on the rapidly growing traffic) I'd say this area is really closer to 3 million. Metro Charlotte certainly has the GDP of a 3 million metro (it really does). Who the heck cares what the census says; what do they know anyways.....
 
Old 11-09-2017, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
909 posts, read 480,757 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Or maybe you're counting counties that don't belong to the Triangle's official CSA? At any rate, your original point was to show us that the Triangle will soon be more populated than CSA Charlotte (minus EVERYTHING more than 12 miles south of uptown). And your strongest evidence of that is some weird conspiracy that the US census has against the Triangle (they ain't counting us right dag gummit).

Well heck, two can play that game. Maybe they did miss 100k people in the Triangle? Over here in Charlotte (based on the rapidly growing traffic) I'd say this area is really closer to 3 million. Metro Charlotte certainly has the GDP of a 3 million metro (it really does). Who the heck cares what the census says; what do they know anyways.....
If you dont think im counting all the correct counties you're free to do it yourself. You can downplay it all you want but that doesnt seem odd to you that even when cutting thousands out of those counties by using there 2010 numbers the total is still significantly higher then what they're saying? And no i dont think its a conspiracy lol but it is common knowledge that the census isnt very accurate. They even post on their website that there are mistakes. But its the best we got so its not like it can be dismissed. Im sure its not the only mistake among city numbers. Charlotte just might have some inaccuracies as well. The difference is when counting all the counties individually it comes out to what the census says.

If you can give me a reasonable reason as to why it would be so off for the Triangle ill be glad to hear it. Not to afraid to admit if im wrong. This wasnt some personal vendetta of mine i just got researching it and found numbers that before werent readily available. Regardless, however they figure the CSA total is not by the counties that they themselves designate apparently.
 
Old 11-09-2017, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,011 posts, read 1,178,958 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
No matter what you say it won't matter. Post until your fingers go numb. It won't matter.
Charlotte will always be bigger and better in every way. No matter how much evidence and hard fact you present.

They will never concede the fact that just as many if not more people are moving to the Triangle as are moving to Charlotte. It's impossible for the Triangle to be at least on par with Charlotte. After all we don't have light rail,tall buildings,oh and 1 more pro sports team.

Hell will freeze over before they'll admit the Triangle is equal to or at least nearly equal to the Charlotte region.

Just my 2 cents. I've been down this road before lol. Just sitting back watching the usual Charlotte booster crew do their thing.

Word to the wise. Don't mention public school,crime,traffic,or Uptowns chain restaurants. Just concede everything is bigger and better in the unofficial capital of the Carolinas. Then they'll be satisfied


Please dont start this crap. Continune to be anonymous and move on. You continue to beat a dead horse with that same tired sentence. Light rail, sports, etc. You're so predictable bro it's funny move on.

Last edited by choloboy36; 11-10-2017 at 12:08 AM..
 
Old 11-09-2017, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,011 posts, read 1,178,958 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Or maybe you're counting counties that don't belong to the Triangle's official CSA? At any rate, your original point was to show us that the Triangle will soon be more populated than CSA Charlotte (minus EVERYTHING more than 12 miles south of uptown). And your strongest evidence of that is some weird conspiracy that the US census has against the Triangle (they ain't counting us right dag gummit).

Well heck, two can play that game. Maybe they did miss 100k people in the Triangle? Over here in Charlotte (based on the rapidly growing traffic) I'd say this area is really closer to 3 million. Metro Charlotte certainly has the GDP of a 3 million metro (it really does). Who the heck cares what the census says; what do they know anyways.....
Urban I can completely agree with you on the closer to 3 million part because this traffic here is getting ridiculous. like it is gotten so bad.It's already been bad but it's just bad now. Its like it doesn't matter what time of the day that you leave it's bad everywhere. I have to go to work extra early and have to plan for everywhere I go because how bad traffic has gotten. it definitely feels like it is in a 3 million plus Metro with everything that's going on. Prime example, I had a truck driver who seemed very nice try to have conversation with me in the gas station as I'm paying for gas. He turned around and said " is the traffic like this everyday"and I'm like guess it is now. I asked him where are you coming from and he says Atlanta and thats where he currently lives. Now that's saying something.

Last edited by choloboy36; 11-10-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top