Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 03:23 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,141 times

Advertisements

Let's break it down like this. My wife is from Charlotte as many of you already know. She had a cousin that was severely burned. Where do you think they took her? CMC hell no for one $1000 Alex!!!! You already know where she went. To one of the two worlds class hospitals available right down the road. Available to all but right down the road from any Triangle resident. Any Triangle resident will tell you it's pretty cool to have that right around the corner.

In my personal situation. My wife knows if anything serious happeneds to me. Take me to Duke!!!! Period no exceptions. Heck I'm a diehard UNC fan. If something happens to me get my signed coach K hat ready,I'm going to Durham!

2 world class hospitals and all their spin offs. Is something I dare say Charlotte will never have.

Sorry guys but you can post some more pics now.

I'm not even going to start up about the public school system today Maybe tomorrow lol

Old 11-12-2017, 03:34 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Both are agreeing to let a joint company operate the combined assets of each, so that includes day to day control no matter who owns what. They are billing it as bringing the best of both to the combined company & I don't doubt both will have some type of prenup if you will. The fact that CMC's current CEO will lead the combined company gives some indication as to which company is going to have control of this company
CMC and UNC are not pooling their assests. CMC will still be CMC and UNC will still be UNC. But their joint efforts will be put into this new entity for ONE vision moving forward. CMC guy will move into the CEO spot and the CEO of UNC will be Chairman of the new board overlooking and making decisions for this new combined system. Again, with this new board being made up 50/50 from officials on both sides. Its doesnt have to be a one or the other side thing. Why cant it just be exactly as they describe it as a new partnership for "better healthcare.* The cost and benefits for patients of this new joint operation is probably the only thing that should be debated at this point.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 PM

743 posts, read 825,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Let's break it down like this. My wife is from Charlotte as many of you already know. She had a cousin that was severely burned. Where do you think they took her? CMC hell no for one $1000 Alex!!!! You already know where she went. To one of the two worlds class hospitals available right down the road. Available to all but right down the road from any Triangle resident. Any Triangle resident will tell you it's pretty cool to have that right around the corner.

In my personal situation. My wife knows if anything serious happeneds to me. Take me to Duke!!!! Period no exceptions. Heck I'm a diehard UNC fan. If something happens to me get my signed coach K hat ready,I'm going to Durham!

2 world class hospitals and all their spin offs. Is something I dare say Charlotte will never have.

Sorry guys but you can post some more pics now.

I'm not even going to start up about the public school system today Maybe tomorrow lol
You're getting comical. You posted a list about hospital ratings & stated Charlotte only had 1 A rated hospital, never mind whether this ranking accurately reflects the level of healthcare patients receive or not. Other info has been presented that clearly shows that CMC & Novant both operate well regarded hospitals but no they don't meet the level of Duke or UNC & nobody disputes that. You also seem to continue to ignore the fact that UNC is willing to lower it's standards according to you & join forces with lowly CMC

Old 11-12-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
CMC and UNC are not pooling their assests. CMC will still be CMC and UNC will still be UNC. But their joint efforts will be put into this new entity for ONE vision moving forward. CMC guy will move into the CEO spot and the CEO of UNC will be Chairman of the new board overlooking and making decisions for this new combined system. Again, with this new board being made up 50/50 from officials on both sides. Its doesnt have to be a one or the other side thing. Why cant it just be exactly as they describe it as a new partnership for "better healthcare.* The cost and benefits for patients of this new joint operation is probably the only thing that should be debated at this point.
They have agreed to jointly operate their clinical,education & research operations & for this company to be controlled by a separate board & coporate structure even though each will maintain their current boards & ownership of current assets. They are not going to operate as 2 separate companies & the company that is in position to assume the most risk is likely to have the most members on the combined board. Like I posted earlier, CMC is much larger & has a proven track record of running fully integrated health systems from top to bottom. So my guess is that their corporate culture will win out in the end but I could be wrong & that's ok

Old 11-12-2017, 04:16 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,437,853 times
Health care can be hard to find some times. When you have a super bad problem and the local hospital can not find out what is wrong, in North Carolina we go to Duke. Most people do not have to go to Duke, but it is good to know it is there.
CMC perform the first heart transplant in North Carolina. I would say most people who go to the hospitals do just fine.
There is all way an exception to what people can get in health care at a local hospital.

To drag our health care system through the mud does not help anyone.
I am happy at the health care systems in Charlotte.

What we should look at is the poor counties in North Carolina and what health care they have.

I would say the 3 large metro areas in North Carolina has good health care coverage from their hospitals.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
They have agreed to jointly operate their clinical,education & research operations & for this company to be controlled by a separate board & coporate structure even though each will maintain their current boards & ownership of current assets. They are not going to operate as 2 separate companies & the company that is in position to assume the most risk is likely to have the most members on the combined board. Like I posted earlier, CMC is much larger & has a proven track record of running fully integrated health systems from top to bottom. So my guess is that their corporate culture will win out in the end but I could be wrong & that's ok
Yeaaahhh and thats a fair guess i suppose but as of right now theres no evidence of that. Seems they are really pushing the fact that they will be working together in everything. Whether thats 100% true or not is impossible to say until the public is allowed that information. Personally i hope it just doesnt go through. CMC is fine but theres been some haze around them with the law. I have a hard time seeing major benefits for the UNC side. I also have a hard time believing theres going to be a cost benefit for its patients either.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Health care can be hard to find some times. When you have a super bad problem and the local hospital can not find out what is wrong, in North Carolina we go to Duke. Most people do not have to go to Duke, but it is good to know it is there.
CMC perform the first heart transplant in North Carolina. I would say most people who go to the hospitals do just fine.
There is all way an exception to what people can get in health care at a local hospital.

To drag our health care system through the mud does not help anyone.
I am happy at the health care systems in Charlotte.

What we should look at is the poor counties in North Carolina and what health care they have.

I would say the 3 large metro areas in North Carolina has good health care coverage from their hospitals.
This i agree with. Supposedly one of the main forcuses for this new joint effort between CMC and UNC is to help more rural poor areas. I hope thats true though I'm skeptical.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Yeaaahhh and thats a fair guess i suppose but as of right now theres no evidence of that. Seems they are really pushing the fact that they will be working together in everything. Whether thats 100% true or not is impossible to say until the public is allowed that information. Personally i hope it just doesnt go through. CMC is fine but theres been some haze around them with the law. I have a hard time seeing major benefits for the UNC side. I also have a hard time believing theres going to be a cost benefit for its patients either.
UNC would get to focus on medical education & research which is what they do best

Old 11-12-2017, 06:39 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,141 times
Quote:
You're getting comical. You posted a list about hospital ratings & stated Charlotte only had 1 A rated hospital, never mind whether this ranking accurately reflects the level of healthcare patients receive or not. Other info has been presented that clearly shows that CMC & Novant both operate well regarded hospitals but no they don't meet the level of Duke or UNC & nobody disputes that. You also seem to continue to ignore the fact that UNC is willing to lower it's standards according to you & join forces with lowly CMC
I didn't rate the hospitals. Ratings came from independent source. You act as if I made the ratings up.

The fact remains that Charlottes hospitals rank 3rd in NC overall. Behind the Triangle and Triad. Pretty pitiful for the capital of the Carolinas.

One more time just in case you missed it. CMC brings money and UNC brings knowledge and expertise. Both will benefit. Charlotte might end up with a (A) rated hospital one day,maybe Uptown lol.We can only hope.

Why is it when one of the great state of Charlottes deficiencies is exposed. You guys go nuts. It's ok to post pics of Uptown all day. When the discussion moves to something Charlotte is weak on,all bets are off. Charlotte is a great city/metro. But it has some important weaknesses.

Crime,bad
Public schools,bad
Traffic,absolutely terrible
Not so great hospitals

All things adults would find important.

All true criticisms btw.

Last edited by Atowwn; 11-12-2017 at 06:53 PM..

Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I didn't rate the hospitals. Ratings came from independent source. You act as if I made the ratings up.

The fact remains that Charlottes hospitals rank 3rd in NC overall. Behind the Triangle and Triad. Pretty pitiful for the capital of the Carolinas.

One more time just in case you missed it. CMC brings money and UNC brings knowledge and expertise. Both will benefit. Charlotte might end up with a (A) rated hospital one day,maybe Uptown lol.We can only hope.

Why is it when one of the great state of Charlottes deficiencies is exposed. You guys go nuts. It's ok to post pics of Uptown all day. When the discussion moves to something Charlotte is weak on,all bets are off. Charlotte is a great city/metro. But it has some important weaknesses.

Crime,bad
Public schools,bad
Traffic,absolutely terrible
Not so great hospitals

All things adults would find important.

All true criticisms btw.
I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else cause I don't post pics,links, best of list or any other chamber of commerce talking points. CMC is consistently ranked among the top 5 hospitals in the state but you get all jacked up over one ranking that didn't do so well in, one that has them ranked higher than Wake Forest Baptist, so I guess they suck using your line of reasoning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.