U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 09:28 AM

464 posts, read 409,077 times

Advertisements

The conversation has gotten interesting again I see

Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,543,856 times
Fastest-Growing Cities in the U.S.

https://wallethub.com/edu/fastest-gr...ies/7010/#city

Old 12-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Market 42 video
[vimeo]154201989[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/154201989

Picture of Market 42
https://s3.amazonaws.com/up-bucket-0...4b6a5457c6.png

Old 12-11-2017, 07:38 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Amenities? Wait is Uptown Charlotte a hotel? Where's my free bottle of water? I never have enough towels!

Charlotte has a lot of corporate appeal-the Epicenter for example. Why is Raleigh getting an Alamo Drafthouse and not Charlotte? It's almost like these corporate heads just flip a coin sometimes. That reflects bad on Charlotte a little more, me'thinks.

Isn't always kind of odd all these culture magazines and websites always tend to skip the Charlotte area often when they focus on the South? It's always Atlanta, Nashville, Austin, Charleston, Savannah, Asheville, sometimes around the Triangle, or some run-down fish shack in the middle of nowhere Mississippi or some brewery in freaking Morgantown, NC of all places. Apparently, moderately large office buildings and condos--really close together--don't generate culture.

Hell, Eater's The South's 38 Essential Restaurants features 7--7 North Carolina restaurants you must try when you visit the South. Not a single one in Charlotte but the Triangle gets 3 of them? I mean, Georgia's section gets Atlanta featured 3 times. Come on!

Even Southern Living's 100 Best Restaurants in the South totally skips over Charlotte but poor old Raleigh with it's little towers is raking it yet again. I get it, Southern Living feels bad about Raleigh's lack of office space and giving us a pass. I'm on to you, Southern Living!

Raleigh doesn't want to be compared to Charlotte, we don't really think about Charlotte at all most of the time--I even forget Charlotte is in the same state and I lived in Charlotte for over 10 years!

I have to conceded. Nashville is moving towards a better future than Raleigh at the moment and that's what really pisses me off.

I hope people aren't really getting worked up from this silly thread, tho. I'm just a salt and spice vendor and Charlotte crew is buying.
I live in Durham and more fond of the RDU area. I work downtown Raleigh and only providing my non-biased opinion of having recently worked downtown Charlotte and Raleigh. The two downtowns aren't even comparable. You keep posting those rankings though, it won't make a difference to me. I guess we have better burgers and slighter better tacos than Charlotte...lol. There's plenty of great food in Charlotte and the Triangle.

The "big" city feel isn't what Raleigh is after, it's obvious, that's fine. Culture? Both have culture and not all the different, Charlotte is just focused on becoming a large city...Attown/epi/"next name"....get back on those meds! Your over use of the emoticons are a dead give away. You can't change the usernames and use the same silly lingo/style....be a bit more creative.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:11 PM

182 posts, read 100,722 times
Hear that epicene101, it's a conspiracy!

Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I live in Durham and more fond of the RDU area. I work downtown Raleigh and only providing my non-biased opinion of having recently worked downtown Charlotte and Raleigh. The two downtowns aren't even comparable. You keep posting those rankings though, it won't make a difference to me. I guess we have better burgers and slighter better tacos than Charlotte...lol. There's plenty of great food in Charlotte and the Triangle.

The "big" city feel isn't what Raleigh is after, it's obvious, that's fine. Culture? Both have culture and not all the different, Charlotte is just focused on becoming a large city...Attown/epi/"next name"....get back on those meds! Your over use of the emoticons are a dead give away. You can't change the usernames and use the same silly lingo/style....be a bit more creative.
Lol! Youíre quite the character. Iím going to leave it there. Again, Iím not Atowwn, but get in where you can fit in boo.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Hear that epicene101, it's a conspiracy!
Ok babe! Itís always like that with them. Thatís why I donít take anything they say seriously.

They just wonít let Raleigh be great lol.

Charlotte Crew: a bitter bunch indeed.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:23 AM

2,026 posts, read 2,040,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

More foolish conspiracy theories. Please continue to make a fool of yourself. By all means,it's quite entertaining

Now I remember why I started calling you big AH. It fits your personality so well lol

Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM

When is the Dillon going to open? Looks like it nearly finished.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Tryon Place under construction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina