U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 AM
 
182 posts, read 100,722 times
Reputation: 177

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Panthers and Hurricanes being sold at almost the same time is kind of crazy. Happy it sounds like both will be staying in NC. Dundon seems like he's ready to do a lot of good for the Hurricanes.
Except he's committed to the PNC arena--which hurts the Canes. He needs to get with Malik and help build a Downtown Raleigh sports complex. The Cargill plant is being torn down right now and BRT system will be built that way it's perfect location a new stadium or two.

 
Old 01-15-2018, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
917 posts, read 486,733 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Except he's committed to the PNC arena--which hurts the Canes. He needs to get with Malik and help build a Downtown Raleigh sports complex. The Cargill plant is being torn down right now and BRT system will be built that way it's perfect location a new stadium or two.
Thats the dream right there.
 
Old 01-15-2018, 03:27 PM
 
550 posts, read 305,007 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Except he's committed to the PNC arena--which hurts the Canes. He needs to get with Malik and help build a Downtown Raleigh sports complex. The Cargill plant is being torn down right now and BRT system will be built that way it's perfect location a new stadium or two.
This guy seems to be sharp and progressive minded. I'm sure that he's on the lookout for new opportunities that will increase the value of his investment so your idea may not be so far off.
 
Old 01-17-2018, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,837 posts, read 2,543,856 times
Reputation: 493
The main tenant, a “golf-related outdoor entertainment” facility, has long been rumored to be Topgolf, which opened its first Charlotte facility last year in Steele Creek. The developers, Arden Group and Cambridge Properties, haven’t confirmed the tenant’s identity, though site plans show what appears to be a Topgolf venue.


“This proposed entertainment district will create a dynamic destination and attraction for University City,” said council member Greg Phipps, who represents the area. He said Tuesday that the site will be occupied by Topgolf. City Council approved the development unanimously.


he new site is currently vacant, and it’s near the University City light rail station, opening this year. The developers have said a shuttle service would connect the Topgolf location to the station a bit more than a quarter mile away.


Second Topgolf approved in new Charlotte entertainment district - CharlotteFive
 
Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 AM
DPK
 
3,525 posts, read 3,812,543 times
Reputation: 4226
Charlotte got cut from the Amazon HQ2 bids this morning, Raleigh's still in the top 20 for it:
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/18/am...its-second-hq/
 
Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM
 
8,644 posts, read 4,660,272 times
Reputation: 2007
Hi, digging through this thread to find some answers. Have a few questions and hoping to be able to get some answers. Wife and I are looking at a move to North Carolina.

Have some job applications out to these 2 cities mentioned. With that said wife and I are trying to decide where to relocate to. We like what we read up on about*Raleigh. Like how inexpensive rent is and what you can obtain for rent. Decent school options; about 10 nursing programs the wife and I looked at. Also the food, history, walkability, and shopping opitions are very cool.

We both are in health care and you have 3 great Hospitals right in the Triangle Area.

With all that said with Charlotte does offer some pluses for us. In regards to schools the programs we researched offer more flexibility then the ones in the Triangle. Also for my line of work there is more opportunities available in Charlotte then the Triangle. However, with Charlotte outside of Uptown doesn't feel it's a walkable City; could be wrong though. Farther away from the beaches. Limited access for family to come visit; family only uses the Amtrak line. Rents do seem to be slightly more in Charlotte. It still offers a lot the Queen City. Has a great healthcare system. Offers lots of activities to keep one self busy. Great outdoor opitions and parks. Close to a lot of amenities.

Looking for more feedback on the Charlotte life? Appreciate it!
 
Old 01-18-2018, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Raleigh N.C
2,026 posts, read 2,040,250 times
Reputation: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Charlotte got cut from the Amazon HQ2 bids this morning, Raleigh's still in the top 20 for it:
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/18/am...its-second-hq/
That's impossible.

Charlotte got cut,no way 😂😂😂

It looks like all of the best of lists are finally paying off

Last edited by Atowwn; 01-18-2018 at 08:22 AM..
 
Old 01-18-2018, 08:09 AM
 
Location: South Beach and DT Raleigh
11,810 posts, read 18,725,231 times
Reputation: 11120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, digging through this thread to find some answers. Have a few questions and hoping to be able to get some answers. Wife and I are looking at a move to North Carolina.

Have some job applications out to these 2 cities mentioned. With that said wife and I are trying to decide where to relocate to. We like what we read up on about*Raleigh. Like how inexpensive rent is and what you can obtain for rent. Decent school options; about 10 nursing programs the wife and I looked at. Also the food, history, walkability, and shopping opitions are very cool.

We both are in health care and you have 3 great Hospitals right in the Triangle Area.

With all that said with Charlotte does offer some pluses for us. In regards to schools the programs we researched offer more flexibility then the ones in the Triangle. Also for my line of work there is more opportunities available in Charlotte then the Triangle. However, with Charlotte outside of Uptown doesn't feel it's a walkable City; could be wrong though. Farther away from the beaches. Limited access for family to come visit; family only uses the Amtrak line. Rents do seem to be slightly more in Charlotte. It still offers a lot the Queen City. Has a great healthcare system. Offers lots of activities to keep one self busy. Great outdoor opitions and parks. Close to a lot of amenities.

Looking for more feedback on the Charlotte life? Appreciate it!
You might want to take your questions directly to the Charlotte forum. This thread has turned into just a pissing match.
I'd also suggest that you actually visit both places to see for yourself.
 
Old 01-18-2018, 08:19 AM
 
8,644 posts, read 4,660,272 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
You might want to take your questions directly to the Charlotte forum. This thread has turned into just a pissing match.
I'd also suggest that you actually visit both places to see for yourself.
Will do and planning out a trip for July already.
 
Old 01-18-2018, 08:33 AM
DPK
 
3,525 posts, read 3,812,543 times
Reputation: 4226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
You might want to take your questions directly to the Charlotte forum. This thread has turned into just a pissing match.
Was bound to happen when a thread title has "vs" in the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top