U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2018, 02:28 PM
 
6,270 posts, read 9,993,341 times
Reputation: 4723

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Raleigh will be celebrating its 8th anniversary of landing Amazon's HQ2!
You mean Durham because we already know it's going to RTP...

 
Old 01-24-2018, 02:00 AM
 
Location: Carrboro, NC
1,460 posts, read 1,437,394 times
Reputation: 1878
I half expect Amazon's inevitable rejection letter for the Triangle to mention HB2 and the political volatility of the state scaring away employees or customers.
 
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 AM
 
550 posts, read 305,007 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
I half expect Amazon's inevitable rejection letter for the Triangle to mention HB2 and the political volatility of the state scaring away employees or customers.
Wrong again. LOL

If this were truly an issue, Raleigh would have never made the list of 20 in the first place.
 
Old 01-24-2018, 07:36 AM
 
1,453 posts, read 993,629 times
Reputation: 1669
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...ml#g/427910/21

Just for fun, Millionaire tax filers in North Carolina:

5 counties in Charlotte area home to 1.8M people:
Mecklenburg: 2,234 (average income per filer of $3,317,054)
Union: 319
Iredell: 260
Cabarrus: 87
Gaston: 77
TOTAL: 2,977

5 counties in Triangle area home to 1.7M people:
Wake: 1,368 (average income per filer of $2,726,445)
Orange: 281
Durham: 212
Chatham: 103
Johnston: 67
TOTAL: 2,031

3 counties in the Triad home to 1M people:
Guilford: 571
Forsyth: 388
Alamance: 63
TOTAL: 1,022
 
Old 01-24-2018, 07:38 AM
 
29,710 posts, read 27,133,604 times
Reputation: 18245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...ml#g/427910/21

Just for fun, Millionaire tax filers in North Carolina:

5 counties in Charlotte area home to 1.8M people:
Mecklenburg: 2,234 (average income per filer of $3,317,054)
Union: 319
Iredell: 260
Cabarrus: 87
Gaston: 77
TOTAL: 2,977
Wish I could find that info for York and Lancaster counties.
 
Old 01-24-2018, 07:50 AM
 
183 posts, read 100,722 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...ml#g/427910/21

Just for fun, Millionaire tax filers in North Carolina:

5 counties in Charlotte area home to 1.8M people:
Mecklenburg: 2,234 (average income per filer of $3,317,054)
Union: 319
Iredell: 260
Cabarrus: 87
Gaston: 77
TOTAL: 2,977

5 counties in Triangle area home to 1.7M people:
Wake: 1,368 (average income per filer of $2,726,445)
Orange: 281
Durham: 212
Chatham: 103
Johnston: 67
TOTAL: 2,031

3 counties in the Triad home to 1M people:
Guilford: 571
Forsyth: 388
Alamance: 63
TOTAL: 1,022
I expected it to be higher for corporate bank city of Charlotte but it did just lose another bank HQ recently leaving only BOA HQ'ed there and I'm going to assume all the high pay/high risk managers are probably close to their vice--Wall Street.
 
Old 01-24-2018, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
3,744 posts, read 3,263,751 times
Reputation: 2645
Are you guys still going on?



Too many people are too ignorant on the other area to be meaningful.


For example pointing to Charlotte losing New Dominion somehow pointing to a waning financial sector. Finance is booming in Charlotte. Hence a new BofA tower, most likely another new BofA tower, new Wells Fargo towers, new Ally Financial tower, US Bank increasing space and rumored to be an anchor for another tower. Dimensional Funds new tower, Babson Financial tower.


And what difference does it make which has more millionaires?
 
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 AM
 
183 posts, read 100,722 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Are you guys still going on?



Too many people are too ignorant on the other area to be meaningful.


For example pointing to Charlotte losing New Dominion somehow pointing to a waning financial sector. Finance is booming in Charlotte. Hence a new BofA tower, most likely another new BofA tower, new Wells Fargo towers, new Ally Financial tower, US Bank increasing space and rumored to be an anchor for another tower. Dimensional Funds new tower, Babson Financial tower.


And what difference does it make which has more millionaires?

I never said any of that--just surprised but I knew I would snare urban/485. Haha.
 
Old 01-24-2018, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,837 posts, read 2,543,856 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Raleigh will be celebrating its 8th anniversary of landing Amazon's HQ2!
Good luck
 
Old 01-24-2018, 08:22 AM
 
29,710 posts, read 27,133,604 times
Reputation: 18245
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Wrong again. LOL

If this were truly an issue, Raleigh would have never made the list of 20 in the first place.
True but they could cite that as the reason they didn't pick Raleigh if indeed they don't, just like they told Charlotte they excluded it because it didn't have enough tech talent when a couple of cities that made the cut have even less. Toyota-Mazda told NC it didn't land the new plant because of the lack of a supplier network when it knew NC lacked that the entire time.

This whole thing is weird and I honestly wish Amazon wouldn't have made this whole thing the spectacle that it is. But on the other hand, it does provide some transparency into the whole corporate selection process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top