U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 02:21 PM

29,525 posts, read 26,997,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Your desperation is quite scary. If Pittsburgh or Portland were the largest areas in NC, this thread would've quickly become irrelevant. Charlotte isn't what you think it is. Charlotte is good at being Charlotte, however continuously bolstering the city to something that it's not looks bumpkin at best.
Pittsburgh and Portland are Charlotte's peers. Of course they do some things better than Charlotte as they have been bigger cities for longer (transit for Portland, higher ed for Pittsburgh), but overall they are in the same tier and the fact that Charlotte has caught up, being the new kid on the block, is saying something. That's simply a fact and isn't "bolstering the city to something it's not." The same holds true for Raleigh and its legacy peers (Richmond, Louisville, etc.).

And you and this "country bumpkin" thing...please stop. It's beyond overkill at this point.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM

2,822 posts, read 2,529,659 times
When you look at cities near the size of Charlotte, I compare each other On transportation, fortune 5 companies, finance
energy, education, population, pro sports.

I find all these cites has something Charlotte does not have, and Charlotte have some things they do not have.

The same goes for Raleigh and Charlotte.
Nothing is going to change about NC State over UNCE Charlotte for now.
RDU is not on the same level as CLT

You can still make up a list of have and have not's for Raleigh & Charlotte. When you are done, does that change anything?
There are some who will vote for Charlotte and some for Raleigh.

The question is DO YOU LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE?

Old 02-07-2018, 02:29 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,298,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Pittsburgh and Portland are Charlotte's peers. Of course they do some things better than Charlotte as they have been bigger cities for longer (transit for Portland, higher ed for Pittsburgh), but overall they are in the same tier and the fact that Charlotte has caught up, being the new kid on the block, is saying something. That's simply a fact and isn't "bolstering the city to something it's not." The same holds true for Raleigh and its legacy peers (Richmond, Louisville, etc.).

And you and this "country bumpkin" thing...please stop. It's beyond overkill at this point.
Keep on believing that ok. Charlotte and Raleigh combined are both two bit towns compared to those places. Stop it. You're making NC look bad. NC just happens to have several small cities within it's borders. There aren't any real major cities in North Carolina. The two closest are D.C. and Atlanta.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:44 PM

3,705 posts, read 3,239,840 times
Quote:
Your desperation is quite scary. If Pittsburgh or Portland were the largest areas in NC, this thread would've quickly become irrelevant. Charlotte isn't what you think it is. Charlotte is good at being Charlotte, however continuously bolstering the city to something that it's not looks bumpkin at best.

Wtf are you talking about?

You said Raleigh-Durham is larger than most midsize metros besides Charlotte. Starting from Tampa down to Nashville are in order the largest metros... I specifically went down to Nashville because I think highly of Nashville and RDU was above it, so.

- Tampa: 3 million (18th largest Metro)
- Denver: 2.9
- St. Louis: 2.8
- Baltimore: 2.8
- Charlotte: 2.5
- Orlando: 2.4
- San Antonio: 2.4
- Portland: 2.4
- Pittsburgh: 2.3
- Sacramento
- Cincinnati
- Las Vegas
- Kansas City
- Austin
- Cleveland
- Columbus
- Indianapolis
- San Jose
- Raleigh+Durham (#36 Metros Raleigh & Durham combined)
- Nashville

I simply pointed out you were wrong. That “besides Charlotte, Raleigh+Durham is the largest midsize Metro” . You were way off. You made the assertion. And you’re having meltdowns because Charlotte metro is slightly larger than Pittsburg & Portland metro areas.... Which im not sure why those two cities stuck out to you over the others, but...

Old 02-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Wtf are you talking about?

You said Raleigh-Durham is larger than most midsize metros besides Charlotte. Starting from Tampa down to Nashville are in order the largest metros... I specifically went down to Nashville because I think highly of Nashville and RDU was above it, so.

- Tampa: 3 million (18th largest Metro)
- Denver: 2.9
- St. Louis: 2.8
- Baltimore: 2.8
- Charlotte: 2.5
- Orlando: 2.4
- San Antonio: 2.4
- Portland: 2.4
- Pittsburgh: 2.3
- Sacramento
- Cincinnati
- Las Vegas
- Kansas City
- Austin
- Cleveland
- Columbus
- Indianapolis
- San Jose
- Raleigh+Durham (#36 Metros Raleigh & Durham combined)
- Nashville

I simply pointed out you were wrong. That “besides Charlotte, Raleigh+Durham is the largest midsize Metro” . You were way off. You made the assertion. And you’re having meltdowns because Charlotte metro is slightly larger than Pittsburg & Portland metro areas.... Which im not sure why those two cities stuck out to you over the others, but...
Actually you chose to name numerous cities to deflect from the fact RDU and Metrolina are of both comparable size. If you want to move to a BIG city then do so. Unless you're from a small town, Charlotte isn't the BIG city at all. It just isn't. Neither is Raleigh. So pretending they are, looks quite bumpkinish. Like I said, Nascar, Carowinds, and Billy Graham are what give Charlotte the character it deserves... Be proud of your city. I am.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:41 PM

21,793 posts, read 27,055,545 times
Quote:
Yeehaw!!!
Really, this post should embarrass you, unless you're in 7th grade.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:41 PM

3,705 posts, read 3,239,840 times
Quote:
Actually you chose to name numerous cities to deflect from the fact RDU and Metrolina are of both comparable size. If you want to move to a BIG city then do so. Unless you're from a small town, Charlotte isn't the BIG city at all. It just isn't. Neither is Raleigh. So pretending they are, looks quite bumpkinish. Like I said, Nascar, Carowinds, and Billy Graham are what give Charlotte the character it deserves... Be proud of your city. I am.

I chose midsize cities because you claimed besides Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham was technically the largest midsize cities. Which is totally off, btw.

So I just listed the biggest midsize cities from Tampa to Nashville...

The cities above Tampa get into Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, Minneapolis, Seattle, DC territory. IE,
Not midsize.

You were completely wrong on asserting Raleigh+Durham is one of the larger midsize metros. It’s not. I mean. Unless your clarify what you meant.

And because you were beyond wrong. You’re having a meltdown claiming “Charlottes doing everything it can to look big!” Um..... kinda seems like you are

Old 02-07-2018, 04:06 PM

550 posts, read 303,182 times
And while some of you guys in this thread keep touting Charlotte's greatness, behind the scenes this is going on:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...disparity.html

All of those pristine photos show one image of Charlotte, but socioeconomic facts paint a very different picture.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:12 PM

2,822 posts, read 2,529,659 times
US Cities Populations 2018
Charlotte has moved up to the 16th largest city in USA.
Raleigh at 41 largest city in USA

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/

Old 02-07-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
And while some of you guys in this thread keep touting Charlotte's greatness, behind the scenes this is going on:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...disparity.html

All of those pristine photos show one image of Charlotte, but socioeconomic facts paint a very different picture.

Interesting. It's hard for me to believe how RDU is doing much better actually. The bar has been set scarily low for American citizens. Black people don't have much of a voice in either city unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina