U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 08:01 PM

3,753 posts, read 3,269,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Charlotte is one of the top-ranked premier 21st-century business centers in the northern hemisphere. Charlotte has become a major U.S. financial center with the third most banking assets after New York City and San Francisco. Where's L.A.? Los Angeles may have some dealings in after-school theatre, but Charlotte is an international financial powerhouse! Charlotte has six Fortune 500 companies in its metropolitan area. Listed in order of their rank, they are: Bank of America, Lowe's in suburban Mooresville, Duke Energy, Nucor (steel producer), Sonic Automotive and Sealed Air Corp. Charlotte's business growth has consistently outranked Los Angeles per capita than most cities in North and South America.

I believe the era of legacy cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco have reached their peak, Metrolina will be the pivotal force that will shoot us into the ages to come.

Why are you so adverse to having any non-snarky comments, Seriously? There’s not a single post you have that isn’t anything less than combatative all the time. Me mentioning metro LA being bigger than all of NC with around 3 Million to spare makes you have a meltdown acting like I think CLT is the end all, be all.

It’s always irrational meltdowns. For zero reason. Do you have anything to add to any conversation that isn’t an unnecessary meltdown?

Metro LA is also more populated than all of GA. To me, that’s interesting perspective. To you, that is somehow distorted to me thinking Charlotte is superior. It’s going to be so odd if I nail my 3rd interview with a company where I will be based in either DC, NYC, LA or Chicago and still act as if my world is only limited to Charlotte. I’ve been to many cities. All over Brazil, the US, Madrid, Paris and Lisbon. I know where Charlotte fits in in the world...

You constantly mock Charlotte for being a midsize metro. And not being as big as other metros and cities. But you do realize, Raleigh is smaller? I’m not saying bigger is better. I hate NYC. I think it’s dirty and over commercialized and tacky. DC is much cleaner. Beautiful. In my opinion, DC is by far better than NYC. Of course, many may disagree.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:09 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,546,291 times
I am just proud of our large cities in North Carolina and how they are growing.
I do not think many outside Charlotte, knows what out economy is made of.
The same can all so go for the other metros in NC.

International Businesses in the Charlotte Region
https://charlottechamber.com/interna...rlotte-region/

Old 02-22-2018, 08:42 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,303,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Why are you so adverse to having any non-snarky comments, Seriously? Thereís not a single post you have that isnít anything less than combatative all the time. Me mentioning metro LA being bigger than all of NC with around 3 Million to spare makes you have a meltdown acting like I think CLT is the end all, be all.

Itís always irrational meltdowns. For zero reason. Do you have anything to add to any conversation that isnít an unnecessary meltdown?

Metro LA is also more populated than all of GA. To me, thatís interesting perspective. To you, that is somehow distorted to me thinking Charlotte is superior. Itís going to be so odd if I nail my 3rd interview with a company where I will be based in either DC, NYC, LA or Chicago and still act as if my world is only limited to Charlotte. Iíve been to many cities. All over Brazil, the US, Madrid, Paris and Lisbon. I know where Charlotte fits in in the world...

You constantly mock Charlotte for being a midsize metro. And not being as big as other metros and cities. But you do realize, Raleigh is smaller? Iím not saying bigger is better. I hate NYC. I think itís dirty and over commercialized and tacky. DC is much cleaner. Beautiful. In my opinion, DC is by far better than NYC. Of course, many may disagree.

Why do you find my comments snarky or adverse? I find it combative when comments are posted that sale Charlotte's tenure short of what it rightfully deserves. Posting southern California's entire population stats against Metrolina isn't fair. I'm quite sure there is a more sensible metric to use... Los Angeles may have the fancy Hollyweird nonsense and gang issues, but Charlotte doesn't suffer from that whatsoever. The only meltdown I've witnessed in Los Angeles is COL and livability, so let's be real.

Raleigh may be smaller, but Charlotte has the sixth busiest airport in both the U.S. and the world overall as measured by traffic. Charlotte had a total passenger traffic of 45,909,899.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:37 PM

922 posts, read 489,747 times
Quote:
Why do you find my comments snarky or adverse? I find it combative when comments are posted that sale Charlotte's tenure short of what it rightfully deserves. Posting southern California's entire population stats against Metrolina isn't fair. I'm quite sure there is a more sensible metric to use... Los Angeles may have the fancy Hollyweird nonsense and gang issues, but Charlotte doesn't suffer from that whatsoever. The only meltdown I've witnessed in Los Angeles is COL and livability, so let's be real.

Raleigh may be smaller, but Charlotte has the sixth busiest airport in both the U.S. and the world overall as measured by traffic. Charlotte had a total passenger traffic of 45,909,899.
Im actually genuinely curious on where that comes from? Iíve heard it a few times now from different posters and just assumed I missed a statistic somewhere, but I thought Charlotte was like 31st in the world for total passenger traffic? And like 11th in the US? I think for the US itís up to 9 now or something but thatís a far cry from 6th in the world. Not that thatís a diss lol still very impressive.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:19 AM

6,270 posts, read 9,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Im actually genuinely curious on where that comes from? I’ve heard it a few times now from different posters and just assumed I missed a statistic somewhere, but I thought Charlotte was like 31st in the world for total passenger traffic? And like 11th in the US? I think for the US it’s up to 9 now or something but that’s a far cry from 6th in the world. Not that that’s a diss lol still very impressive.
It's a measure of take offs and landings; CLT has more plane traffic than most airports. However, the passenger count is slightly less impressive than the plane count. A lot of this is due to the fact that CLT gets a large number of smaller planes.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
It's a measure of take offs and landings; CLT has more plane traffic than most airports. However, the passenger count is slightly less impressive than the plane count. A lot of this is due to the fact that CLT gets a large number of smaller planes.
Thank you urbancharlotte. Charlotte Douglas Internationalís newest concourse opens this summer, travelers will see a different kind of airport, one with more technology Ė and space Ė than theyíve been used to at the airport. Charlotte Douglas Internationalís newest concourse opens this summer. Passenger skybridges and pedestrian tunnels will be constructed to ease passenger movement and roadways will be moved further north of the terminal to support the future expansion of the terminal lobby. Most carriers other than American Airlines Ė the dominant airline at Charlotte Douglas Ė will move their operations to the new gates, including United, Southwest, JetBlue, Frontier and Air Canada. When Concourse A North opens, Charlotte Douglas will have a total of 111 gates. I seriously doubt Los Angeles has anything in it's plans to contruct such a massive expansion soon... Los Angeles was a major catalyst for U.S. development in the 20th century, but Charlotte is the top contender for international progress for the 21st. Metrolina is the quintessential example of municipal success that should be studied and mirrored around the world.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:26 AM

3,753 posts, read 3,269,449 times
Quote:
Thank you urbancharlotte. Charlotte Douglas Internationalís newest concourse opens this summer, travelers will see a different kind of airport, one with more technology Ė and space Ė than theyíve been used to at the airport. Charlotte Douglas Internationalís newest concourse opens this summer. Passenger skybridges and pedestrian tunnels will be constructed to ease passenger movement and roadways will be moved further north of the terminal to support the future expansion of the terminal lobby. Most carriers other than American Airlines Ė the dominant airline at Charlotte Douglas Ė will move their operations to the new gates, including United, Southwest, JetBlue, Frontier and Air Canada. When Concourse A North opens, Charlotte Douglas will have a total of 111 gates. I seriously doubt Los Angeles has anything in it's plans to contruct such a massive expansion soon... Los Angeles was a major catalyst for U.S. development in the 20th century, but Charlotte is the top contender for international progress for the 21st. Metrolina is the quintessential example of municipal success that should be studied and mirrored around the world.

Again. Do you ever have a response that isnít a meltdown?

Old 02-23-2018, 07:30 AM

922 posts, read 489,747 times
Quote:
I must be missing something.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Again. Do you ever have a response that isnít a meltdown?
Factual information should never bother you. Charlotte has a multi-billion dollar expansion that has taken place at CLT has it not? I think you underestimated the stature of the "Queen City." Are you a municipal subject (citizen) of the crown? Judging from many of your posts, the greatness of Metrolina has yet to be discovered by yourself. In my studies, Los Angeles doesn't come close to Charlotte's total banking assets.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:38 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,546,291 times
Most people out side of NC and SC do not know much about Charlotte or Raleigh. Some people thinks that Charlotte is in SC. This because 50 to 60 years ago Charlotte & Raleigh were small cities.

If you do not read Forbes and other publish materials about the growth in cities in North Carolina, you would not know about Charlotte's and Raleigh 's growth. We are just being to get some respect for our growth but we are still an unknown in the USA.

We get a lot of the people from the Northeast and North central states moving here, and it could be from being recommended by a friend or family.

We should not look at how big we have grown, but how good we have grown. I think both Charlotte and Raleigh has missed out on how good we have grown in some areas.

I would say a lot of people now know were Charlotte is by their airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina