U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 10:22 AM

481 posts, read 246,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Your obsession over Charlotte is crazy. FYI. Raleigh, Atlanta, Charlotte.... all birds of a feather. Atlanta, Raleigh nor any other southern city will be a Washington DC in culture, stature nor urbanity. At least CLT’s center city reflects a metro of 2 million. Same can’t be said for ATL or Raleigh. It’s odd ATL is a little smaller than DC yet is peanuts compared to DC. A giant suburb and not a real city like DC (despite DC itself having numerous suburbs.) ATL, the Capitol of the Deep South. People visit from all over the world to visit DC. People come from all over Alabama to visit ATL. And let’s not even compare MARTA to metro... lol

You live in ATL now. Why not focus on more ways to grow tourism from AL, LA, SC, TN and improving dumpy ATL and trashy MARTA instead of worrying about Charlottes light rail canopies (which is MuCh nice than MARTA FYI)
Total BS... I mean really? Charlotte reflects a metro of 2 million but Atlanta does not? Come on now? Do you know how lame you sound? Charlotte wishes it could be a fraction of what Atlanta is. Please stop.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:26 AM

3,742 posts, read 3,263,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Total BS... I mean really? Charlotte reflects a metro of 2 million but Atlanta does not? Come on now? Do you know how lame you sound? Charlotte wishes it could be a fraction of what Atlanta is. Please stop.
Atlanta isn’t a metro of 2 million. It doesn’t seem close to the size of Philadelphia or Washington DC, for example.

If CLT was a fraction of ATL, these RDU posters would go nuts saying how bland Buckhead is and have a field day with growth rate numbers, crime numbers and crow how RDU is soooo far ahead of ATL on list after list of “best places to live.”

Charlotte wishes it was ATL. ATL wishes it wasn’t a faux city compared to DC.

PS: I really hope the ATL streetcar starts to carry more than a few dozen passengers a day. People are pointing to that disaster as a way to attack the CLT streetcar expansions. Never mind the success in some other cities

But go on. Let us know how big and sophisticated Buckhead is to Charlotte & Raleigh. But let the comparisons end there. Let’s not mention other big boy cities that make Buckhead, the Capitol of the Deep South, not seem so superior.

Atlanta is irrelevant to this thread anyway. I know I mentioned MARTA was a dump. But that’s only because an ATL poster mentioned the Lynx canopies were tacky. As opposed to the garbage fire that is MARTA. Crackhead version of the Metro in DC.

Hopefully American won’t be punished like Delta might be for not offering discounts to th NRA.

All 3 have lower density numbers with ATL being disproportionality lower density consider the size of its metro.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 02-27-2018 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: Of

Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 AM

481 posts, read 246,966 times
Quote:
Atlanta isn’t a metro of 2 million. It doesn’t seem close to the size of Philadelphia or Washington DC, for example.

If CLT was a fraction of ATL, these RDU posters would go nuts saying how bland Buckhead is and have a field day with growth rate numbers, crime numbers and crow how RDU is soooo far ahead of ATL on list after list of “best places to live.”

Charlotte wishes it was ATL. ATL wishes it wasn’t a faux city compared to DC.

PS: I really hope the ATL streetcar starts to carry more than a few dozen passengers a day. People are pointing to that disaster as a way to attack the CLT streetcar expansions. Never mind the success in some other cities

But go on. Let us know how big and sophisticated Buckhead is to Charlotte & Raleigh. But let the comparisons end there. Let’s not mention other big boy cities that make Buckhead, the Capitol of the Deep South, not seem so superior.

Atlanta is irrelevant to this thread anyway. I know I mentioned MARTA was a dump. But that’s only because an ATL poster mentioned the Lynx canopies were tacky. As opposed to the garbage fire that is MARTA. Crackhead version of the Metro in DC.

Hopefully American won’t be punished like Delta might be for not offering discounts to th NRA.

All 3 have lower density numbers with ATL being disproportionality lower density consider the size of its metro.
You were the one that brought Atlanta into this, I was just chiming in on that really short sighted post you left. I am not going to compare Atlanta to Charlotte because there is no point but just like there is no point in comparing DC to Atlanta because while they have some similarities, they are set up differently. But to say ATL is a fake city compared to DC is not necessary because no matter how you slice it, Atlanta FEELS likes a metro of 6+ million and DC FEELS like a metro of 6+ million as well.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
You were the one that brought Atlanta into this, I was just chiming in on that really short sighted post you left. I am not going to compare Atlanta to Charlotte because there is no point but just like there is no point in comparing DC to Atlanta because while they have some similarities, they are set up differently. But to say ATL is a fake city compared to DC is not necessary because no matter how you slice it, Atlanta FEELS likes a metro of 6+ million and DC FEELS like a metro of 6+ million as well.

It doesn’t to me The population density of ATL reflects about how big it feels to me.

Off topic. But I was being sorta exaggerated in response to a habitual exggerative poster from ATL who is obsessed with how much Spam eaters there are in CLT, that we hates the name “CATS” (Charlotte Areas Transportation System) for our transportation system. (Which btw I like the way CATS sounds better than CAT”

Old 02-27-2018, 12:26 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,543,856 times
From Wikipedia
By U.S. Census Bureau standards, the population of the Atlanta region spreads across a metropolitan area of 8,376 square miles (21,694 km– a land area comparable to that of Massachusetts.

The metro area forms the core of a broader trading area, the Atlanta–Athens-Clarke–Sandy Springs Combined Statistical Area. The Combined Statistical Area spans up to 39 counties in north Georgia and has an estimated 2016 population of 6,451,262 Atlanta is considered a "beta(+) world city." It is the third largest metropolitan region in the Census Bureau's Southeast region behind Greater Washington and South Florida.

The Charlotte–Concord–Gastonia Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is defined as seven counties in North Carolina and three counties in South Carolina. The population of the MSA was 2,474,314 according to 2016 Census estimates Charlotte is the 17th largest city and 22nd largest metro area in the United States. Charlotte is the 2nd largest city in the Southeast.
Think how big Charlotte metro would be with 39 counties. Atlanta has 29 more counties than Charlotte.

I hope Charlotte does not get the traffic problems that Atlanta has.

Last edited by CLT1985; 02-27-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 12:53 PM

921 posts, read 486,733 times
I would say Atlanta definitely feels "major." Its set up different and more sprawled then the majors in the NE or even its southern competition Miami (if you're someone that even considers Miami southern, i dont). But its big time nonetheless. Maybe big time more in comparison to like Philadelphia is though not like DC in which DC is one of the major cities in the world.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:36 PM

1,453 posts, read 993,629 times
"EY to add nearly 400 jobs, create wavespace innovation center in Charlotte"

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...bs-create.html

Old 02-27-2018, 02:33 PM

3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
It doesn’t to me The population density of ATL reflects about how big it feels to me.

Off topic. But I was being sorta exaggerated in response to a habitual exggerative poster from ATL who is obsessed with how much Spam eaters there are in CLT, that we hates the name “CATS” (Charlotte Areas Transportation System) for our transportation system. (Which btw I like the way CATS sounds better than CAT”
Atlanta is a major city, just Southern style. Both Charlotte and Atlanta feel about the right size for their population size, only Charlotte has always been taller (buildings) for it's metro size because of the banks.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Atlanta is a major city, just Southern style. Both Charlotte and Atlanta feel about the right size for their population size, only Charlotte has always been taller (buildings) for it's metro size because of the banks.
ATL and Houston and Dallas are pretty much inline with ATL build wise. population density. etc.

Speaking of CLT's buildings, they are quite nice

Old 02-27-2018, 03:55 PM

6,270 posts, read 9,993,341 times
With the additions of Legacy Union, Market 42, Grand Bohemian, and Intercontinental; I believe that this angle taken from Wesley Heights will become Charlotte's "money shot" soon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina