Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:57 AM

352 posts, read 550,573 times

Advertisements

If technology companies (that tend to be very tolerance, open minded, liberal or libertarian) start moving away from North Carolina because of regressive laws/politics, where do you think they'd likely go? What's another family friendly, fairly inexpensive city on the East Coast with similar attributes to Raleigh and Charlotte, but with a more progressive political atmosphere? The only thing I can come up with is Pittsburgh. Inexpensive, good quality of life, Carnegie Mellon is one of the most renowned computer science schools and acts as a magnet, tech companies are already starting to move there (Google, Facebook, Oculus Rift, etc). Can you think of any other cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:36 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASpaceMan View Post
The only thing I can come up with is Pittsburgh. .... Can you think of any other cities?
Pittsburgh is a good choice. Maybe also Wilmington/Newark Delaware.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
If technology companies (that tend to be very tolerance, open minded, liberal or libertarian) start moving away from North Carolina because of regressive laws/politics, where do you think they'd likely go? What's another family friendly, fairly inexpensive city on the East Coast with similar attributes to Raleigh and Charlotte, but with a more progressive political atmosphere? The only thing I can come up with is Pittsburgh. Inexpensive, good quality of life, Carnegie Mellon is one of the most renowned computer science schools and acts as a magnet, tech companies are already starting to move there (Google, Facebook, Oculus Rift, etc). Can you think of any other cities?
Philadelphia & Wilmington, DE

Old 04-09-2016, 11:16 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,319 times
Quote:
I think most "open minded" people see that both sides have equally valid concerns. Instead of rewriting the legislation to better satisfy both parties, I see nothing but political grandstanding and extortion brought on by the sleazy media.

Meanwhile, these "compassionate" tech companies are busy pushing for and infinite number of H1B visas, employing third world labor at slave wages, and violating environmental laws in other parts of the world. So, forgive me if I find their assertions disingenuous.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:39 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,102 times
Tampa and the Mayor has already extended an open invitation

Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 PM

678 posts, read 799,077 times
I for one would love for Charlotte to secede and become a part of SC. Silly I know but one can dream. We are no Trump lovers in columbia and charleston and you would fit in well with the two main progressive cities in SC.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:40 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
I for one would love for Charlotte to secede and become a part of SC. Silly I know but one can dream. We are no Trump lovers in columbia and charleston and you would fit in well with the two main progressive cities in SC.

Not happening if I had a say. I like the dogwood way more than the palmetto.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:43 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,442,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post

Seriously how can we go about doing this?

Old 04-11-2016, 12:18 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Seriously how can we go about doing this?
Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent - realtor.com®

Old 04-11-2016, 04:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
That may be beyond a real estate agent's capacity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina