Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Please read your posts on this topic on this board, especially the most recent one.
Are you thinking of this post? Because I have not said anyone is hateful for having any issue with Bill HB2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'm thrilled he's dead. Now if that religious shill, Franklin Graham would follow in his footsteps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 10:32 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,461,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Again, I have not said anyone is hateful for having issues with HB2. I have issues with both HB2 and the Ordinanance.

I am not a proponant of hatefulness, no matter from what side and no matter toward what side. I am a proponant of trying one's best to be civil, polite and to try to enlighten people and myself through meaningful discussion. This has been the case with the transgender topics in NC, including this one.

Regarding your search of any posts of mine in any other forums, this thread is not the proper place for comments about them, as I am sure you know after reading & agreeing to the T.O.S. when creating your account.

Please have a wonderful night.
You brought up the thread that you started on the political board in these theads. I said that I read random pages in that thread. I commented on the content of random posts made by random posters. I never made a comment about any post that you made on any other board.

I attempted to put you on my ignore list but it will not allow me to. I will not be responding again.

Last edited by southbound_295; 04-23-2016 at 10:50 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 PM

1,360 posts, read 997,338 times
Demonizing those with opposing viewpoints doesn't help support your own. In fact, spending your time tearing down and attacking the character of others only detracts from and redirects the debate. Something you wouldn't want to do if you had a clear grasp of the complexities of the issue and a solid argument for your position.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:06 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
No. Try your response to it where you bemoan the hateful young. Your mistake. He & I are over 60. We're boomers, you know the people who took to the streets protesing discrimination & the war in 'Nam.

I don't care what your view is, but you have only chastised people who are against HB2. I also looked at your thread on the politics board. I sampled a few pages that were full of right-wing rage & hate.

Actually, here is the quote again with my EXACT response to it......just to make sure there is no misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'm thrilled he's dead. Now if that religious shill, Franklin Graham would follow in his footsteps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
As much as I cringe at what some people's belief's are and I would have been the first person in line in NC to vote somebody out of office who had hatred toward gays, I cannot imagine being glad someone was dead or hoping somebody would die. I think a more civil approach would be to make sure the person did not hold office and then try to kindly educate people that we are all human beings and all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. If we are wishing people dead, then we are losing all credibility to be taken seriously to make the type of meaningful POSITIVE change which needs to happen.

Sending you as much positive energy as I can muster, my friend.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:47 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,152,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Why would anyone tolerate the denial of their liberty and rights? Thats a ridiculous concept.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Guess the political philosophy of the person who said that.
Wallace? Listen to clips of that guy now and hear how evil he sounds.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:12 AM

398 posts, read 494,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Wallace? Listen to clips of that guy now and hear how evil he sounds.
"Wallace" is a political philosophy? If you're guessing George Wallace said that, then no, he didn't. And you're missing my point entirely.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:50 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,152,764 times
Quote:
"Wallace" is a political philosophy? If you're guessing George Wallace said that, then no, he didn't. And you're missing my point entirely.
Quote:
It was Goldwater then. No need to be snippy, I follow your point precisely. When you shut your eyes, lower your head and start swinging wildly you're liable to take out folks in your own corner. If you're under the impression that I support HB2, in any form, you may be the one missing things "entirely"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina