Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 09:34 PM

605 posts, read 799,507 times

Advertisements

A second location is already planned for Atlanta. Isn't it time that NC got in on that action? So, Charlotte? Raleigh/Durham? Greensboro? What do you think?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 09:39 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,347,121 times
Don't expect a Shake Shack in North Carolina anytime soon

Even without the bathroom law, a Shake Shack in NC was already a long shot in the short term. Shake Shack is slowly expanding and choosing locations wisely. Give it time. That said, I could only see a Charlotte or Raleigh location.

I live in Raleigh and drive to DC 2-3 times a month just to eat at Shake Shack. I would love to see one in NC, but don't expect one until 2018 at the earliest...and probably not even then.

They typically announce locations 8-12 months out.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Even without the bathroom law, a Shake Shack in NC was already a long shot in the short term. Shake Shack is slowly expanding and choosing locations wisely. Give it time. That said, I could only see a Charlotte or Raleigh location.
Why, though? It would do so well here.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:11 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,347,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Why, though? It would do so well here.
They either A) Haven't considered a NC location yet/are still in the development phase of considering it or B) Haven't found a good location for it.

The one thing that would really jumpstart it is if a new high-end shopping center was being built in Charlotte/Raleigh and Shake Shack wanted in. That's what's going on with the Shack opening in Lexington, KY next year as well as Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:58 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,034,352 times
Quote:
Don't expect a Shake Shack in North Carolina anytime soon

I live in Raleigh and drive to DC 2-3 times a month just to eat at Shake Shack. I would love to see one in NC, but don't expect one until 2018 at the earliest...and probably not even then.

They typically announce locations 8-12 months out.
That is quite the devotion to a burger!

Old 04-25-2016, 05:36 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,862,502 times
So is this Shake Shack really that good? How does it compare to similar burger joints already in NC like Five Guys, BurgerFi, Burger21, etc

Old 04-25-2016, 06:35 AM

13,340 posts, read 26,824,109 times
I also had questions about what makes Shake Shack different from any other burger place like Five Guys. I notice that their web site says they have beer and wine. Is that an essential part of their franchise? How does that fit with being a child-friendly place?

Are they more of a sit-down restaurant or a fast-food place? Other than the alcohol, I see that they have "cage-free" chicken and non-GMO rolls. Are their hand-made shakes made with real ice cream? Is there anything else I am missing?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 AM

730 posts, read 767,897 times
Most of those places are trying to recreate the classic burger of nostalgia. Shake Shake is a modern day foodies interpretation/homage to that.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
They either A) Haven't considered a NC location yet/are still in the development phase of considering it or B) Haven't found a good location for it.

The one thing that would really jumpstart it is if a new high-end shopping center was being built in Charlotte/Raleigh and Shake Shack wanted in. That's what's going on with the Shack opening in Lexington, KY next year as well as Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Do you like Zinburger at Southpoint, PDF?

Old 04-25-2016, 02:03 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,863,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
So is this Shake Shack really that good? How does it compare to similar burger joints already in NC like Five Guys, BurgerFi, Burger21, etc
No, it's really not that good (imho). It's fine, by all means and the shakes are good. I still prefer 5 Guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina