U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,229,410 times

Advertisements

I just find it interesting that after all this debate we have had, for over a month now, the liberals were laughing at how the conservatives were all worried about the bathroom issue, that there were other things of HB2 that were the real issues. Yet when the federal government gives its response to this mess, what does it zero in on? The bathrooms. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 10:11 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,009,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I just find it interesting that after all this debate we have had, for over a month now, the liberals were laughing at how the conservatives were all worried about the bathroom issue, that there were other things of HB2 that were the real issues. Yet when the federal government gives its response to this mess, what does it zero in on? The bathrooms. LOL!
You find it interesting that your elected officials are running roughshod over their constituents? You don't find it "funny" that your GOP disguised all their other big-biz legislation in a so-called "bathroom bill"?

There is a party that deserves ridicule. It isn't the democrats.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I think a lot of people who are so vehemently opposed to transgender rights should take some time to research ambiguous genitialia, the rate of occurrence, how it has traditionally been addressed, and some of the challenges it presents.

You may find your opinion changes to some degree.
That's a very, rare condition and very few infants born with ambiguous genitalia are so ambiguous that a clear gender cannot be determined at birth. Does it happen? Of course it does. But, that doesn't make it common, nor is it always so severe that every one born with this issue has both parts into adulthood.

Again, it's not about being vehemently opposed to transgender rights, but moreover, explicitly granting bathroom choices to transsexuals who would pass as the gender they identify with. Most people are OK with that. They're not going to investigate the bearded man squatting in the stall. However, the corporal Klinger who shows up in a dress in the women's room IS going to get some attention. And yes, they would be covered under the transgender umbrella. So, then, do you accept him as a lady and allow him to do his business? After all, just because he wears a dress doesn't mean he's sexually attracted to men.

I would venture to say there are probably a lot more women who would be opposed to corporal Klinger being present in the bathroom with them than, say, Caitlyn Jenner. Most of you are arguing in terms of Caitlyn, not Klinger. I think the misconception is that when people say, "If you have the plumbing that matches the boys bathroom, that is the one you use, and ......" they have in mind the man dressed in a dress that cannot pass as a woman.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:31 AM

11,251 posts, read 19,777,911 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people who are so vehemently opposed to transgender rights should take some time to research ambiguous genitialia, the rate of occurrence, how it has traditionally been addressed, and some of the challenges it presents.

You may find your opinion changes to some degree.
Agreed. One source says that children with inter-sex conditions occur in from 1-of-1500 or 1-of-2000 births. That includes ambiguous genitalia and chromosome differences.

The obstetric nurse who said that all children are born either male or female did not have sufficient experience to justify her political position.

Additionally, some transgender people say that their experience of being in the wrong body is a form of birth defect. Their experience of gender is based on the anatomy of their brain, and there are some MRI findings that back them up. Male-to-female people have certain areas of the brain that more resemble genetic female brains.

On the whole, I am glad that DOJ has voiced an opinion on HB2. I just hope McCrory adopts a common-sense concession.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
You find it interesting that your elected officials are running roughshod over their constituents? You don't find it "funny" that your GOP disguised all their other big-biz legislation in a so-called "bathroom bill"?

There is a party that deserves ridicule. It isn't the democrats.
Ridicule all you want. It has no barring on my political opinions. I'm not a card carrying Republican. I have conservative values, yes. I'm not married to a political party like you are. I think I have well documented my thoughts on HB2, so you should be well aware on where I stand on it. If not, you may wish to re-read the other thread(s) for a quick summary.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:03 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,302,524 times
I always roll my eyes when people claim to not like either party but probably never voted anything but straight ticket republican.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:08 AM

4,011 posts, read 2,526,981 times
Call me crazy but I don't think the gov is going to do anything. He is going to act like the feds are wrong and stand by his decision

Old 05-05-2016, 11:11 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,302,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Call me crazy but I don't think the gov is going to do anything. He is going to act like the feds are wrong and stand by his decision
Did you not read the latest headlines? Moore said NC will not reach the deadline and the date will come and go. And that he hates ever having to turn away federal dollars

Old 05-05-2016, 11:16 AM

4,613 posts, read 3,029,008 times
https://mobile.twitter.com/RaleighRe...47615154847744

Old 05-05-2016, 11:31 AM

4,011 posts, read 2,526,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Did you not read the latest headlines? Moore said NC will not reach the deadline and the date will come and go. And that he hates ever having to turn away federal dollars

You have got to be sh___ing me.

What an idiot!

Wow......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or