Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 PM

17 posts, read 12,041 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the confusion here. I am proud of Governor Pat McCrory for taking a stand. We all need to look up to his example. I think the common sense bathroom law is essential in protecting everyone's privacy in the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 06:11 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan56 View Post
I don't understand the confusion here. I am proud of Governor Pat McCrory for taking a stand. We all need to look up to his example. I think the common sense bathroom law is essential in protecting everyone's privacy in the bathroom.
Taking a stand at the expense of transgender? That's not a stand, that's a sacrifice.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
If you're sooo... proud of the Governor, then I'm sure you'll be more than happy to supply a couple thousand dollars in increased property taxes to shore up the money your school system will be losing. What's that old saying? "Pride goeth before a fall".

Old 05-09-2016, 06:26 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Quote:
There's no confusion. I believe everyone posting here, whatever position they are taking, clearly understand what's happening with regard to HB2 and the reason for its existence.

IMO, Gov. McCrory has not taken a stand. He's caved in to political pressure and political financing.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
If you're sooo... proud of the Governor, then I'm sure you'll be more than happy to supply a couple thousand dollars in increased property taxes to shore up the money your school system will be losing. What's that old saying? "Pride goeth before a fall".
It'll be years. Maybe we're better off without DC redistributing our education money back to us with strings attached.

We turned down Obamacare Medicaid for the same reason.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:48 PM

17 posts, read 12,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
It'll be years. Maybe we're better off without DC redistributing our education money back to us with strings attached.

Amen! I said it before, and ill say it again. I'm fine paying extra on my taxes to stop government overreach.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:01 PM

294 posts, read 232,868 times
Quote:
Amen! I said it before, and ill say it again. I'm fine paying extra on my taxes to stop government overreach.

In a perfect world only these people who support this crap should be held responsible for lost revenues as well as the cost of litigation that the entire state will have to absorb. It never ceases to amaze me that it can be called a safety issue when it is nothing more than plain simple HATE.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
It's grossly hypocritical to complain about government overreach when Raleigh was the one being a bully and overreaching on the first place. None of this would've been an issue if Raleigh didn't pass HB2 to begin with.

(And before anyone says it's not the city Raleigh, obviously. I refer to federal government as DC, and NC government as Raleigh.)

Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post

I'm sure California and New York will only be too happy to spend North Carolina's federal education dollars just as they did with the Medicare and Medicaid money! It's like "cutting off your nose to spite your face money" that this state can ill afford to lose! I guess you'll only be happy when this state is down at the bottom of the barrel with Mississippi ...that paradise on Earth!

Old 05-09-2016, 09:26 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
why must everyone pander to .03% of the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina