Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,649 times

Advertisements

Since McCrory took office in 2013 North Carolina has had the FASTEST GROWING GDP in the country.

He may not be anyone's favorite, but he's definitely not the worst ever. Bev Perdue comes to mind. Republicans and Democrats both disliked her.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Well....there was Mike Easley.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
"According to the annual Best & Worst States for Business survey from Chief Executive magazine, which queried CEOs on a range of quantitative and qualitative factors... North Carolina, Tennessee and Indiana complete the top five of the rankings."

CEOs Rank the Best and Worst States for Business in 2016
Of course, NC has been in the top 10/20 for decades, pick a source. But now the GOP has hoodwinked the average citizen into believing they're getting a tax cut...the ole bait and switch. Not really a tax but a fee, then tack the extra on sales, etc.

We all agree that incentives and other packages used to attract business is a necessary evil however they've managed to shift a large majority of that burden to the people who could least afford it. The money is gotta come from something/somewhere, why not the folk with no influence or least able to stop it...hell, when they took office you could see it comin' a mile away.

NC will be fine, just the lower to middle class will be the sacrificial lambs as usual.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:32 AM

599 posts, read 401,313 times
I'm not sure though he as disappointed me greatly and is one of many reasons I'm leaving the Republican Party and joining the Libertarians.

I actually would like to run in a few years for the North Carolina House of Representatives so that we can actually have someone who will pass legislation that the people can support. I'm optimistic on if I could win running in 2018 though I will give it my best and maybe just maybe we can bring some sense back to North Carolina.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Since McCrory took office in 2013 North Carolina has had the FASTEST GROWING GDP in the country.

He may not be anyone's favorite, but he's definitely not the worst ever. Bev Perdue comes to mind. Republicans and Democrats both disliked her.
Hold your tongue, although she fumbled the ball a few times she at least galvanized the lackluster NC DOT to be creative with expediting a several important transportation projects.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
NC will be fine, just the lower to middle class will be the sacrificial lambs as usual.
The middle class is the primary beneficiary of the new jobs these businesses bring.

Pee-pee rights are fun to debate, but it's the economy that really matters for quality of life. On that front, McCrory has been the best governor in recent history. The activist businesses and celebrities you hear making a big fuss aren't a drop in the bucket compared to the growth we've had and continue to experience.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The middle class is the primary beneficiary of the new jobs these businesses bring.

Pee-pee rights are fun to debate, but it's the economy that really matters for quality of life. On that front, McCrory has been the best governor in recent history. The activist businesses and celebrities you hear making a big fuss aren't a drop in the bucket compared to the growth we've had and continue to experience.
The recovery was in already motion prior to McCory taking office (thanks obummer). He's pee-peed away solid jobs, perception and reputation no matter what side of the debate you purport. He sold himself as a moderate while Mayor of Charlotte and vowed to govern from that angle. At the core I think he's been bullied to sway on social issues to appease a shrinking base.

Obviously his consultants realize that PR is PR, especially national PR so losing the gubnorship based on this extreme positions will elevate his status amongst the staunch social right wing contingent.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:49 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,657 times
Quote:

Rightttt he created it, no it wasn't booming under Bev or the others just him? This state grew in spite of McCrory. We have lost out on almost every major corporation bid that has come across his desk. Sure we got some manufacturing jobs but what about Paypal, Mercedes, and Boeing? What about movie subsidies, and the rest of it? He hasn't created all these jobs, he has just rode the wave. Now with this whole fiasco the wave may come crashing down.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:56 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,488,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
The recovery was in already motion prior to McCory taking office (thanks obummer). He's pee-peed away solid jobs, perception and reputation no matter what side of the debate you purport. He sold himself as a moderate while Mayor of Charlotte and vowed to govern from that angle. At the core I think he's been bullied to sway on social issues to appease a shrinking base.

Obviously his consultants realize that PR is PR, especially national PR so losing the gubnorship based on this extreme positions will elevate his status amongst the staunch social right wing contingent.
I'm sure Pat will be happy to play the "right-to-moderate viewpoint" commentator as soon as Fox News comes up with a "suitable pay package" that is multiple times the Governor's salary. Art Pope must have an arm up McCrory's back (or whatever) to pull on the vocal cords ...Governor Pat the Puppet!!

Old 05-10-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Rightttt he created it, no it wasn't booming under Bev or the others just him? This state grew in spite of McCrory. We have lost out on almost every major corporation bid that has come across his desk. Sure we got some manufacturing jobs but what about Paypal, Mercedes, and Boeing? What about movie subsidies, and the rest of it? He hasn't created all these jobs, he has just rode the wave. Now with this whole fiasco the wave may come crashing down.
While movies are fun and a source of pride, they aren't as big an economic boost as most industries.

The recovery began before McCrory, but unlike some of our other governors, he helped accelerate it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina