Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 04:11 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,456,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Not even close to being the worst.

Our prior 2 governors alone rank below him.
Oh I think they make a nice Triumvirate of Mediocrity!

Old 05-13-2016, 04:48 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,497,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Oh I think they make a nice Triumvirate of Mediocrity!
I'll toast that!

Old 05-13-2016, 09:45 PM

1,360 posts, read 999,605 times
I didn't have high hopes for McCrory's re-election with Trump up-ticket and the HB2 fiasco, but, after today, I think he's got a good shot. Obama and his weaponized DOJ just made him a national hero. Why on earth would the administration pick a fight with half the school boards in the country when they were winning the PR war? Not smart.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:29 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,858,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
I didn't have high hopes for McCrory's re-election with Trump up-ticket and the HB2 fiasco, but, after today, I think he's got a good shot. Obama and his weaponized DOJ just made him a national hero. Why on earth would the administration pick a fight with half the school boards in the country when they were winning the PR war? Not smart.
Openly threatening to take money away from all schools across the country, unless you do as Mr. President tells you to do, may very well have just taken McCory out of the frying pan and placed him in a nice gentle spa on the beach, with every wish being waited on.

That did not seem smart at all. You take the strong focus on one state and for some people, on one guy, and then swing around with a flame thrower and torch the rest of the state's schools all at once. Talk about waking a bunch of sleeping dragons. Makes no sense at all. Good going up there in DC.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:08 AM

51,595 posts, read 25,609,840 times
Quote:
Dare to dream.

I seriously doubt McCrory will be the hero of this story.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,456,882 times
McCrory will be an afterthought after the election!

Old 05-14-2016, 07:47 PM

1,360 posts, read 999,605 times
The guy knows how to spur new jobs and wage growth. Bev and Easley kept us treading water, but McCrory lifted the anchor and cranked up the engine

"McCrory made the strategic decision to cut weekly unemployment payments and decrease the amount of time a jobless worker could receive these payments... the state’s unemployment rate (nearly the worst in the U.S. when Governor McCrory took office in 2013) fell lower than the national average.

"By paying off this nearly $3 billion debt four years earlier than required, the McCrory administration is helping business owners save a serious amount of money. (For every year the federal debt remained unpaid, business were seeing unemployment insurance taxes rise by $21 per employee.) The thousands of dollars being spent to pay down the debt, McCrory noted, “could have been invested in new jobs or raises for productive employees.”

With the debt paid off, North Carolina businesses will save $280 million in penalties this year alone."

Thanks To Gov. McCrory, North Carolina Pays Off $2.75 Billion Debt, Saving Taxpayers $280 Million

Dave Ramsey would be proud. Let's hear that debt-free screeeeaaaaaaammmmmm!

Old 05-14-2016, 08:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,858,078 times
Quote:
The guy knows how to spur new jobs and wage growth. Bev and Easley kept us treading water, but McCrory lifted the anchor and cranked up the engine

"McCrory made the strategic decision to cut weekly unemployment payments and decrease the amount of time a jobless worker could receive these payments... the state’s unemployment rate (nearly the worst in the U.S. when Governor McCrory took office in 2013) fell lower than the national average.

"By paying off this nearly $3 billion debt four years earlier than required, the McCrory administration is helping business owners save a serious amount of money. (For every year the federal debt remained unpaid, business were seeing unemployment insurance taxes rise by $21 per employee.) The thousands of dollars being spent to pay down the debt, McCrory noted, “could have been invested in new jobs or raises for productive employees.”

With the debt paid off, North Carolina businesses will save $280 million in penalties this year alone."

Thanks To Gov. McCrory, North Carolina Pays Off $2.75 Billion Debt, Saving Taxpayers $280 Million

Dave Ramsey would be proud. Let's hear that debt-free screeeeaaaaaaammmmmm!
That sounds like quite the accomplishment. I would assume the people of NC are happy about that and are willing to give him the credit he is due. I would like to assume people are unbiased and where they are excited to call someone out for what they perceive as a wrong, they should be equally excited to give them praise for a job well done.......in that area.

The perception that he is taking on "an overbearing, overreaching, big federal government" [b]may[b] pay dividends for him in the election. Bucking the system seems to be the trend this year, so it is possible he could ride this wave into another term. I suppose a lot of it will be a matter of what happens in the court system, appeals and such. Also, now that NC and HB2 are all in nationally and this now affects ALL states, it will be interesting to see how the voices of the majority match up to the minority.....and how that plays out with McCrory's bid for another term.

Interesting to say the least!

Old 05-15-2016, 08:25 AM

17 posts, read 11,927 times
Thanks pat for igniting the true Christians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIYsXhR1D0

Old 05-15-2016, 08:15 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,234,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan56 View Post
Thanks pat for igniting the true Christians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIYsXhR1D0
If I didn't know your stance on this subject, I wouldn't know if this was posted sincerely or sarcastically. What a freakin loon. And 12 kids? Close your damn legs woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina