Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Maroon 5 cancels North Carolina concert over anti-LGBT law - May. 20, 2016Maroon 5 just cancelled their shows in Raleigh and Charlotte.
That doesn't hurt that much. Maroon 5 ain't as good as they used to be anyway.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:46 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,691,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
That doesn't hurt that much. Maroon 5 ain't as good as they used to be anyway.
So I guess all these $'s being lost with every cancellation really means nothing. Rock stars, comedians, architecture convention, furniture dealers, pop stars, musicals, classical musicians etc.. This will just continue and keep adding to the millions.....

Last edited by Ebck120; 05-21-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 02:17 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,649 times
Quote:
So I guess all these $'s being lost with every cancellation really means nothing. Rock stars, comedians, architecture convention, furniture dealers, pop stars, musicals, classical musicians etc.. This will just continue and keep adding to the millions.....
Eventually people will find something else to pretend to be outraged about. It'll be OK. The sky is not falling.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Eventually people will find something else to pretend to be outraged about. It'll be OK. The sky is not falling.
The sky is definitely not falling, just the income for those folks who relied on these temp jobs, tourism revenue, and the reputation of the state.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
The sky is definitely not falling, just the income for those folks who relied on these temp jobs, tourism revenue, and the reputation of the state.
Income for "those folks" will improve this year, just as it has since McCrory took office. The only longterm revenue loss is to the lawyers missing out on additional discrimination lawsuits.

As far as reputation, we're already seen as one of the best states for business, with low taxes, few unions and a high quality labor force, not to mention multiple cities in the top ten of just about every Forbes Best Places list over the last decade. Now we can add the distinction of a governor wiling to stand up to federal overreach and for reassertion of state's rights.

Last edited by vulfpeck; 05-21-2016 at 04:31 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Income for "those folks" will improve this year, just as it has since McCrory took office. The only longterm revenue loss is to the lawyers missing out on additional discrimination lawsuits.

As far as reputation, we're already seen as one of the best states for business, with low taxes, few unions and a high quality labor force, not to mention multiple cities in the top ten of just about every Forbes Best Places list over the last decade. Now we can add the distinction of a governor wiling to stand up to federal overreach and reassertion of state's rights.
I hope your rights are infringed on one day.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:21 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
As far as reputation, we're already seen as one of the best states for business, with low taxes, few unions and a high quality labor force, not to mention multiple cities in the top ten of just about every Forbes Best Places list over the last decade.
Because past performance is always an indicator of future performance. I've got a couple of former financial advisers that just love folks like you...

Old 05-22-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Because past performance is always an indicator of future performance. I've got a couple of former financial advisers that just love folks like you...
Clever. If you don't consider past performance relevant, then all the advisers in the world can't help you.

If North Carolina was a stock, I'd be buying right now

Old 05-22-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I hope your rights are infringed on one day.
If you mean a government guarantee to a given job and wage because of my age, race, gender, sexual preference or "identity", then you can keep those "rights". I'd rather work harder in a free society than partake in infinite tenure and guaranteed income through tyranny.

Special protections legislated for one group inherently discriminate against all others. Just because discrimination happens, doesn't mean we should make laws embracing the reciprocal.

Last edited by vulfpeck; 05-22-2016 at 12:24 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
If you mean a government guarantee to a given job and wage because of my age, race, gender, sexual preference or "identity", then you can keep those "rights". I'd rather work harder in a free society than partake in infinite tenure and guaranteed income through tyranny.

Special protections legislated for one group inherently discriminate against all others. Just because discrimination happens, doesn't mean we should make laws embracing the reciprocal.
Looks like you'll have to move out of the country. The path the country is going is not for you. No one is guaranteed a job based on anything you listed, they are protected from being fired for it. I wonder what all of those unemployed people are thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina