U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-23-2016, 09:57 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,893 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Reputation: 8966

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Peeping is more than invasion of privacy, it has always been a crime and is called voyeurism. It is a crime perpetrated by sexual deviants, male or female. God only made two kinds of people.
Well the legal charge, in most states, is invasion of privacy.

As you well know, the only way to peep in a woman's bathroom is over or under the locked door or wall partitions. Since the Charlotte law didn't make that legal, peepers would still be arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2016, 09:59 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,893 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Reputation: 8966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Allowing a man to go to the female bathroom is playing to and encouraging a psychological problem because it is a delusion to believe you are and/or can be the opposite sex.

If a person really needs to go to the bathroom, they won't have a problem going to whatever bathroom society has designated for them.
Ever hear the name Christine Keeler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:02 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,893 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Reputation: 8966
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneluckymug View Post
THat's because I haven't made the assumption that only trans males would be in the locker rooms. You made that assumption. Non-trans males are also allowed in the locker rooms under the Charlotte law. Does a trans penis look different than a non-trans penis? Do trans folks not take showers? How does a person tell a trans penis from a non-trans penis? This could come in handy at the gym.

The argument that only non-trans males are going to be nude in a changing room and locker room isn't going to fly. Most trans males (90+%) will never have gender reassignment surgery. So it's a pretty straightforward assumption that they will be nude in rooms that are designed for people to be nude.

So again, how will a woman tell a trans penis from a non-trans penis in the locker room when they will both be allowed to be in there?

Your argument is trans folks don't get nude in dressing and locker rooms.
Southbounds argument is that it should be illegal for everyone to be nude in dressing and locker rooms.

Twilight Zone stuff there.
Many women & girls have worn bathing suits if they used public showers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mntns., NC
10,779 posts, read 15,054,949 times
Reputation: 9588
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well the legal charge, in most states, is invasion of privacy.

As you well know, the only way to peep in a woman's bathroom is over or under the locked door or wall partitions. Since the Charlotte law didn't make that legal, peepers would still be arrested.
Ever hear of peepholes in bathroom walls ? and what makes you an expert on federal, state, and county law ? Common sense might be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:09 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,893 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Reputation: 8966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
First, I'll say that the Charlotte Observer comment "Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker rooms" is a load of horse manure.


That being said, where does that arise as a real issue with regard to transsexuals who have made the effort to appear as they feel? In most public restrooms for either gender, they would enter closable stalls to do whatever they had to do and there is no instance of seeing genitalia of any circumstance.


Open locker rooms are a possible issue. I think it's a receding issue in public schools as more of them these days do not do actual showering for regular PE classes.


There are a number of issues beyond the locker room with regard to student sports. Are we really going to put young 18-year-old males on the women's soccer teams just because the boys woke up that morning "feeling pretty?" When a school gets the bright idea of having an entire team of young men (who all "feel pretty") competing in the women's leagues, are we not going to realize it's a bunch of horse manure? Is anyone really going to do that? Of course someone will.


So, no, young girls don't need to get used to seeing adult male genitalia (come to think of it, acceptance of pedophilia is somewhere down that rabbit hole). But we do need to calmly determine where those lines actually are and draw them brightly where they truly exist.
You've made some well thought out comments. Congratulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:09 AM
 
234 posts, read 362,176 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well the legal charge, in most states, is invasion of privacy.

As you well know, the only way to peep in a woman's bathroom is over or under the locked door or wall partitions. Since the Charlotte law didn't make that legal, peepers would still be arrested.
Again you keep switching it to restrooms. We don't care about restrooms. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT RESTROOMS. Nobody can be charged with 'peeping' in a locker room when everyone is allowed to be there legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:11 AM
 
234 posts, read 362,176 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Many women & girls have worn bathing suits if they used public showers.
Yeah. Many women have eaten broccoli. That has just as much relevance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:12 AM
 
3,774 posts, read 6,995,987 times
Reputation: 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneluckymug View Post
Again you keep switching it to restrooms. We don't care about restrooms. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT RESTROOMS. Nobody can be charged with 'peeping' in a locker room when everyone is allowed to be there legally.
You're wrong.

Just like buying a gun legally doesn't mean you can wield it for illegal purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:14 AM
 
3,454 posts, read 3,137,250 times
Reputation: 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
First, I'll say that the Charlotte Observer comment "Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker rooms" is a load of horse manure.


That being said, where does that arise as a real issue with regard to transsexuals who have made the effort to appear as they feel? In most public restrooms for either gender, they would enter closable stalls to do whatever they had to do and there is no instance of seeing genitalia of any circumstance.


Open locker rooms are a possible issue. I think it's a receding issue in public schools as more of them these days do not do actual showering for regular PE classes.


There are a number of issues beyond the locker room with regard to student sports. Are we really going to put young 18-year-old males on the women's soccer teams just because the boys woke up that morning "feeling pretty?" When a school gets the bright idea of having an entire team of young men (who all "feel pretty") competing in the women's leagues, are we not going to realize it's a bunch of horse manure? Is anyone really going to do that? Of course someone will.


So, no, young girls don't need to get used to seeing adult male genitalia (come to think of it, acceptance of pedophilia is somewhere down that rabbit hole). But we do need to calmly determine where those lines actually are and draw them brightly where they truly exist.
No, they are not...lol. Some of y'all are truly reaching out your ass to support a ridiculous position. No, little or big Johnny ain't gonna play women's golf as a TG. And no, young girls are going to be routinely exposed to men's genitalia.


These are the same old tired GOP hyperbolic positions on any non-issue that's publicly elevated into an issue with a gazillion to one implausible scenarios....lottery, etc. It is their modus operandi till some other non-issue issue is hammered to death. It's even managed to distract from the real issue of sexual abuse and predators. Young girls are more likely to be abused by a relative, neighbor, friend of the family, etc..."show me yours and I'll show you mine".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 AM
 
234 posts, read 362,176 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
First, I'll say that the Charlotte Observer comment "Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker rooms" is a load of horse manure.


That being said, where does that arise as a real issue with regard to transsexuals who have made the effort to appear as they feel? In most public restrooms for either gender, they would enter closable stalls to do whatever they had to do and there is no instance of seeing genitalia of any circumstance.


Open locker rooms are a possible issue. I think it's a receding issue in public schools as more of them these days do not do actual showering for regular PE classes.


There are a number of issues beyond the locker room with regard to student sports. Are we really going to put young 18-year-old males on the women's soccer teams just because the boys woke up that morning "feeling pretty?" When a school gets the bright idea of having an entire team of young men (who all "feel pretty") competing in the women's leagues, are we not going to realize it's a bunch of horse manure? Is anyone really going to do that? Of course someone will.


So, no, young girls don't need to get used to seeing adult male genitalia (come to think of it, acceptance of pedophilia is somewhere down that rabbit hole). But we do need to calmly determine where those lines actually are and draw them brightly where they truly exist.
When folks want to use terms like gender fluidity..I feel like a man today, a women tomorrow, something between on Wednesday ...the only line they are happy with, is no line.

You can't prove a thought. So the line needs to be drawn where something is provable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top