Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 03:29 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
New York bans cities from setting their own minimum wage. I guess HB2 caught us up, right?

Well first -- let's stay on topic. Secondly, you would not enjoy the cost of living in either NY or CA, or the northeast in general.

Getting back to t/gender, Bruce/Caitlin/Jenner/Kardashian etcetera.... still looks like a man, has a male voice, male muscular tone and generally looks like a freak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 03:33 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Well first -- let's stay on topic. Secondly, you would not enjoy the cost of living in either NY or CA, or the northeast in general.

Getting back to t/gender, Bruce/Caitlin/Jenner/Kardashian etcetera.... still looks like a man, has a male voice, male muscular tone and generally looks like a freak.
He's also straight. Are you moms and dads cool with him hanging in the locker room with your daughters? Maybe we'll get yet another Kardashian tape.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
He's also straight. Are you moms and dads cool with him hanging in the locker room with your daughters? Maybe we'll get yet another Kardashian tape.

Straight? where? Hellooooo ?? Bruce Jenner has had the surgery to become a woman/girl/whatever. He/she looks scarey. He is/was married to a Kardashian, haven't you heard? they have children together. What the H do they tell their kids ? Daddy is now Mommy but can't have any more babies ? seriously.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Straight? where? Hellooooo ?? Bruce Jenner has had the surgery to become a woman/girl/whatever. He/she looks scarey. He is/was married to a Kardashian, haven't you heard? they have children together. What the H do they tell their kids ? Daddy is now Mommy but can't have any more babies ? seriously.
No, he hasn't "transitioned," he's only had face surgery and breasts added. Most transgender people never have genital surgery. He's dating a transgender "woman" named Candis Cayne, who I think has "transitioned."

I don't know, maybe he's not attracted to women with vaginas, only "women" who had their penises removed. Who knows.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
No, he hasn't "transitioned," he's only had face surgery and breasts added. Most transgender people never have genital surgery. He's dating a transgender "woman" named Candis Cayne, who I think has "transitioned."

I don't know, maybe he's not attracted to women with vaginas, only "women" who had their penises removed. Who knows.

I'm outta' here ... the topic is too screwed up/down for my liking. Pardon the pun.

I'm sticking with my decision to identify as Prince's wife and collect some cool cash.

Last edited by QuilterChick; 05-24-2016 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I'm outta' here ... the topic is too screwed up/down for my liking. Pardon the pun.

I'm stick with my decision to identify as Prince's wife and collect some cool cash.
Sorry, this is the new mentality. *Coming to a bathroom and shower near you*

Common sense is dead. You can't argue with fake outrage and denial of reality.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:49 PM

496 posts, read 467,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
It's interesting to me how many males think they need to speak for women and seem to know what they do and don't want. The GOP is notorious for that as are their followers.
In defense of these men, I'm sure most of them have women in their lives and have talked to them to hear their thoughts and opinions. Regardless, I know several men who would freak if a male was in the locker room with their young daughter.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I see the bathroom issue this way . If someone is transgender meaning that they have the anatomy of a man and identify as a woman or vice versa, they do in fact have the genitalia that they were born with.
Now if you got something swinging down there no matter how much you look like a woman you are a man, and vice verse.
For hermaphrodites, it's a little more complicating. You should only use the women's room if you are a woman or have had complete gender reassignment surgery to completely become a woman and you should only use the men's room if you are a man or have had gender reassignment surgery to become a man.
HB2 allows them to go to bathroom or lockerroom that corresponds to their birth certificate.
North Carolina allows changes to it be made for them meaning they can change their driver's license, that isn't discriminatory that is very progressive.
IMO, I feel that it should be noted that they are transformers for legal reasons in case they have a criminal past. On license, it should say trans male or trans female.

I hate it for the transgender community but you can't dress up like a cop and arrest people if you are not a cop. The Same rule applies here, if you are dressing in men's or women's clothing but don't have the anatomy, you are a cross dresser or drag queen.
I'm sorry but I don't think that deserves special recognition or special rights.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:16 AM

You make very good points. And I appreciate that you did it without attacking those that disagree with you.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I see the bathroom issue this way . If someone is transgender meaning that they have the anatomy of a man and identify as a woman or vice versa, they do in fact have the genitalia that they were born with.
Now if you got something swinging down there no matter how much you look like a woman you are a man, and vice verse.
For hermaphrodites, it's a little more complicating. You should only use the women's room if you are a woman or have had complete gender reassignment surgery to completely become a woman and you should only use the men's room if you are a man or have had gender reassignment surgery to become a man.
HB2 allows them to go to bathroom or lockerroom that corresponds to their birth certificate.
North Carolina allows changes to it be made for them meaning they can change their driver's license, that isn't discriminatory that is very progressive.
IMO, I feel that it should be noted that they are transformers for legal reasons in case they have a criminal past. On license, it should say trans male or trans female.

I hate it for the transgender community but you can't dress up like a cop and arrest people if you are not a cop. The Same rule applies here, if you are dressing in men's or women's clothing but don't have the anatomy, you are a cross dresser or drag queen.
I'm sorry but I don't think that deserves special recognition or special rights.
Sunny - I do hope that you're well aware that HB2 strips away any rights LGBT people have in NC - as presently written. From your answer above, it appears you support HB2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina