Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 04:43 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
BBM

That's incorrect. The problem does not come down to men posing as transgenders.

The problem is that allowing men to enter the girl's change rooms at the swimming pool interferes with the rights of girls and women. Girls and women should have the freedom to change into their swimsuit without fear that a man or boy is in their midst. The rights of a man who wants to be a woman do not trump the rights of all females.
Can you quantify the problem with actual numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 06:29 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
Quote:
I see this transgender demand as a violation of the rights of women and girls. I don't really care what men have going on in their heads, but I do care if someone who is born a man, and who is holding onto that which defines him as a man, wants to hang out in rooms where women and girls want privacy from anyone who has the anatomy of a man. If someone born as a man doesn't want to use change rooms and urinals designed for men, there needs to be a separate room for those people. It is beyond logical to decide that women must be compromised to accommodate men with unusual thinking.
Are you a male or a female?

I am a female and I am not the least bit worried about a male who identifies as a female sharing the locker room or restroom with me. I really don't know what all the hoopla is about, other than people manufacturing their own stories about what will happen if they do.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:52 AM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Are you a male or a female?

I am a female and I am not the least bit worried about a male who identifies as a female sharing the locker room or restroom with me. I really don't know what all the hoopla is about, other than people manufacturing their own stories about what will happen if they do.
What would you say to other females who do worry and don't want to be looking at someones junk? Avert your eyes? Have you ever been in a locker room with old men? Stuff is just flopping all over the place.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Big deal. A wrinkled up floppy octagenerian dong isn't hurting anyone. But I seriously doubt old men are going to play the "trans" card for a chance to peep some cleavage (with a chance of jail time).

Women who are upright about nudity use the private accommodations already. Same goes for men, from what I've seen.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:13 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Can you quantify the problem with actual numbers?
Not sure what you mean by numbers.

How many girls and women would be uncomfortable changing into a swimsuit with a strange man (who wants to be a woman) in the change room? That would be 100%. Women and girls have rights, and the solution to the problem of men-women who don't want to use their assigned urinal must respect the rights of women and girls. How can women know that a man is not a woman? Instinct. It's the same instinct whereby men can know that a woman is not a man.

Men-women may not want to use the men's room, but women don't want them in the women's room. Find another solution that respects the rights of girls and women.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:16 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Big deal. A wrinkled up floppy octagenerian dong isn't hurting anyone. But I seriously doubt old men are going to play the "trans" card for a chance to peep some cleavage (with a chance of jail time).

Women who are upright about nudity use the private accommodations already. Same goes for men, from what I've seen.
No one is suggesting that a man-woman is in the girl's change room to peep. The problem is that little girls should not be exposed to male genitals in the change room. It's just not good for their emotional and social well-being.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:22 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,723 times
Quote:
No one is suggesting that a man-woman is in the girl's change room to peep. The problem is that little girls should not be exposed to male genitals in the change room. It's just not good for their emotional and social well-being.
Emotional and sexual trauma is how the LGBT community reproduces. They would only see your concerns as a longterm benefit to their voter pool.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:35 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
It's interesting that 90% of transgender people are male to female. Either they think life's better for the gentler sex or their wires got crossed early in life and their desire to "be with" became a desire to "be". Since most people think men have it better in our society, my guess is the latter.
Wow, do people still actually think that being transgendered is a 'choice'? Most people who are transgendered display that from a very early age. It is most likely a genetic condition. It's something imposed upon them by their body, not something they got the idea for because men are gross and women are better (or whatever)

Don't get transgendered mixed up with transsexuals. They like to cross-dress, and may or may not be gay, but they don't think they are in the wrong kind of body.

If there is a woman in the restroom who used to be a man, and has chosen to become a woman, why would she be interested in or inappropriately aroused by peeping at other women? I just don't get it.

Last edited by Stagemomma; 05-20-2016 at 11:49 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 AM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Except that wasn't the editorial's point, it's closing argument was equal access for everyone. Trying to associate gay rights (biological) with transgender rights (mental health) was a mistake that the gay support groups made some time ago (in my opinion). Just like we don't encourage schizophrenics we shouldn't be encouraging people with gender dysphoria but rather helping them get treatment. Are there pharmaceutical companies working on this?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
The problem is that allowing men to enter the girl's change rooms at the swimming pool interferes with the rights of girls and women. Girls and women should have the freedom to change into their swimsuit without fear that a man or boy is in their midst. The rights of a man who wants to be a woman do not trump the rights of all females.
My YMCA addresses this nicely. People under the age of 18 are not allowed in the men's/women's locker room. Many women just let it all hang out, some turn their backs, some use the stalls provided, some wear their suit to the gym.

There are separate locker rooms for young men and young women, and another 'family locker room' for any one who needs assistance with changing.

I've used unisex dressing rooms backstage before. We were working, not looking at each other's crotches. These days If I had occasion to share a locker room or bathroom with men, the last thing I would be interested in is peeping. Yuck! I'm not interested in your hairy junk.

And to take the scenario farther, if I'm changing at the Y, and don't choose to use a stall for privacy, I've got no way of knowing if the other women are lesbians or not. Guess what? I don't care. If she thinks my hairy junk is interesting, that's her problem, not mine.

"Family Restrooms" open to anyone needing privacy are found in airports and Walmarts all over the country. It isn't rocket science.

Last edited by Stagemomma; 05-20-2016 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina