Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:31 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times

Advertisements

Rape victims must have a hard time processing editorials like this.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must try 'overcoming discomfort' of seeing 'male genitalia' in bathrooms - Washington Times

“This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday,” the editorial said. “Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms – and vice versa – might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort – with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage – then realizing it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined.”

what an analogy

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-18-2016 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 05:41 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Forgive me for my political incorrectness, but this is one of the most twisted things I've encountered.

Yesterday, I saw a brief interview with a 10 year old boy who wants to be a girl. Okay, let him wear dresses, but it's crossing the line to say that this 10 year old boy should be peeping in the girl's locker room.

What I find most absurd is that boys who want to be girls do not actually act like girls, instead they act like the TV version of a flamboyant girl. I am looking forward to the first lawsuit from a male who is converted to a female only to announce as an adult that media, parents, and medicine are responsible for their mutilated body.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:58 PM

This is probably a really dumb question, but if a man wants to be a woman, wouldn't he want to be neutered and amputated? It seems to me that the first thing a female man should want to shed in the transition to female is the one thing that defines him as male. Do man --> woman transexuals keep their male genitals, and, if so, why?

Old 05-18-2016, 06:05 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
^google is your friend.

If you're not motivated to conduct even a modicum of independent fact-finding, I doubt anyone on this board is going to change your mind...

Good luck with your search.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:10 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
This is probably a really dumb question, but if a man wants to be a woman, wouldn't he want to be neutered and amputated? It seems to me that the first thing a female man should want to shed in the transition to female is the one thing that defines him as male. Do man --> woman transexuals keep their male genitals, and, if so, why?
I think only a small percentage have a 'sex change' operation. That is probably pretty costly and not covered by insurance because it is cosmetic surgery.

To be considered 'transgendered', a person only has to believe he or she is the opposite sex, no 'sex change' operation is necessary.

As far as I know, no man has ever had a uterus and ovaries implanted into his body.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I think only a small percentage have a 'sex change' operation. That is probably pretty costly and not covered by insurance because it is cosmetic surgery.

To be considered 'transgendered', a person only has to believe he or she is the opposite sex, no 'sex change' operation is necessary.

As far as I know, no man has ever had a uterus and ovaries implanted into his body.
Thank you. I have to wonder on what that belief is based. I can't know what it is to be a lion, so how can I say that I am one. Similarly, a man cannot know what it is to be a woman, so how can he say that he is one. If a man says that he is a woman, why does he act like a silly woman; the extreme theatrical expression or portrayal of a woman.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,529 times
I predict a surge in private school enrollment.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
I predict a surge in private school enrollment.
I was thinking that at first as well, but I'm assuming that legislation can reach into the toilets of private schools as well.

I think the schools should stand their ground.

The Democrats demand that unless little boys can be in the little girl's change rooms, little girls will be denied education funding. I can't wait!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:34 PM

599 posts, read 401,648 times
I am trying to remain neutral on the topic I really am as I can see both sides of the issue and I have never supported HB#2 but does anyone else think this whole transgender issue has gotten completely out of hand?

I mean I've seen reports that the entire U.S. transgender population is around 0.3%. Why is such a small minority getting more of say than the majority? I myself am very supportive of the whole LGBT community but I do question how far this issue is going to go? I mean what's next after we get rid of genders? Human:Animal relationships?

Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I am trying to remain neutral on the topic I really am as I can see both sides of the issue and I have never supported HB#2 but does anyone else think this whole transgender issue has gotten completely out of hand?

I mean I've seen reports that the entire U.S. transgender population is around 0.3%. Why is such a small minority getting more of say than the majority? I myself am very supportive of the whole LGBT community but I do question how far this issue is going to go? I mean what's next after we get rid of genders? Human:Animal relationships?
It is completely out of hand when the President of the United States is making decisions about who can use the toilet. He needs to shake is head and pay attention to what he was elected to do.

I think it's important to recognize that this is not a homosexual issue. It should only apply to those people who have been surgically altered to change their genitals. A man in a dress with gobs of makeup does not a woman make.

Furthermore, I think it's time that women stand up for their rights and demand that men stop being so ridiculously egotistical that they think they that they can usurp what it is to be female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina