Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 08:52 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,840,562 times

Advertisements

I just looked at the numbers and, AT THIS POINT, it is interesting how many more votes republican's are getting than democrats in almost all of the races. From the posts I read in the forum, I would have thought it would be the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 08:56 PM

1,360 posts, read 997,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I just looked at the numbers and, AT THIS POINT, it is interesting how many more votes republican's are getting than democrats in almost all of the races. From the posts I read in the forum, I would have thought it would be the other way around.
They're called a vocal minority for a reason

Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
They're called a vocal minority for a reason
I guess, from the results, the consensus of the forum is not exactly representative of the state's citizens.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:38 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,461,808 times
Quote:
I guess, from the results, the consensus of the forum is not exactly representative of the state's citizens.
I'm unaffiliated & chose not to vote for a representative because I didn't like any of the Republicans & there was one candidate on the Democratic side. Most of the people who I know did the same for the same reason. I still voted for a judge & so did they.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,292,087 times
Quote:
Since majority of the districts was Republicans, a lot of districts only had NC Supreme Court
Two other factors were being a special Primary (not normal date in Summer when vacations occur) and some in new districts lack of interest.

However according to Pastor Mark Harris, his district (9th) had a huge turnout and is going to file for a recount
he lost by a 100 and some votes to Pittenger.
If he is elected, HB2 and A-1 could be bills on the federal level.
For outsider knowledge, his preachings mimic the style of Westboro Church.

Definitely, low voter turnout for Mecklenburg as it mostly in newly formed 12 districts and they elects incumbent Alma Adams who doesn't even live in Mecklenburg, (she lives in Greensboro.

13 district was totally moved, with no incumbents and it represents Iredell, Davie, Rowan, Davidson, and Guildford.
Out of 17 candidates, a Davie County candidate won, not knocking the county as Mocksville is cute just thought it was wild.

It also will be interesting this general election as some seasoned voters will be in for a shocker as this state doesnt allow straight ticket voting anymore.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It also will be interesting this general election as some seasoned voters will be in for a shocker as this state doesnt allow straight ticket voting anymore.
Now THAT is a great thing, IMO. I cannot stand party voting. I wish they would also remove the party identifier next to each candidate's name. People should vote for the person, not the party....IMO.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:44 AM

605 posts, read 799,362 times
Quote:
Now THAT is a great thing, IMO. I cannot stand party voting. I wish they would also remove the party identifier next to each candidate's name. People should vote for the person, not the party....IMO.
I used to think that way, too. And then McCrory happened.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:26 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,104,079 times
Pretty obvious HB2 lit a firecracker under the GOP and drove them to the polls. Pretty sure McCrory wins November.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:34 PM

1,360 posts, read 997,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Pretty obvious HB2 lit a firecracker under the GOP and drove them to the polls. Pretty sure McCrory wins November.
Any numbers on Dem vs Rep turnout?

Old 06-08-2016, 01:45 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,736,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
And I just negated your vote. Go Edmunds!
It doesn't technically "negate" it, as the top 2 finishers move on to the November ballot.

Which turns out to be these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina