Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 01:13 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Honestly, I doubt he does. But whoever developed his list of potential nominees seems to. We can only hope he sticks to it.
Nobody can be a technical expert in everything.. Part of being a great leader is picking the right people to head departments/cabinet positions. The NYC commercial real estate business is the toughest and most competitive around and he established himself as a leader at a young age. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't extremely clever and tough..

I don't believe a Trump presidency will be middle ground, he will either be a total failure or he will be remembered as one of the most effective presidents of our generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 07:02 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Nobody can be a technical expert in everything.. Part of being a great leader is picking the right people to head departments/cabinet positions. The NYC commercial real estate business is the toughest and most competitive around and he established himself as a leader at a young age. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't extremely clever and tough..

I don't believe a Trump presidency will be middle ground, he will either be a total failure or he will be remembered as one of the most effective presidents of our generation.
Though he talks a good game, Trump started his real estate career with the connections, credit, and wealth of his father, Fred Trump who built a real estate empire and was as one of the richest people in America in the 1970s.

Today, despite his reputation as a New York property mogul, the Donald doesn’t make it into top 10 lists of the city’s real estate players.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...siness-empire/

Old 06-19-2016, 07:04 AM

I do hope McCrory continues to back Trump, loudly and often.

In fact, I hope all Republicans do.

Fingers crossed.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:02 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Fingers crossed.
YES. I think this was a "wise" choice by Pat as well as his other "wise" choices. Maybe he can be a in a Trump commercial?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:29 AM

175 posts, read 204,448 times
Really hope that both these scumbags lose NC. I know I'll be doing my part.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times
Quote:
Though he talks a good game, Trump started his real estate career with the connections, credit, and wealth of his father, Fred Trump who built a real estate empire and was as one of the richest people in America in the 1970s.

Not bad for a man without a college degree.. FT became affluent as a builder of low and middle income housing. DT went the way of hotels when the rent controls came and they read the writing on the wall.. (remember all the arson in Brooklyn and the Broncs in the 70's?)

Today, despite his reputation as a New York property mogul, the Donald doesn’t make it into top 10 lists of the city’s real estate players.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...siness-empire/
I'm not naive enough to believe America can be "made great again" and that DT can do it. I am just tired of seeing the same people in office for the past 36 years recycle the same social issues from the 1960's meanwhile the country is losing in every sector.

I know where this road is leading and I am willing to roll the dice..

Old 06-21-2016, 08:45 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
I'm not naive enough to believe America can be "made great again" and that DT can do it. I am just tired of seeing the same people in office for the past 36 years recycle the same social issues from the 1960's meanwhile the country is losing in every sector.

I know where this road is leading and I am willing to roll the dice..
Loosing? 36 years? I don't know what people see in the 60's but that was a horrible year.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 AM

415 posts, read 607,063 times
Quote:

Fingers crossed.
I like that Pat goes against the grain.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 AM

6 posts, read 5,363 times
Just looking at a picture of McCrory makes me angry. He is the face of oppression and all that is wrong with the modern day US. Plus he just has an annoying looking face.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I like that Pat goes against the grain.
Which part of the "going against the grain" appeals to you?

The part where he signs HB2 in law putting NC on a collision course with the feds and putting school funding at risk?

Or the part where he makes NC look like the land of redneck lunatics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: