Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:19 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
short n sweet....if you live on the West Coast you will NOT be happy in Shelby....probably not in Kings Mtn or Gastonia, either. Look more at Charlotte or the Raliegh areas in NC or you will be seeking to move again in a year or 2.
Why are you digging up old threads to trash places west of Charlotte? What gives you the right to trash Kings Mountain? How long have you lived here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 07:40 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
I moved from San Diego to the southern fringes of Morganton a year ago. I am 30 mins North of Shelby. If you were ever in places like Ramona or Alpine CA and liked them, you will like the areas North of Shelby like Fallston. The is an interstate grade freeway bypass to be constructed for US 74 North of Shelby that is now fully funded and right of way demolition is occurring now where the freeway will cross over NC 18, 180 and 150.

I bought a 12 year old fixer home on 5 acres near old NC 18 and Sugarloaf Rd. For $45k, got a plausible job in Hickory while I reestablish my old San Diego based agricultural operations.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:00 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Why are you digging up old threads to trash places west of Charlotte? What gives you the right to trash Kings Mountain? How long have you lived here?
Try 32 YEARS...and I have lived in Hendersonville, AVL, CLT, Gastonia x 10 yrs, KingsMtn, Indian Trail and Matthews. I did NOT trash any of them, mearly told the truth to someone wanting to make a move clear across the country. I have good friends in San Diego, LA, San Francisco so Im well traveled in CA, too. Truth be told, Indian Trail & Matthews are my top choices IF I was to retire here....or the mountains.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Try 32 YEARS...and I have lived in Hendersonville, AVL, CLT, Gastonia x 10 yrs, KingsMtn, Indian Trail and Matthews. I did NOT trash any of them, mearly told the truth to someone wanting to make a move clear across the country. I have good friends in San Diego, LA, San Francisco so Im well traveled in CA, too. Truth be told, Indian Trail & Matthews are my top choices IF I was to retire here....or the mountains.
You're welcome to your opinion. This thread was concerning a potential job in Shelby & the spouse needing a job. It's not about retiring. You deliberately dug up an old thread to take digs at an area, for no good reason that I can see. This was the 2nd of 2 old threads that you dug up that day.

If the spouse has a job in Shelby where do you propose that they live to give the other spouse access to the most jobs? We're supposed to be helping people. This thread was from last July. I suspect that decisions were made last year. You dug the thread up. You stated your negative opinion of the places. Now tell everyone where someone facing these circumstances should be looking to live. Don't say anyplace in Union County or Matthews, because those are not feasible commutes to a job in Shelby.

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-25-2017 at 07:09 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 05:41 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Yo! OLD THREADS is the major downfall of City/Data and why I seldom use it. Admins should worry & clear off OLD THREADS instead of slapping wrists when someone's comments don't suit them.
BTW...here is a RECENT Shelby factoid I saw LAST WEEK~~out of the 85 gang members to be arrested in the Federal RICO arrests, 25% live IN Shelby, one in Gastonia, the other 2/3 in Charlotte. You can live there, but I hope others choose different cities.

Last edited by mooksmom; 05-31-2017 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: added stat

Old 05-31-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yo! OLD THREADS is the major downfall of City/Data and why I seldom use it. Admins should worry & clear off OLD THREADS instead of slapping wrists when someone's comments don't suit them.
BTW...here is a RECENT Shelby factoid I saw LAST WEEK~~out of the 85 gang members to be arrested in the Federal RICO arrests, 25% live IN Shelby, one in Gastonia, the other 2/3 in Charlotte. You can live there, but I hope others choose different cities.
Again, the OP wanted a town that would be a decent commute for the husband to get to a job in Shelby. She needed to be able to commute to a job in or related to marketing. You didn't like any of the suggestions that I made. You continue to post negative information, so now you tell us what town would work for the OP, if she was still looking.

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-31-2017 at 06:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina