U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:29 PM

564 posts, read 1,336,640 times

Advertisements

While I don't live there anymore, I still work there. What non-chain restaurants would you consider to be the best in Fayetteville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 09:03 PM

549 posts, read 566,025 times
I luuuuurve Mi Casita and Luigi's.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:17 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,906,898 times
Taste of West Africa is probably my all time favorite in Fayetteville. It seemed quite authentic (coming from someone who has, as of yet, never been to Africa) and it's in a good location downtown. They had this Ghanaian stew that gave me freaking life.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:07 PM

19,959 posts, read 18,791,995 times
Default Taste of West Africa, 107 Person Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina 28301-5721

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Taste of West Africa is probably my all time favorite in Fayetteville. It seemed quite authentic (coming from someone who has, as of yet, never been to Africa) and it's in a good location downtown. They had this Ghanaian stew that gave me freaking life.
West African cuisine is something I am definitely not familiar with. What other foods are worth trying at Taste of West Africa?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:34 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,906,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
West African cuisine is something I am definitely not familiar with. What other foods are worth trying at Taste of West Africa?
A cop out answer but all of them! I wanted to try everything. Pretty much all of African culture and lifestyle intrigues me. They had an oxtail and goat dish I don't remember where it was from, but it's what my girlfriend at the time ordered. Very tasty. Shucks...I'm going to be in Fayetteville on Monday, I might hit this place up again >.>

Old 07-10-2016, 06:24 AM

437 posts, read 613,248 times
Blackstone Smokehouse on Raeford Road is a pretty good place if you like BBQ. It is pretty much right across from the Harris Teeter shopping plaza. Parking can be a mess though; make sure you park in the right spots or you can be towed.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:08 PM

983 posts, read 3,512,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRetired View Post
Blackstone Smokehouse on Raeford Road is a pretty good place if you like BBQ. It is pretty much right across from the Harris Teeter shopping plaza. Parking can be a mess though; make sure you park in the right spots or you can be towed.
You have to park in the back, facing the side of Chick-Fil-A.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:43 AM

655 posts, read 452,583 times
Zorba's is one of the best non-chain restaurants, for sure

Old 07-14-2016, 09:19 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,217,697 times
Haven't tried it, and only go back to Fayetteville to see family, and this place is actually in Spring Lake, but, I've been hearing good things about About Us - Better Than Granny's

Food Gallery looks good too: Food Gallery - Better Than Granny's

I'll also second a taste of west Africa

When my bro was still in Fayetteville, he liked scrub oaks on Ramsey St. but looking at their reviews, their ratings are average.

Used to live right by Methodist college and since it was close, I would hit up Brooklyn Pizzeria(on ramsey between Jimmy Johns and Five Guys)

It's a chain, but local chain, last time I went to see my pops, I saw that Char-Grill was getting ready to open(also on ramsey where aldi's was(really the hardees building in front of that aldi's before they moved little further down ramsey).

Old 07-15-2016, 03:48 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,781,610 times
The best breakfast restaurant is MaryBill's, off Bragg Blvd. The service can be average but the food certainly isnt...

The Fried Turkey has at least two locations, very good food...

Fayetteville doesn't do many things well, but it has dining nailed down! I would consider Fayetteville's dining culture/scene to be well above average for its size--I've been to Spartanburg, Hickory, Myrtle Beach, and Asheville, and only Asheville has a fight against Fayetteville for food...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or