Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 03:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,101 times

Advertisements

Hello, I would usually not do this, but I need some help. I live in Illinois with my 2 kids (8 and 15 years old). We lost my husband (their dad) about a month ago. We are wanting to move and have a fresh start. His death was sudden and unexpected at 35 years old, so we just want a new beginning. My mom and youngest son came to North Carolina and checked out the areas. We like the Mount Pleasant area and their school ratings. Can anyone help me with finding a rental house that is reasonable there. I have looked online with no luck for that area. I am hoping to have enough money saved up by January for the move. I am excited and scared all at the same time, I never thought I would have to start over at 34. I was actually born in Havelock, and have always wanted to come back!!!! North Carolina is sooo beautiful and seems so peaceful!!! If anyone has any information for me I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you for you help

Sincerely
Christina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 04:14 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,719,836 times
Are you talking about Mount Pleasant SOUTH Carolina??

Page for Mount Pleasant, SC.

You'll need the South Carolina forum for that.

EDIT--OK, I see that there is in fact a Mount Pleasant, NC. It's a tiny little town near Kannapolis.
The Charlotte forum is probably your best bet.

Population less than 2000; I don't know what you'll learn about it on here.

Here is the Wikipedia page for it.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:22 AM

Thanks for posting a reply

Old 08-08-2016, 10:36 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,778,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthompson1333 View Post
Can anyone help me with finding a rental house that is reasonable there. I have looked online with no luck for that area.
You would have more luck looking in Concord, NC. I tried Realtor.com and found several houses from $850 - $1225/month. You can sort the listings by the lowest price. (Mount Pleasant has only one huge Victorian house for $2300/month.)

Concord school ratings run from excellent to poor, so you should be selective about the school district. You can find more information on Concord by posting in the Charlotte sub-forum.

BTW, I also checked Zillow.com. I found one house on the eastern side of Concord which is zoned for the Mount Pleasant Middle and High Schools. It it is listed for $1200/month. If that is interesting, I can DM you the address and property manager's contact information.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-08-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 08-08-2016, 03:53 PM

Thank you very much for your information, but $1200.00 a month is a bit higher then what I am looking for. I am hoping to find $600-$800 a month? I just really wanted to stay in the mount pleasant school area

Old 08-08-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for your information, but $1200.00 a month is a bit higher then what I am looking for. I am hoping to find $600-$800 a month? I just really wanted to stay in the mount pleasant school area
That's going to be tough for a 2 or 3 bedroom house. Please check Hotpads.com . The Barringer Trace Apartments in Mount Pleasant are in your price range, but they are income restricted. Otherwise try property management firms for apartments in Concord.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:33 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,959,544 times
Mt Pleasant is a *tiny* town that hasn't been growing like the others around Charlotte. Housing choices would be very short. Put Google Maps in streetview and "drive around" and you'll realize how little there is out there. Just a few fast food places and gas stations, and a couple of streets with older homes.

I second the earlier poster that Concord is more likely to offer employment, and has more choices for accomodations.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I am hoping to find $600-$800 a month? I just really wanted to stay in the mount pleasant school area
If you have to stick to that budget for a house, then you probably have to go further away from Charlotte. You might look into Salisbury or Albemarle or the country towns near them.

I also suggest leaving your name with a property managment firm that services Mount Pleasant and tell them to notify you if anything in that range becomes available.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-08-2016 at 09:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina