Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:06 PM

3,639 posts, read 4,473,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
$500 seems ridiculously cheap in an area like Chapel Hill. It even seems that $600-700 is the norm these days in cities, unless it's a really small city.
I've lived in Durham, Chapel Hill/Carrboro, and now Raleigh...paid 450, 400 and 450 respectively. I had many, many many more options each time in each city. Never more than 1 roommate. Right now i have my own bathroom too. Looking at the roommate section now there are tons of rooms under 500 in all cities. Very possible

Last edited by LordHelmit; 09-26-2016 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 09:06 AM

3,071 posts, read 4,824,676 times
Greenville.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:08 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,473,876 times
Greensboro is the best choice. Decent-sized city but not too big, a lot like Raleigh in some ways. Just stay away from rougher areas directly east and south of downtown if you can.

I wouldn't recommend Fayetteville, as it's cheap for a reason. Not only is it a dangerous city, but it's also quite dull. I've heard most people there just drive to Raleigh for fun, or make longer trips down to North Myrtle on weekends. These are mainly people who are stationed at Ft. Bragg. Keep in mind that most eastern NC towns like Goldsboro and Rocky Mount are just as dangerous and dull, to be completely honest.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 4,824,676 times
[quote=JayJayCB;45697728]Greensboro is the best choice. Decent-sized city but not too big, a lot like Raleigh in some ways. Just stay away from rougher areas directly east and south of downtown if you can.

I wouldn't recommend Fayetteville, as it's cheap for a reason. Not only is it a dangerous city, but it's also quite dull. I've heard most people there just drive to Raleigh for fun, or make longer trips down to North Myrtle on weekends. These are mainly people who are stationed at Ft. Bragg. Keep in mind that most eastern NC towns like Goldsboro and Rocky Mount are just as dangerous and dull, to be completely honest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...Greenville, New Bern, Wilmington, Morehead City....they are all dull. In fact they are not, much of the entertainment is just on a smaller scale and more laid back.

I stand by Greenville. It is cheaper to live in a safe neighborhood on a bus route in Greenville than in Greensboro. And its not dull.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:37 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,473,876 times
I'm talking about eastern NC towns in the Coastal Plain region further inland. Obviously, towns right along the coast are going to be nicer. Greenville isn't too bad, but others like Kinston, Goldsboro, and Rocky Mount aren't very special. The smaller towns in this region tend to be even more economically depressed. Again, I'm talking about areas between Raleigh and the actual coast.

I still recommend Greensboro, though. It's large enough to have all the amenities you'll probably need. Post in the Triad forum for more specific responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina