Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 05:07 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times

Advertisements

Try this:

https://www.municode.com/library/api...eDownload=true

If it doesn't work just google "Charlotte non discrimination ordinance". Click on the link with a charlottenc.gov address. It will be the FAQ, but there is a link to the full ordinance (with special instruction for downloading to a mobile device).

I wouldn't write it the same way, but it's not as scary as it has been portrayed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 05:21 PM

88 posts, read 55,871 times
Thanks yeah that's the PDF I found. I didn't see a violations section, other than in the FAQ where it mentioned misdemeanors. It's about the same as HB2 except Charlotte protects gender expression, and HB2 does not. HB2 defines biological sex, while Charlotte leaves gender identity undefined. It would be great if people didn't abuse the loop hole on definition of gender identity, I just can't think of a good way of determining gender identity other than by a professional opinion through a gender reassignment program. That's where I see benefits of HB2. I guess we'll see how the rest of the State feels, or the higher court systems.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:26 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
I took southbounds post to mean I enjoyed dominating, or expressing superiority, over females.

Do you have a link to the actual full city code? I honestly searched, but only found the amendments to the code that were passed with the Charlotte bill. They did not appear to add any penalties for breaking the ordinance. It's hard to search their site on an iPad. Their website does state violating it is a misdemeanor.

As far as throwing a man out of the women's bathroom when he is allowed to be there, I'm afraid I'd have to let him be there as long as he is not taking pictures. He is quite literally within his rights at that point, as demonstrated in Seattle. A man was thrown out of Target this summer, but only because he took pictures of someone in a stall.

I was done responding to you about this topic, but I'm going to tell you that I said no such thing. You'd know it if I did. Geeze.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:48 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times

Old 10-24-2016, 07:01 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Do you really expect me to ask random strangers if they are transgender, and if so, if they are harmed by this law? That is just hilarious.

I don't know why any man would perform a sex change to become a "female", which I'm sure is costly and shows commitment, and then complain that they cannot pee in the men's room anymore when they have already proclaimed to the state that they are now female. What does this hypothetical person want? To be a male and a female at their choosing? If that's what they want, why can't these Duck Dynasty folks Redzin hypothesises about change their gender on a whim too? I don't agree with people being able to choose a gender on a whim. If you really identify with the other gender, commit by following the process as dictated by law.

Because we're not men? Here's a study that shows transwomen have female brains, not male.
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/...jcem.85.5.6564

Also, I am female. Without the quotes. Just thought I'd let you know, "man."

Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
you just made a big deal out of me not having a PhD in biology to suggest that my opinion that a man can't be a woman is not valid, i then cite a former cheif pyschiatrist at a major hospital who says it is transgenderism is a delusion, and you don't even respond to it.

He also believes transsexual women are sexually attracted to themselves, which shows a frightening lack of understanding of how women think and see themselves. If he's married to a woman, I feel sorry for her.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
You have mentioned other potential harm to gays by removing a law from Charlotte, but that doesn't harm transgenders does it? I guess I need to go ask around that question too

If you truly want to know our experiences, and understand us, that couldn't hurt. But you'll have to drop the quotes around female if you want to be taken seriously.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:40 AM

I don't think you read the whole sentence in your first quote of me.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I don't think you read the whole sentence in your first quote of me.
If I misread you, I apologize

As for the thing about transwomen attacking people in bathrooms, it just doesn't happen. Yes, straight men victimize women, in and out of the bathroom. That's what needs to be fixed.

That is a problem, but it is not the LGBTQ community’s problem. It’s not part of the dreaded Gay Agenda.

This is straight America’s legendary sexual hypocrisy rearing its deplorable head again.

It's a symptom of the sickness of far too many heteronormative (often Christian) guys who have all the power and all the privilege and all the breaks, and yet are the ones most likely to sexually assault women and to molest children and to make public spaces unsafe. They are the boogeyman we should be warning people about.

I am so tired of Christians and Conservatives tripping over themselves to be outraged by stuff that simply is not real or that so pales in comparison to the dangers truly lurking out there, whenever those dangers hit too close to home. (It’s much easier to “focus on the family” when it’s someone else’s family.)

Maybe y'all need to stop making the LGBTQ community the scapegoats for the failings of straight cisgender men (not all of them).

Maybe y'all need to focus on misbehaving heterosexual men and figure out why they can’t behave like decent human beings.

Maybe we need to pray about that and protest about that and preach about that.

Maybe some high-profile evangelists need to stop chasing the low-hanging fruit of bigotry and show some real moral backbone and preach truth to their own jacked-up choirs.

Maybe some holier-than-thou Governors should speak directly and continually into the sins of their siblings instead of throwing around irresponsible rhetoric that actually gives religious people consent from God to discriminate.

Maybe we should ask ourselves where love and compassion is in all of this, and just what you are saying to those of us in the LGBTQ community, and the watching world?

Old 10-24-2016, 11:56 AM

I agree that the notion of transgenders attacking people in bathrooms is silly. That is my whole point. I'm trying to prevent the people abusing the idea of gender identity to make it into the other bathroom, legally. For example the Seattle incident. I'm not trying to keep real transgenders out of their new gender's bathroom.

Has HB2 shown you any form of discrimination? If so, how? Do you mind pointing to the sentence or paragraph in the law that is discriminatory? As a transwoman,I'd assume you'd exercise your right to change your gender on your birth certificate and choose to use the women's room exclusively. This is HB2's written purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina