Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:42 PM

459 posts, read 375,727 times

Advertisements

Disappointing. The vote fraud in Durham did him in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:07 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
It did! Even after the $100k or so spent on a recount, those cheating bastards still elected Cooper. Maybe, just maybe, McCory fked himself, novel thought.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Rumor is more on Governor McCrory joining the Trump team. One of FB comments I read was hilarious he would be Inspector of Genitalia.

On one of a news broadcast, it mentioned he would head FEMA and I think that is an excellent choice.

I was actually impressed with his repeated visits and organization of dealing with the Eastern NC floods.
He managed to the organized quick response of crews to handle the crisis.
However, it had its faults as I know someone who went to Greenville to deal with one of his properties then the city imposed a curfew and wasn't a clear detour option for those trying to evacuate due to the road closure from the flooding.

I was disgusted in his cover up for Duke Energy Coal Ash Spill including telling residents of Eden the drinking water was safe which was proven it wasn't.

I remember 3 years ago, July 27th 2013 in Lincoln County it had serious flooding and he and his team came to assess and the numerous breaches in roads was restored within a short time frame.

Hwy 27--- July 27,2013

(The creek normally is a trickle way down where the bridge caution signs are.)

Old 12-06-2016, 05:53 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, do you?

Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
the echo chamber resounds.

I hope the State can repair its completely self-inflicted image issues.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:30 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Are you f'n kidding me?! There was NO vote fraud in Durham! It was stupid of McCrory to think that he could gain significant votes in a recount of the most Democratic county in the state.

McCrory and the GOP were pissed that Durham put Cooper over the top, so they decided to stick it to Durham as a one last F-U before leaving office. Simple as that.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I hope the State can repair its completely self-inflicted image issues.
I hope so as well, but the reparation sits squarely in the chambers of the GA where little has changed. I wish Cooper the best of luck, but I don't anticipate much of a change in legislative policy position. If there's any upside to this, it might put the focus back on the people truly and ultimately responsible for the fiasco rather than singling out a sole individual, weak as an administrator as he is.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:53 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Rumor is more on Governor McCrory joining the Trump team.

I was actually impressed with his repeated visits and organization of dealing with the Eastern NC floods.
He managed to the organized quick response of crews to handle the crisis.
However, it had its faults as I know someone who went to Greenville to deal with one of his properties then the city imposed a curfew and wasn't a clear detour option for those trying to evacuate due to the road closure from the flooding.
I dont know what McCrory did for the rest of Eastern NC, but he did very little to aid in the success of dealing with the flood in Greenville (And it was a success. You're friend had the history of Floyd to learn from - the same areas were hit. Does he not know what he owns?) By following the lessons learned from Floyd, all the key emergency management departments in the city put everyone on high alert before the hurricane dumped 15 inches of rain on us. Leaning heavily on procedures that were developed after Floyd, the city met the flood with confidence and poise. We knew exactly what it would do and where and when. Every person involved in managing flood recovery deserves credit for its successful implementation, but if you must credit one person, sing the praises of Greenville Mayor Allen Thomas. I don't think the man slept for a week. When he wasn't in meetings with key personnel, he was going to the flood areas to keep tabs on it. The whole time he kept in contact with his constituents. At a time when he could have understandably been unavailable, he was at most accessible. He did not simply make appearances with an entourage and make the right statements to a bank of microphones (like McCrory did). Mayor Thomas was up to his elbows in the recovery process, even going so far as to organize an unofficial(official) voluntary cleanup day once the flooding subsided. I'm not one to take a liking any politician, but Allen Thomas showed me that a politician can be a leader if they choose to be. Greenville's done nothing but made great strides since the man took office less than five years ago. He's the one that changed the mindset of the city council only doing studies on development over to acting on those studies, rather than keep paying for more studies to reaffirm the previous studies. Greenville's got a lot going for it now, and is picking up momentum. And it's not because of Pat McCrory or anyone else in Raleigh. It's because we have the most passionate, compassionate, dedicated, hardest-working public servant that is indeed a rare bird. Do yourself a favor folks, if you ever see the name Allen Thomas on a ballot, fill in the circle by his name. He'll be the most tireless advocate for your state that you'll ever see. I'm hoping he'll run for Governor in the coming years. If he does, I can guarantee you that he will not be anyone's dupe or puppet that McCrory proved himself to be.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:24 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Thanks Phil. Mayor Thomas was not on my radar, but I'll be sure to check him out. He sounds like an excellent mayor.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:31 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Some of the "bragging" points made by some is that "McCrory is the first governor in NC to not win re-election. We all know that Bev Perdue would have that honor had she sought re-election.

NC did not allow it's governor's to serve more that one term until 1976.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina