Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:27 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Did you ask your son's History teacher whether she loves her salary as well as her job and students? You might have learned a few things! Teachers shouldn't have to work during the summer months, they should be getting "advanced certifications" which btw, NC doesn't pay for, and NY does! Or a Master's degree! Go too cheap and you end up with "poorly educated" babysitters! How many Nobel Prize winners came out of Mississippi schools? You kinda get what you pay for with a few exceptions!
There's no doubt that teachers here (and most places) are underpaid. I doubt there are teachers in public school systems most places that will tell you they love their salaries. Even those making $100k on Long Island are usually only providing second incomes for their families.

I absolutely support a tax increase if it goes towards raising teachers salaries (and mine are all but done with public school at this point). But that doesn't change my point; teaching is a calling, not just a career. If you want to teach, teach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 01:12 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
I thought all the lottery money was going to be ADDED to the existing funds, and then we'd only have rockstar teachers and brand-new schools. My, was I mistaken!

The lottery was passed by a Democratically-strangled state House & Senate, signed by a crooked governor, under the worst cover of darkness move in the last 30 years. Immediately upon the 2008 credit crisis, Republicans are all for large merit-pay increases, just not across the board. Personally, I'm for reinstating the Masters Program stipend and consistently let the legislators know it. I'd think on a widepsread basis, folks are for our teacher pay being relative to the size of our school system, and the cost-of-living.

And any claims of teachers leaving "in droves" to other states, please support with facts. Thank you.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I thought all the lottery money was going to be ADDED to the existing funds, and then we'd only have rockstar teachers and brand-new schools. My, was I mistaken!

The lottery was passed by a Democratically-strangled state House & Senate, signed by a crooked governor, under the worst cover of darkness move in the last 30 years. Immediately upon the 2008 credit crisis, Republicans are all for large merit-pay increases, just not across the board. Personally, I'm for reinstating the Masters Program stipend and consistently let the legislators know it. I'd think on a widepsread basis, folks are for our teacher pay being relative to the size of our school system, and the cost-of-living.

And any claims of teachers leaving "in droves" to other states, please support with facts. Thank you.
Nice try but I don't care if the "education" lottery generated a $1 billion a minute the GOP and Blue Dog Dems ain't gonna allocate but so much for public education - it's been proven over...and over... and over again. They don't believe in or support public education with all dat "luberlizm" teaching and why a lot of public money is being redirected to charter schools. Yes, many teachers are leaving NC and heading for greener pastures.

Thanks goodness they passed the lottery measures because a lot that money was leaving the state, NC was surrounded by lottery states and luberals aren't clueless sanctified hypocrites....and we believe in drinking and purchasing liquor before noon on Sunday like a ton of other so-called Baptist conservatives. Just sale liquor from 9am to noon on Sunday morning once a month and that outta cover 10% raise for teachers the next 10 years...but that'll get redirected to some other "educational" related expense...teacher fked once again.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:27 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
pardon me, as I walked away before editing my post. It should have read "immediately upon the credit crisis, our state's budget tanked, and everyone paid through that budget suffered freezes. That's the way of state budgets. We're now running a surplus, and Republicans..."

I'm sure it read quite odd, though hopefully not as badly as the next post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina