Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times

Advertisements

Berger and his ilk aren't interested in business and the state's reputation. It's a race to the bottom IMO and if their rural, gerrymandered districts can't have the control and prosperity that they think is their birthright (entitlement), neither can the cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 04:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Its too bad Berger immediately dismissed it. I don't think he intends to have the law repealed, unfortunately.
I've thought, all along, that Berger & McCrory were at the bottom of HB2. When Charlotte passed their bill, WSOC kept calling Moore & his response was not to jump on it. Eventually, he said that he had been getting calls & would call the legislature into session.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:44 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
So this dude is to NC what Bill James has been to Charlotte?

Values - Berger for NC

Homophobic, racist County Commissioner Bill James

Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
So this dude is to NC what Bill James has been to Charlotte?

Values - Berger for NC
Pretty much. The worst part is that he's a transplant, doing everything possible to change the state to suit himself.

Moore is a native. People here in Kings Mountain have known him all of his life. Maybe it's just the people who I have contact with, but none of them think that HB2 is a good idea & none of them think that it was his idea.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:52 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Pretty much. The worst part is that he's a transplant, doing everything possible to change the state to suit himself.
I wouldn't say that he's trying to "change" NC. It seems that he's trying to keep NC from changing into a more liberal state. He probably relocated here in search of a state with more conservative values than his home state.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I wouldn't say that he's trying to "change" NC. It seems that he's trying to keep NC from changing into a more liberal state. He probably relocated here in search of a state with more conservative values than his home state.
He came from New Rochelle New York. Hardly Bible-thumpin' territory. He went to Wake Forest University Law School so his parents were probably well-off. He grew up in Virginia and went to undergraduate school there. I sure wouldn't want this nitwit on the Supreme Court! He's cost North Carolina more money than all the bankrobbers in its history! We know where those people end up when they're caught. Let's hope for the same in his case!

Old 02-16-2017, 02:19 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
Berger is a moron. If it were up to me, he would be sent packing just like his pal McCrory!

Governor Cooper's compromise is definitely the right direction to go after all of this. For those who disagree and say "It's not going to stop perverts from going onto the ladies room", I respond that neither did the Facilities Privacy and Security Act. I think tougher penalties for sex offenders are much more if a deterrent than taking away protections for citizens that need them!

Old 02-16-2017, 05:46 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I've thought, all along, that Berger & McCrory were at the bottom of HB2.
I believe it. McCrory was on "Meet The Press" recently and still says that he doesn't regret signing HB2 into law.

McCrory calls North Carolina losing NBA All-Star game over HB2*

Old 02-16-2017, 06:42 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
Leave the law in place. The people of NC need to take a stand against bullying and intimidation. The Dems had their chance to repeal it but played politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
Yawn..... leave it in place. Stand up against the bullies.
Glad to see there isn't a rational response to this compromise. Because it is the best we can do, in the current climate.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Reality is while Governer Cooper bill is more to show he tried, I doubt GOP legislators will go forth. Even the only open gay democrat legislator Chris Srgo isnt happy with the Cooper bill.

Here a look at other states with anti LGBT bills this year. Ten states have pending bathroom bills.
Alabama, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

https://goqnotes.com/wp-content/uplo...p_2017_hrc.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina