U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,470 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry y'all will be in the Fayetteville area. No offense meant to anyone who likes it there, but I practically grew up there and did live there for a short while. I have lots of family there, so I visit often. It's not a pretty area, in my opinion.

Have you checked Raeford for a house? I don't think it's too far from Fayetteville. There's also a small, country town called Gray's Creek. (In an area beyond Hope Mills.) You may also want to check Stedman, Cumberland and Rockfish. You can go to MapQuest, type in "Fayetteville NC" and get a map that will show you where these towns are located in relation to Fayetteville.

I hope y'all will like living here in NC. Living in the Fayetteville area, the beach will only be about 2 hours away. I recommend the Brunswick Islands (near Southport, south of Wilmington, north of Myrtle Beach) if you prefer less crowded beaches. Myrtle Beach is close enough to the Brunswick Islands (less than an hour away) if you want something more to do than playing on the beach and putt-putt. There's also a nice aquarium at Ft. Fisher. (Near Southport.) You have to take the Southport-Ft. Fisher ferry to get to it.

The mountains will be about 4 hours away from you. I highly recommend a trip to the mountains in the Fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 70,942 times
Default Rentals In Grays Creek

We tried to find a rental in the Grays Creek area while we were there and there was only one!! I hope that in the next couple of weeks we can find something since from what I have heard it is a very nice school district. Trish trishsharleyd@aol.com

Old 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM

51 posts, read 177,461 times
dear luckydog, I am sorry I never responded to you I seem to have trouble manuevering this site. Ill try getting back to you, but send me any info you have. The water doesnt sound so good. What do you do in Edenton? You like it, I assume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or