Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times

Advertisements

I don't know Marblehead, Swampscott, Hamilton, Boxford, Weston, Sudbury, or Newton, but some of the nicest, most exclusive areas on the water in NC are Bald Head Island and Figure Eight Island. You might check those areas out if you're looking for an exclusive beach community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 12:55 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,536,739 times
Educational Attainment in America

Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 PM

What are you trying to say mlhm5?

According to that map, Chapel Hill and Durham are more highly educated than Boston, which jibes with what I have read elsewhere. I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP's question about affluent communities, though.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM

241 posts, read 338,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
What are you trying to say mlhm5?

According to that map, Chapel Hill and Durham are more highly educated than Boston, which jibes with what I have read elsewhere. I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP's question about affluent communities, though.
Affluence, if it is being defined as wealth, tends to follow the trend of advanced educational attainment so I think that's the relevance.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:37 PM

I'm not sure that the same correlation can be made w/ respect to North Carolina. The wealthiest areas of the state here tend to be the tourist areas where wealthy folks have gone to retire, like the Asheville home I linked earlier in the thread. The middle of the state is where we use those advanced degrees and work, but the wealthy places are not necessarily the same places.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 AM

147 posts, read 162,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nita0312 View Post
Affluence, if it is being defined as wealth, tends to follow the trend of advanced educational attainment so I think that's the relevance.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/b...come.html?_r=0

Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 AM

Again, see my earlier posts.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...a.html?ana=fbk
Quote:
Real estate search site Zillow recently released a list of the most expensive home in every state, based on current listings.

In North Carolina, the most expensive listing is for a 15,000-square-foot house in Asheville built in 2002. The four-bedroom, six-bathroom home at 234 Skycliff Drive is for sale at $10.95 million — a $1 million price cut from its original listing price.

Last year's most expensive listing in North Carolina was a $10 million home in Swain County.
You can find many multi-million dollar homes at the beach, too, if it's just affluence you're looking for.

If you're talking per capita income, the Triangle would be at the top. Just depends on what exactly you're looking for.

Last edited by poppydog; 03-20-2017 at 11:17 AM..

Old 11-06-2017, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 1,934 times
Good Lord:-) Hostility should be no part of human beings reaching out to one another...don't you think? Or do you lol? I am considering a move South and am a very well balanced human who has alot to give, an open heart, an educated mind, and a spirit that looks to grow and become more pure in every step of life. Think it would be ok for me to move Somewhere there?
I look for a decent not highly expensive home, on a bit of land, not huge. Also a creative culture area(arts, music, craftsmen, etc) Water (lake, river, stream, creek!) etc) would be nice but NOT alot of flooding...hmmm? Washington caught my eye but looks like alot of flooding..? And I would love to know what Raleigh is all about or if living in nearby towns is more peaceful yet close to Raleigh. Ideas ? Any helping hand here will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks:-)

Old 11-06-2017, 02:12 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
rich blocks poor blocks dot com

Old 11-07-2017, 08:13 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,379,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me and Al... View Post
Good Lord:-) Hostility should be no part of human beings reaching out to one another...don't you think? Or do you lol? I am considering a move South and am a very well balanced human who has alot to give, an open heart, an educated mind, and a spirit that looks to grow and become more pure in every step of life. Think it would be ok for me to move Somewhere there?
I look for a decent not highly expensive home, on a bit of land, not huge. Also a creative culture area(arts, music, craftsmen, etc) Water (lake, river, stream, creek!) etc) would be nice but NOT alot of flooding...hmmm? Washington caught my eye but looks like alot of flooding..? And I would love to know what Raleigh is all about or if living in nearby towns is more peaceful yet close to Raleigh. Ideas ? Any helping hand here will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks:-)
Hmm, not much to go on. What is your idea of "not highly expensive" and "a bit of land"? Washington is a pretty small town, fairly isolated...is that what you want? Raleigh is a large city (by NC standards) with lots of amenities and daunting traffic...is that what you want? Will you be working?

Offhand, I'd say look at Asheville and Chapel Hill if you want "a creative culture area(arts, music, craftsmen, etc)".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina