U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:37 PM

3,353 posts, read 1,333,606 times
whoa...PLEASE call animal control ... sounds like the cops weren't all that helpful to you. I know someone whose dog was recently killed when some horrible people drove by and shot the dog in the driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 AM

39 posts, read 87,181 times
Copper says thank you for all of your responses. I think the man was recently evicted and is taking it out on the dog.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:41 AM

217 posts, read 760,231 times
I don't care if your dog was howling 24/7, there is NO reason for someone to shoot at a defenseless animal. Call the authorities immediately! This is animal cruelty.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,138,704 times
You know, as if shooting at the dog isn't bad enough, what if this gun-toting fool decided to fire at the poor animal, and you just happened to step outdoors? I often stick my head out of the back door, or step onto the porch, to see 'what's up.' And when my child was still living at home, it wasn't unheard of for me to say to her, "will you see what Cosmos is fussing about?"

This neighbor shooting anything towards your home/property is just way-out-of-line. Call the police, repeatedly, if you have to, and Animal Control, and any animals' rights activists groups you can find. Someone is bound to respond, and get the ball rolling to help you.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 AM

Thank you Chatty Cathy. I just happen to have my 15 and 11 year old children and 7 year and 4 month old grandchildren here. Your right, the kids do go to see what Copper is Hollering about. (usually a squirrel). Mr. Ben (the neighbor) also has children. May I add that Mr Ben is only about 21 years old. Isn't that quite young to be so nasty?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 AM

4,258 posts, read 4,037,440 times
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that someone would be randomly shooting at your dog. There must be more to this we are not being told.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,138,704 times
Am I wrong to assume you may be living in a more rural area, marilyn? It was just this past year that Senator John Edwards's wife complained to law officials that her neighbors -- some 'good ole boys' -- were shooting their shotguns near the Edwards' property. I think they were within their legal rights because they were not firing at anything on the Edwards' property, and certainly not at a pet, or animal on the property.

Of course, this is probably neither here nor there.

Have you complained to Animal Control and the local law enforcement? I still say get a photo of the neighbor with the gun in his hands, out in the yard, to document that he is out there with one.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM

10,592 posts, read 21,375,023 times
I have to say that if someone was shooting at my dog even if the dog was baying at the moon day and night, I would go crazy on them.

They are humans, they have a mouth and a brain (I presume), they can come and tell you that they are bothered but how they can say that is beyond me if they let their own pets wander.

I do my best under some strenuous circumstances to get along with some strange people because once the battle lines are drawn with a neighbor, things can get bad but I couldn't let this pass.

I personally am hot headed enough that I would go over and tell the SOB that if he shot that gun again near my dog, my house or my family I would shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

I have found with some neighbors, its like a pi$$ing contest. I had a neighbor like this in Texas. He actually sent to someone elses house and shot their dog in broad day light in its own driveway. He shot my cat but only with a bee bee gun. My Father had just passed away after a protracted illness and I was almost half insane as it was. I wanted to literally wrap my hands around this guys neck when I found my cat (who had escaped, he was a houdini) on my front porch, crying and bleeding.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM

Hi Chatty Cathy. I do live in a rual area, but I have 3 neighbors. This may be a coincedance but Copper has never barked again. ( at least not outside) The neighbor would probably never be able to hanble my two parrots. I have a quaker and a Indian ring neck parrot. Tweety bird (the ringneck) and Pocco (the quaker) are pesty. I was going to put their cages on my porch for a portion of the day but God forbid they talk too loud. (hey kitty kitty, give me a kiss, go give pee-wee a kiss (out dawg) its never ending. So goes my name, Marilyns pets

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 PM

34,511 posts, read 40,003,623 times
Have you considered just going over to your neighbor's house and asking him if the dog is bothering him (or makes annoying noise).

I hate to say this . . . but years ago, one of my coworkers lived in a rural area, and he had a neighbor who would start drinking and grab a shotgun - go outside - and shoot at whatever caught his attention. You don't think that is the case here, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina